1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The absolute ONE watch you've always wanted.

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Monocrom, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Stutz

Stutz EDC Junkie

Stunning! Can I steal this for my pick, too? I also like their Heritage Blue Chrono.

2. murrydan
    • In Omnia Paratus

murrydan EDC Junkie!!!

I am selling off all my old/redundant EDC gear to fund a Speedmaster. Finally have a plan for making it come true.

3. archimedes

archimedes EDC Junkie!!!

One of the absolute best looking watches ever made :)

Congrats !

murrydan likes this.
  4. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

Luminox Navy seals watch or a Traser look alike

5. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

My watch urges are pretty reasonable...been wanting a Protrek for a while. Probably won't ever buy one because they're overkill for my needs but I like the looks.

[​IMG]

echo victor and Monocrom like this.
  6. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

That's actually an excellent way of putting it.

Very recently, I became more than a bit disillusioned with so-called "luxury" watches and especially the brands calling themselves "High-End." It was based on some things I learned about the watch industry more than awhile back. But sadly, without knowing it, I drank the Kool-Aid. Well, after getting a bit burned out on watches, I took a short break. Came back to watches and decided I wasn't going to get conned like so many folks seem to.

Truth is, quite a few folks know they're paying obscene mark-ups. But don't really care. (And that's due to a variety of different reasons.) I guess I realized.... I care.

A milestone is coming up for me very soon. So, by this time next year, I hope to have a watch I had my eye on a couple of years back; but moved on to other potential models.

So.... Oris Artix GT Day Date model (The non-chronograph version). Just not sure if I'm going with the shiny bezel version, the black, or the two-tone. Must admit, the two-tone looks really nice.

Pricing isn't cheap. But I plan on making it my Lifetime watch. So the price of entry seems reasonable to me.

7. Wojo

Wojo Loaded Pockets

For me it's a Breitling Chronomat GMT. Not sure when I started lusting over this model but I have decided if I could have ONE single luxury watch, this would be it.

8. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Nothing wrong with the old method of saving up for that one watch you really want. Also, there are places that do monthly payments. Just like financing a car. Wear the watch while paying it off. With watches, that's not for me. But others have gone that route.

9. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

10. ajwilson

ajwilson Loaded Pockets

I had two grails. Bought one - picture attached. I didn't really notice how dirty it was when I snapped the picture (since remedied). Who recognizes the caseback? As far as truly unobtainable goes, I covet the Hublot Antikythera.

[​IMG]

11. Ropes4u

Ropes4u Loaded Pockets

Seamaster Planet Ocean 600 M orange on a bracelet.

12. ajwilson

ajwilson Loaded Pockets

And the Urwerk thousand year pocket watch, obviously.

13. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

been there, done that... Rolex GMT Master... $228 at the China Fleet Club Hong Kong in 1972.. wore out one bracelet, replaced a crystal and bezel... got pretty shabby looking after 36 years of use, so I retired it when I did... may rebuild it one day... I'd like to find another one for $228 :)

[​IMG]

CatsTide and Monocrom like this.
  14. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

My daily watch is one of two Seiko's (Dive or Monster). I have a old Omega Seamaster that has been in the drawer for years.
    One day I hope to buy a Rolex Submariner.

dawgfan76 likes this.
  15. Ben Rubinstein

It's a really nice watch and ticks almost all of my boxes, I just wish that they had a 12 or 24 hour chronograph rather than 60 minutes. I really liked that feature on my Seiko, very useful when working by the hour on a job but I've not found a current Seiko that I like.

baconboyrlz likes this.
  16. chili77

chili77 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I've been dreaming of this one for a long time. Yesterday I got it.

Gary Gross, deeker, Soosh and 2 others like this.
  17. BlueTrain

BlueTrain Loaded Pockets

I want one of those watches they give you when you retire.

dawgfan76, HimalayanHitman and ghuns like this.
  18. Wojo

Wojo Loaded Pockets

Trust me Mono I have thought about it! However I have many needs that currently come before my lust for a luxury watch. Hopefully if the stars align and things fall in place for me in my professional endeavors I will be able to treat myself to it in a couple years.

19. Soosh

Soosh Loaded Pockets

I'd wear that today with no work done on it at all. Thanks for showing us.

I don't know if I have an absolute one watch I've always wanted. I wanted a Submariner for a long time and had the chance to try one and didn't like it. I kind of switched to wanting a Speedmaster, and when I played with one in a shop I loved it. I also recognize that it's simply the only mechanical chronograph I've ever handled and I might be happy with something much cheaper like a Seagull 1963 or any number of 7750-based chronos.

If I had everything paid off today, no big expenses coming up, and five grand in the bank just to blow I'd probably go for a simple Oyster Perpetual. I don't know how long I'd be happy with it though. I guess it's affordables for me forever.

20. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

I really like the look of LumTec watches. I have no idea how they are as an every day watch, I just like the look.

I also really like Bell and Ross's BR-1. I bought a homage to one when I was in Bali - at a glance it looks OK but if I had a spare couple of grand I'd definitely get one, black face / white numerals.