1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The angry/mildly upset thread.

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by northwest, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longbow_06

Longbow_06 Banned

That's some good stuff, right there !! ;)

2. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

My oldest boy built it:cool:

3. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Angry almost covers it. I might have mentioned having an early morning run.

Was to Sams distribution in Dayton.,TX. Got there 5:04 am got out 6:30 am.
    At 7:50 am I got told to pick up near Hobby Airport and deliver in Humble.
    Got empty at 10 am. Got told he was waiting on info for a pick up in Conroe.
    Got over close to I-45 and got fuel. As I had awakened at 3:30 I sent at 1:25 pm that if he had nothing by 2 I was going back to I-59 and if nothing by 3 I was going home. He sent almost immediately go home.
    Don't make a whopping amount of money anyhow but how in the heck am I supposed to keep my truck running much less replace it like this?

JPHing, Radley, keith1234 and 7 others like this.
  4. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

See what I mean? (Not angry at HELM, angry at SHOT). The R51 mentioned above STILL isn't truly on the market, BTW, and I really doubt it ever will be.

5. Ben Rubinstein

that said, where do we look for shot show updates in the EDC world? What's the right blog? :)

6. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

Benchmade has their new products up on their website. Knifecenter has new models from Benchmade and Spyderco up for preorder. Cheaper Than Dirt and Defender Outdoors are staying on top of guns. Of course, these are all sources of information I see all year. I haven't looked for anything specific to the SHOT show, as it really does bother me, probably to an unreasonable extent, the more I think about it.

7. 4rmless
    • In Omnia Paratus

4rmless Loaded Pockets

google knife news, their feed is pretty good.

8. Longbow_06

Longbow_06 Banned

More rain in GA... yay... Not.
    Going to rain through tomorrow, and then freeze Friday night... yay... Not.
    May or may not get snow Saturday ?? This far West ??
    Great... Not.

9. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Not nearly even mildly upset like yesterday.

JPHing, CalicoSalsa, Radley and 4 others like this.
  10. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I'm giving a lecture today on physician assisted suicide at the large rehab hospital here. I serve on their bioethics committee. It's been legalized here by the Supreme Court so we have to prepare for how we're going to administer it. A place of hope and healing shouldn't be in the death business, but it's the law and we've got to dance with the devil hoping that we don't get burned too badly.

Sent by owl post.

11. Longbow_06

Longbow_06 Banned

I feel for you. This year will be my third suicide prevention training. I'm not sure I agree with assisted suicides, but then, I've never been in one of those situations. I don't know...
    On a brighter note, I do have to retake the ANSA training, after passing it only 12 months ago.
    I pointed out to my boss that someone's making a killing, charging for these pass/ fail tests every 12 months.
    As if anything's changed since the last round of tests.

12. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

We always think it will be the person dying in agony from bone cancer or locked in a useless body because of Huntington's. In jurisdictions where euthanasia is legal, 40%+ of those doing it have depression as their only illness. Treatable not terminal.

Sent by owl post.

13. Longbow_06

Longbow_06 Banned

That's a frightening ratio just for depression. When yes, it is treatable.
    I didn't realize that Canada had that.

14. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

It's new. Supreme Court overturned the rules prohibiting it 11 months ago and gave the government 12 months to write rules. Recently gave Feds an extra 4 months. Quebec has already started. They are using the triple cocktail from European pharmacies that used to be used in the US for executions. They won't sell them to states anymore because the EU doesn't believe in death penalty. So it's okay to kill the elderly, insane and infirm but not murderers.

My husband is on the committee that is trying to write the new rules for Alberta. I'm on the bioethics committee for the largest rehab hospital in the province. It's where people who've had strokes or become paralyzed or blind come after being stabilized in the hospital. We have a big PTSD program and things like cardiac rehab and teen mental health inpatient for those who've attempted suicide or cut or starve themselves. Basically ground zero.

Canadians aren't used to living in a litigious society but it's increasingly spreading here from the US. My job is to explain worst case scenarios to people who can't visualize it. Should have seen the look on their faces when I told them they might get picketers and protesters, or that they might get sued by someone who came to say goodbye to their grandmother getting the needle and were traumatized by it. Not to mention PTSD in the staff who have to carry it out. There will be conscientious objection allowed, but that doesn't mean someone who agrees with the practice will be able to survive doing it. Plus the fights among family members where one kid agrees with Dad's decision and the other one doesn't.

I'm perfect for hospital board work. I have the legal background, but because I can't practice law here, no conflicts of interest. My Masters of Theology thesis is in bioethics, so I'm tailor made for this process. Probably one of the few people in the whole province who has witnessed these drugs being used during my time doing death penalty appeal work years ago. It is nice to feel useful and productive in a professional setting again, I just wish the circumstances were different.

Sent by owl post.

15. asemery

asemery Loaded Pockets

The weather reporters got it wrong. 8" - 12" were predicted here (above Allentown, PA) and we got 2 feet of snow. That is not what angers me.
    Worst part was clearing the end of the driveway. The road crew left a 3' wide x 3 1/2" high swath in front and down the street in front of the mail box. The reflective street number hanging from the mal box was knocked off. We live at the right side end of a cul-de-sac snd the snow for the street piles up in the empty Township owned lot there. During past years this pile of snow made by the road crew creeps back with each successive snowfall and we have to carve out a spot for the postal carrier to deliver the mail and back out to continue her route. Looks like this year will be more of the same

Radley, JPHing, CalicoSalsa and 7 others like this.
  16. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Thought I was going to be able to get a good nights sleep last night but someone in the household decided it was a good idea to do a load of laundry at 2:30 a.m. and I woke up to the clanging of zippers hitting the dryer drum. My bedroom is in the basement just down the hall from the laundry room. What are people thinking when they do that .............. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

On the same frustrated level, I get home last night to park my car in the driveway and I already told the step-son that he has to pull right up to the shed at the end of the driveway in order to fit all 3 cars in the driveway .................. what does he do, leave about 2 feet from the shed. Again, what is wrong with people .............. where do they get there listening skills from. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And to top it all off, my wife hasn't talked to me in over a week and is basically living a single life because her boys are all grown up (22 and 19 years old) doesn't think she needs to be accountable for anything in a married life, and I still have an 8 year old daughter to take care of every other weekend. Which reminds me, I have to go to court today cause my ex wants to steal joint custody from me and have full custody!!!!!!!! :stomp:

Can you tell what lack of sleep does to me!!! :mad:

Radley, Doraemon, Longbow_06 and 10 others like this.
  17. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

LIke purely out of support brother. Hope things start to improve.

Radley, scbubba, Longbow_06 and 8 others like this.
  18. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

Face- Good luck in court. People forget in their desire to hurt an ex that custody/visitation is actually the child's right. They have the right to have both parents in their lives. The right and the desperate need.

Sent by owl post.

Radley, Doraemon, scbubba and 12 others like this.
  19. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Had a verbal stoush with a total :censored: today at an undercover carpark. Clown was in a big 4wd and racing through the carpark at about 40kph, the carpark is limited to 25 because elderly and kids are always walking through. I watched him park and start getting his kids out and went over
    "G'day mate, do you know the speed limit through here?"
    "How about you tell me mate?"
    "it's 25, which is almost half the speed you were doing"
    "So? What are you going to do about it?"
    "I'm going to show you this badge here in my wallet, tell you I've noted your registration plate and suggest you drive sensibly in the future"
    "Or what?"
    "Oh you don't even want to find out what 'or what' will involve mate, be smart, you'll get to keep your car"

Radley, Doraemon, scbubba and 12 others like this.
  20. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Just when you think you couldn't get hit any harder .................WHAA BAMMMMMMMMMM .

Good news on the going to court front, bad new on the home front. It just went from bad to worse than worse. I went from being okay with it to now I want to rip someones head off!!!!!

Why do people who supposedly "LOVE" you do that to a person. It's not almost worse, it is worse than grieving the loss of a life!!!!

:stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp:

Radley, Doraemon, vegassprky and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.