1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

That ONE detail that stops you from a purchase.

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by epicelite, Jan 15, 2012.

1. epicelite

epicelite Loaded Pockets

You know how when you REALLY want something, but there is just one little detail that bugs you and stops you from buying it?

For me it has to be the Maratac Mid-Size Pilots Watch. It's the best looking analog watch I have ever seen, but I can't stop looking at how the seconds dial covers up the 6.

I cant be the only one with this, or a similar, problem?

2. Condition1

Condition1 Loaded Pockets

i hate that watch for the exact same reason!

3. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Bit different for me. I won't buy it because the seconds hand isn't attached at the same spot as the hour and minute hands.

Just psychological I guess. I want to see one of those hands at the same attachment point, move.

4. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I hate non-stainless steel. I will not buy a knife that has a blade which will patina/rust/discolor/ get cancer.

5. grrradical

grrradical Loaded Pockets

I mostly feel that way about multi-tools. Just as a relevant example, Leatherman is coming out with the REBAR soon and the one thing that might hold me back from scooping one up is the lack of scissors. It would be perfect otherwise!

6. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

shipping costs.

7. Six String

Six String Loaded Pockets

8. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

+1 to Bloke and Six String

9. Darth_Firebolt

Darth_Firebolt Loaded Pockets

rising tuition. :[

10. Garland

Garland Loaded Pockets

+1 for me. I have started to purchase many items from different retailers online, only to find shipping exhorbinant. I feel like if they are ripping me off on shipping that they are not people to whom I want to give my money.

11. CheepSteal

CheepSteal Loaded Pockets

Definitely shipping costs. To buy a HDS light direct from HDS Systems costs $40 postage to Australia; the light costs $99...
    I'd rather pay a premium elsewhere for the light and not pay as much shipping. Not sure why but it just bugs me.

12. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Knife: Looks/Size/Blade Style/Price

Light: NO PWM!

Pen: Must be ball point or rollerball!

13. DontTreadOnI

DontTreadOnI Empty Pockets

Bad reviews, through and through. Good reviews must be thorough and well written, I will often times ignore bad reviews though if the person writing them seems like they could barely spell their own name let alone figure out a gadget I'd be ordering.

14. HybridMomentsPass

Yep.
    So many times I've wanted to order from places (CC for example) and think, "dang, why am I going to buy something(s) for ten bucks and pay equal shipping?"
    Its a ripoff. I know how much it costs to ship things as I do it very often, so I refuse to pay 7 bucks shipping on a widgy bar or something.

And before anyone starts on this "well they got to pay their employees" etc - then how do some places do it? Like recently I, as well as many on here, bought energizer chargers for 3.99 no tax, no shipping.
    Open your eyes, many of these places are ripping us/you off.

15. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

For me lately it's been places that let you order stuff on "back order" or when things are not otherwise in stock. I know that most of these companies will ship my items as soon as they can. But the potential for a customer service problem makes me look elsewhere. I am like a magnet for problems sometimes, I need to be extra careful lol

16. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I am left handed and will usually not buy folding knives unless they be configured for left pocket carry and left hand opening. That rules out most Kershaws, CRKTs, and many otherwise attractive knives.

17. invisiblejules

invisiblejules Loaded Pockets

Sometimes I want something but just plain can't convince myself that I need it enough to get it, try as I might. Often times, while I know something is fairly priced, it's just not worth that price to me.

18. Eciton

Eciton Loaded Pockets

Locking blades. :censored: UK laws :(

19. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

With watches, buying online (only from a very reputable dealer, not individuals) is a great way to save money.

Sure, there's the shipping cost. But no sales tax. I'd rather pay shipping than sales tax on a watch worth a couple of grand or more.

20. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

It varies with me, depending on what the item is, if I get the item cheap enough---I don't mind paying shipping. A lot of times I will buy books online, and I wind up paying more for shipping than I did for the book itself.

I have also been known to pay more than it is worth for something, because I want it. Example: I just bought a patch on the bay for $15.50 +shipping.

As a rule, once I decide that I want something, I have no issue with it.