1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The angry/mildly upset thread.

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by northwest, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmbriggs

jmbriggs Loaded Pockets

So today my wife and I are running some errands. We usually don't do this togather but I had to drop off my truck to a mechanic because it needs work I don't have the tools for. So we go to pay the phone bill and rather than hauling our infant son out of the car I stayed with him while she ran in for a minute. A very large woman parks next to us and my son starts mooing like a cow. I have never heard him do this before so I was shocked. The woman who probably weighed 350 lbs was not impressed. I tried to apologize for the actions of my child but she wasn't having any of it. When the rest of my kids get home from school I ask who taught him to do that. My third child offers up a confession and when I told him I nearly got into a fist fight with a fat woman on the town square because of his actions he laughe'd and said " I'm not sorry.". I know I have raised my children better than this.

scbubba, Gilatabar, Doraemon and 7 others like this.
  2. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Repeat of last week.... Co-worker went to get his check, and ended up picking up mine as well. He does this on his own, to help me out. Which is nice of him. (Though if I'm honest, I hate owing another person.) Thing is, once again, the office was supposed to mail out my check. And once again, it just sat there at the office for over a week! The post office is literally 3 blocks up the street from the office. I gave the Big Boss a call. Left him a message. He never called back. So next is calling another Boss. This one actually picks up. If nothing gets done again.... I'm filing an official complaint with the Dept. of Labor.

I don't care who you are. A guy making seven figures on Wall Street or some native in a 3rd World Country living off of $2.oo a day. Some things are universal. You don't pull this sort of idiotic nonsense and expect workers to work for free.

3. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Time to slam foot into buttocks for motivation to help or hit the road.

4. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Take away their cellphones. That will horrify them far more than if you whipped them with a leather belt for an hour each, on their backsides. It's pathetic how kids are horrendously addicted to their cellphones nowadays. The only silver lining is that it makes punishing them for the worst offenses, rather easy.

5. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

That's reserved for another worker of mine. It would be pretty hard to get around with both feet crammed up 2 butts.

6. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

That thought occurred to me too but a kick to butt cheek area might work without getting it stuck.

7. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Well one of my problem workers will be someone else's problem in about 2 weeks which is good. This guy should be fired but instead we move him somewhere else.

8. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

No, not the cellphone: The CHARGER :devil: ...of course, that only works if it doesn't have a USB connector...:banghead:...!

9. madlag

madlag Banned

ordered a case for my new iPhone. Needed it quick so I ordered it next day shipping...that was 3 days ago. Phone calls with UPS reps says its lost and they'll try to find it. Called apple and they're sending another for free. Stupid UPS.

My guess is one of the ups workers thought it was a new phone and stole the box...I hope they were more than disappointed.

10. groovster

groovster Loaded Pockets

Seems like the drivers around here with that problem are driving the more affordable versions, like 5-Series and C-Class models.

11. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

There's a saying 'round these 'ere parts: 'The sportier the car, the smaller the brain' (at last, I think they said brain, can't be 100% sure on that little 1% bit) :giggle:

12. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

The smaller brain ;)

13. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

GAH! Several days after the supermoon (see here), I have only now found my old digital camera, a Fujifilm A150. :banghead:

The good news? It still works just fine: A pair of AAs, checked the SD card, good to go. Why, oh WHY, couldn't it have allowed itself to have been found last Monday night instead?! :stomp:

14. sk33tr

sk33tr Loaded Pockets

if i said something like that to my mom or dad, i'd get smacked in the mouth.

actually, whoever did the mooing would get smacked and then whoever taught them would be smacked as well.

my parents didn't believe in "time out". they believed in discipline. period.

15. IMWILSON
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON EDC Wizard

Relax, 18 years will go by before you know it. ;)

16. groovster

groovster Loaded Pockets

Around here we also have guys who lift their trucks, sometimes ridiculously so. I like trucks, and lifted trucks have their recreational uses, but one can always tell the guys who are compensating for something. Inverse proportions and all that... :rolleyes:

17. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

heh. yeah, if I'm still around to see it; here's hoping, anyhow :)

18. asemery

asemery Loaded Pockets

On a recent trip to Maine (from Pennsylvania) I crossed the State of Connecticut on route I 84. All the rest stops were closed. Even the parking areas with portalets were shut down. As a 74 year old male who needs ready access to a toilet this made for an uncomfortable trip through then state. Same conditions returning through the state a week later. I like to stiop every 2 hours to stretch my legs even if I don't need to use the facilities. Connecticut needs to imporove these conditions. On the return trip I had a off road rest stop planned in advance so I was prepared.
    On a positive note New York has "Texting Stops" every few miles. These are designated pull offs with rest room facilities where people can pull off the road to phone or text in a safe place. Apparently it is illegal in New York for drivers to use a hand held device. I applaud the state for this effort.

19. jmbriggs

jmbriggs Loaded Pockets

Cell bill was wife and mine. My children don't have cellphones nor will they anytime soon. My oldest that is living with me is 11 and he thinks cell phones are toys still to the tunes of stealing my wife's phone and charging 300 bucks to the bill by downloading games. So again kids that are at homes don't and won't have phones.

20. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Ironically.... That's completely true. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.