1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The angry/mildly upset thread.

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by northwest, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Take a walk into the bush and scream it out. Been there myself.

eng1nerd, Radley, Doraemon and 9 others like this.
  2. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I have 2 packages that should have arrived yesterday but tracking on 1 shows a shipping label was created on Jan 18 and nothing else for it, the other it stuck somewhere in South Carolina, I guess due to the snow storm which I'm okay with. I'm just annoyed about the first one really. Just USPS should at least update the expected delivery times due to snow instead of continuing to give the original delivery date which has now passed.

Radley, Doraemon, CalicoSalsa and 5 others like this.
  3. landwire
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

It was hard, but I had to force myself to conclude that USPS tracking is for entertainment and generic estimation purposes only. When I was running a shop not too long ago, my most common complaint was packages not arriving in a timely manner or multiple package to single address not showing up together. It stinks telling customers that it was out of my hands as the packages were already picked up or taken directly to the post office. I would of course word it much nicer, but still, it was a awful feeling.

4. Longbow_06

Longbow_06 Banned

We have two packages coming in from England, which are a week late now.
    I'm thinking it's the snow :-/

5. CalicoSalsa

CalicoSalsa Uber Prepared

I tend to agree. I am getting all the new USPS tracking updates, but they don't include the REF field which one can utilize when you create the shipment. I wish the updates would show that so that I could decipher which update belongs to which shipment. If someone doesn't include anything in the REF field, it could display "no data", but for those of us who routinely use it, it would be nice if they picked up that data. Especially since we type it in the online label creation, not as if someone has to re-enter it...

6. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

Hah me too. Label created 21 Jan. And something I want to use immediately too.

7. landwire
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

If I need something right away, I use Amazon Prime Now. While the selection wasn't the greatest when it started in my area, with each passing month, it is getting better and better. For the extra $7.99, the item will indeed be there within 1 hour. Regardless if you go with the standard free or the $7.99 1 hour shipping, it is AMAZING being able to follow the GPS tracking of your order.

8. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

iTunes on the PC. Whoever is responsible for it (and in fairness its previous umpteen incarnations) needs kicking in the groin until something falls off.

Love their phones and tablets but that's it.

9. asemery

asemery Loaded Pockets

Gas Station/Credit Card :censored:
    This past Monday I purchased $16.00 worth of gasoline at a local station and used my credit card at the pump. That evening I went online to check on some unrelated matter and saw that a $150.00 charge appeared from the gas station. I called the station and they blamed the bank. (I have a Discover Card not affilliated with a bank). Discover Card blamed the gas station. I Googled and found that such holds are common on gas station purchases.
    It was not until noon today that the $150.00 hold disappeared and the correct $16.00 appeared.
    If this happens all the time who gets the interest on all those holds until the correct charges appear?
    I was better off not knowing about this. They say that "Ignorance is bliss" and that is really true in my case

10. Radley
    • In Omnia Paratus

Radley Uber Prepared

Good luck fella, never fun when your having a bad time of it. Keep fighting for the ones you love and things should get better.

sent from S6 edge plus. boom!!

11. Radley
    • In Omnia Paratus

Radley Uber Prepared

Not so much of an angry thing, more a bloody hell sort of moment. I'm sure most people have had a similar thing.
    But woops!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Screw box say hello to the floor

sent from S6 edge plus. boom!!

12. tomsk
    • In Omnia Paratus

tomsk Loaded Pockets

That's enflamed my cringe gland

13. JustinJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

JustinJ Loaded Pockets

in my experience working at a bank for the past decade, a hold is just a notice of a pending transaction - it should not cause any interest because it is just a notification, and interest should not start applying until the hold drops off and the correct amount has posted. if you do see interest for the 150.00 amount instead of the correct amount, you can always call Discover and file a dispute. Gas stations, hotels, and car rental places are notorious for placing holds larger than the transaction itself because they are accepting/approving the card before the actual amount of the purchase has been determined.

from what I have seen, most merchants handle card transactions the same way they handle a check: they can sit on it for as long as they'd like before sending it on up to their bank, which then passes it on to the customers' banks/card-issuers. stores have to pay to process their card transactions, so they typically wait until they have a nice big batch to do so.

Water-Rat, Doraemon, snowkiwi and 5 others like this.
  14. JustinJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

JustinJ Loaded Pockets

i am upset that my car was in the middle of a big sheet of black ice today. the parking lot outside my apartment is a sea of ice with islands of too-deep-for-my-liking snow, and a little peninsula of actual pavement in a spot where it has warped upwards. when i started shovelling on Sunday, i started at that spot, and made a nice clear path. i even swept away the little traces of snow the shovel leaves behind so it would not turn to ice. then the snow melted some on Wednesday and the water froze wednesday night. so i went out on my peninsula and got partway to the car and realized the rest of the way was far too slippery for my clumsy feet.

I am happy for an excuse to not go to work and sit around watching movies and playing games, but i would rather plan it and schedule such a thing for when i really need it rather than have it happen again just a day after my previous snowcation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.