1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The absolute ONE watch you've always wanted.

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Monocrom, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Tell us what it is. Post pics as well. I'm talking about the one your heart wants. Doesn't have to be practical or pragmatic, or even reasonably priced or affordable. (But let's be honest, it would be better if it were. Cause that would mean you could have it someday.)

I'm talking about the watch equivalent of that smoking hottie in the red dress that blew your socks off the first time you saw her. Or, for the lovely women who are also EDCF members, that smoking hot guy with the 6-pack. (Of abs, not beer.)

The watch version of one of those. So, share with us what your heart desires . . . in a watch.

HimalayanHitman likes this.
  2. Mobuse

Mobuse Loaded Pockets

I really like the Tag Heuer Carrera....

BUT I already have a great watch so I can't really justify buying another one (I already do it with multitools, but they cost only a fraction of that watch). And I really, really, really can't stand Leonardo DiCaprio, TAG Heuer's poster boy. I don't want some TAG executive to think that putting Leo's face on their commercials made me buy that watch......

graveyard and Eon007 like this.
  3. yellowhammer

yellowhammer Loaded Pockets

Never gonna happen, but - the DLC coated Pro-hunter Sea Dweller. (The proper Sea Dweller that is, none of this new Deep Sea nonsense.) Couldn't find a picture of the right watch, alas.

And yes, I know Rolex are a bit of a cliche these days and that there are better watches out there for the money. I don't care though, I want one. Have we got a "blowing a raspberry at all the haters" smiley? Ah, close enough - :nyah: :laugh:

TKC likes this.
  4. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

5. tower
    • The Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Ugly and wrenchking like this.
  6. fotog

fotog Empty Pockets

I might be old, but I have owned Rolex Subs for over 30 yrs., and already have the one and only for this guy. The everyday Rolex Sea Dweller. It replaced a non-calender Sub which I had for over 23 yrs of everyday wear. The current one is now about 4 or 5 yrs. old, and it's worn 24-7. It is the only watch I can wear that doesn't break, as I work on motorcycles, cars, woodwork, what-ever:agree:
    It might cost a little bit more in the purchasing part, but I sold the "old" Sub for $2500, and the new one was only $600 more; after 24 yrs., not bad investment IMHO ! Now I even have a date. Don't like the bubble on "normal" Subs because it's weak spot for breakage, which about the only thing that can possibly hurt these "tanks"!:dance: Now, if I were rich enough, I'd get the 18K Gold Sea Dweller, so I guess that would be my "wish" watch after rereading the thread.

7. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Ball Night Train.

Stutz likes this.
  8. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Loaded Pockets

My wife purchased the watch I've had my heart set on for years... A Rolex Explorer II. Wear it most every day and love it! I would like to add a GMT II and a DSSD one day. Yes, i am a Rolex nut, however my collection has many brands.

9. CenterMass

CenterMass Loaded Pockets

Easy....Omega Speedmaster.

Stutz, graham_s, netcat and 2 others like this.
  10. TARFU
    • The Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Seamaster 300 M Chrono Diver

w2edv likes this.
  11. amacman
    • The Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

12. icemncmth

icemncmth Loaded Pockets

13. Makaveli

Makaveli Loaded Pockets

Just me.. But no way in hell would I ever pay that much for a watch.. Depends in what it is.. Car maybe

No matter how much money I have...why have something you cant use. Thats just me thought.... Grandfather collected watches among other things..

I love them too but not enough to pay that much... I can get so many electronics with that cash! Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

14. darkflcn

darkflcn Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

BLACK VULTURE TITANIUM
    In the evolution of the MTM Pro Ops Line of tactical watches, the Night Ops Vultures represent a milestone in ingenuity and engineering.

The original edition Hawk employed a lighting system never before utilized in a military watch of any type.

Both the multi-mode lighting system and the Swiss quartz movement were powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that required nothing more to re-charge than placement on the charging stand.

The new edition Vulture represents another leap in MTMs technological innovation.

The former Vulture lighting module has been updated to 4 sequential light modes which now include a multi LED strobe and an ultra-violet light frequency mode. The former 316L stainless case has been replaced by an aeronautical grade titanium for strength and lighter weight. Previous editions utilized a PVP ion deposition plating over the stainless substrate. The plating has been upgraded to the ultra premium DLC, Diamond-Like-Carbon, available on few watches at any price

Re-charging is as simple as connecting to a laptop via a USB port or other DC supply; or via an AC wall outlet with either a 110 or 220 voltage supply.

With an all titanium case, scratch resistant DLC plating and rechargeable lithium battery, the new Vulture soars above the rest.

info copied from http://www.specialopswatch.com/cart/products.cgi?detail=149&option=3

15. adimag

adimag Loaded Pockets

Mine used to be the IWC Aquatimer, but that has since been replaced with the Seiko Prospex Marine Master GMT Spring Drive 600M Diver (SBDB001) To me it is the best of both worlds. Old world mechanical with the modern accuracy of a quartz. This is my grail watch!

[​IMG]

Stutz, Pt-luso, Eskerbillion and 8 others like this.
  16. amacman
    • The Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

I hope you at least take it out of that safe every once in a while. I don't want that watch to sit in a safe, I want to wear it.

17. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

I like a couple designs but I am not as keen on watches as to (read: cannot afford to) get deep into them

However, I'd be really proud to own a Seiko Bell-Matic one day

highly unlikely, but wouldn't it be lo-ve-ly?

Ugly likes this.
  18. doomtroll

doomtroll Loaded Pockets

Victorinox Swiss Army Infantry Vintage Gunmetal Chrono

[​IMG]

19. RGNY

RGNY Empty Pockets

Rolex Explorer I. the only luxury watch that has ever interested me. first thing on my list when the mortage goes away in ten years....

[​IMG]

20. jackthedog

jackthedog Loaded Pockets

While it's not unique or custom, an Omega Seamaster. I suppose Bond got me hooked as a kid.