1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The angry/mildly upset thread.

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by northwest, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landwire
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

In elementary school, I had a bully that was a few years older. He was the verbal kind. He was the biggest, baddest kid in the school. He was able to walk his talk. When I was in jr. high, I had gotten into a fight with one of his friends who was in high school. I was able to quickly put an end to that. Word got out. I ran into the bully himself when I was a freshman in high school. I was quite noticeably bigger and taller. I said "What up shrimp?" and he ran. Him and his friends never bothered me again. Sometimes, you simply outgrow the bullies.

2. Ben Rubinstein

On that topic, nothing quite like watching middle aged bullies, they're so pathetic, no one is scared any more.

3. BobsBargains

BobsBargains Banned

Unfortunately some child bullies just grow old, never up.

4. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Yeah, not all but some just go out and buy a "Bike" and join a club! We all know who those people are.

5. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Yup!.... yuppies. :nah_disagree:

6. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

You mean like this? :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

So I go to the court house to file my Affidavit of service and the person in front of me is asking questions as if she's getting counsel from an attorney or duty counsel. She didn't even have all her documents filled out properly and was taking way too much time. Man, people can really get under ones skin when they exhibit a lack of common sense. At the end of signing documents she than asked to confirm the date of her court appearance ......... ARE YOU SERIOUS???????

After she was done, I walked up gave the clerk my form 17A (case conference brief) and Form 6 (affidavit of service). Affirmed the documents and signed the affidavit of service. Total of about 2 minutes ............. told the clerk " Don't you wish they were all this easy". She grinned and said YES!!!

In this day and age there should be no reason for people to not educate themselves on due process and common sense!!

Sorry, it's been a tough start to the year for me!!!! :stomp:

8. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Minibear453 Loaded Pockets

Professor writes a book. Forces us to buy it. Only available at the bookstore for too much money. :mad:

9. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

I remember this 20 years ago when I was in College. Cost us all $100.00 and than the next group of students 2 years later, had to buy the *NEW REVISED* edition preventing us all from being able to sell our copy to new students. :mad:

10. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Minibear453 Loaded Pockets

I think it's pretty ridiculous.:furious: Especially for subjects like math where nothing changes. Last semester I had a professor who wrote his own 250pg book... and gave it to us for free.

11. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I am so tired of the HVAC system in the school I work at. Every single room is a different temperature. Plus, they let the system stay off over the three day weekend and don't get it running in time. I assist a student with special needs. His homeroom teacher's room was 53 degrees in the morning. Thankfully, it had risen to 58 degrees by the time homeroom started. And of course his next class was in a room towards the center of the building with no windows. Temps in there were 71 at the start and 75 by the end of class. Then, of course the next class was back in the mid 60s. I don't mind mid 60s, but it's the going from cold to hot to cold to medium to hot again that really ticks me off.

12. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I paid $17/hour for undergrad and $36/hour for law school. I'm paying well over $200 presently for my Masters. Don't get me started on the price of textbooks.

Sent by owl post.

13. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I got out of going to Deer Park,TX for my last run. But not out of needing to be at the Sam's Warehouse in Dayton, TX at 5:15am. That ain't so bad but from 5:30 or 45 I'll get to wait around until 7:45 or so.

14. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Some wingnut just tried to charge $2,000 to the Microsoft store on my credit card.

Have I mentioned how much I love, love secured cards? Denied, sucker!

15. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

1. You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

2. I know there are legitimate motorcycle enthusiasts, but there are FAR too many people who treat their bikes like its dress up time. "Ooh! Look at me with my loud but grossly underpowered, stone age , and horribly overweight motorcycle! And I have a skull mask! Scary! ". Or the squids who shut down stretches of highway to act like children. And then get mad when some dude with a Range Rover takes a few out.

A few years ago, driving down the highway w my wife in our car we encountered a bunch of squids blocking traffic so they could stunt. Nuh-huh. Not on my time. I forced my way thru, partially using the shoulder, and blew by them. I guess my aggressive behavior was a warning enough to not mess with the cager. One of the guys had long and luxurious dreads, and a full yellow jumpsuit. My wife said " Aren't you scared that they might do something?"

I replied "I will never be afraid of a man in a bright yellow leather jumpsuit.".

That being said, I would love a thumper. I dont need fast, just fun. 500cc is enough for me. But I will wait till I move from the NYC area. Seems like riding around here is an exercise in frustration/death wish.

16. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Dang caught again! Not me!! I get text and email alerts when my debit and credit cards are used.

17. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

How's this for stone age? ;):D
    [​IMG]

18. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

People that work at the deli counter in the supermarket that don't know how to slice cold cuts thin. It's like the machine only has one thickness on it just so they can get by just counting the number of slices to get to a half pound. Seems like if you buy from there pre cut section you only get 8 slices in a half pound, doesn't matter what you buy. And when you ask for something sliced thin like paper they look at you with a blank stare and a look like what do you mean " THIN". I would go to the other supermarket but it's out of my way and prices are higher by quite a bit, but when you say thin they ask how thin would you like.

19. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

OOOHHH yeah! Boar's Head tavern ham sliced thin!!!!!

20. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

That is a rolling sculpture. Well done. And I suspect that whoever is riding that knows a thing or two about motorcycles. Is that an airbag suspension? And the open primary is a disaster waiting to happen... Like when your shop teacher would tell you to roll up your sleeves or tie back your hair when using the lathe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.