1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Thanks, Carhartt!

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Blackheart, May 24, 2016.

1. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

Most of what I wear, weekdays and weekends, is Carhartt. Their shirts and pants wear pretty well, are comfortable, and fit me.

For a while now, they've been branching out with new styles, colors, and whole new lines (latest is Carhartt-for-your-Dog :( ). I sometimes worry that they're going to go the way of Levi Strauss (don't get me started).

Last fall, I picked up a new shirt-jacket (over-sized flannel-lined shirt). One of the front snaps was difficult to unsnap and I knew something would give eventually. A few weeks ago, that snap broke.

Trying to match that snap (with their logo) was going to be difficult, so I get on the phone to Carhartt and describe the problem. The nice young man that I spoke with asked for the model number and took my name and address. About a week later, I received a package of snaps, both genders, enough to redo the whole shirt.

I think I'll be buying more Carhartt stuff in the foreseeable future.

chaosmagnet, AlgoOPC and F-Bobby like this.
  2. Brianmcg321

Brianmcg321 Empty Pockets

I bought my first pairs of Carhartt pants about 3 months ago and I pretty much don't wear anything else now. I just love the Carhartt brown in their work dungaree. Lots of great pockets to put stuff without looking like cargo pants.

Blackheart likes this.
  3. Schaferhund

Schaferhund Loaded Pockets

About 70% of my clothing us Carhartt. Apart from the quality, most of their stuff seems like it was cut just to fit me, even if I do have to go a size smaller than I do in other brands.

I've got double front loggers in denim and canvas, some of which are 6-7 years old and still in rotation. My 3-in-1 parka is indispensable to me in winter.

Blackheart likes this.
  4. TOPOS

TOPOS Loaded Pockets

i wear only carhartt pants and mostly carhartt shirts, and most of the people i hang out with wear them too. they're the best clothes ive bought and last for a danm long time.

Blackheart likes this.
  5. Brianmcg321

Brianmcg321 Empty Pockets

Another plus about Carhartt is the only place that sells them around me is the Tractor Supply Store. There's just something about being able to get all your clothes at the Tractor Supply Store and not having to step foot in a mall.

uncleben03 and Blackheart like this.
  6. FuzzyDunlop82

FuzzyDunlop82 Loaded Pockets

Carhartt is more of a fashion brand here in the UK, but their clothes are still top quality and I wear an awful lot of their gear.

They have a nice cut, the material quality is excellent and it lasts.

Blackheart likes this.
  7. Gabbe

Gabbe Empty Pockets

Love 'em. Bought a pair of doublelayered front workpants when I was stateside a couple of weeks ago along with a signature brown jacket. I'm almost looking forward to fall so I can get some use out of tthem. Only regret is that I didnt buy an extra pair of denim blue pants, got the greenish/gray, which are a nice color, just would've been nice to have extras.

Blackheart likes this.
  8. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

I have a lot of Carhartt. I have a medium weight and heavy weight coat, several long sleeved henley style shirts, a few button up work shirts, hats, watch cap. They're decent quality, last for years and I'm a big guy, but they have sizes that fit me comfortably. I've not gotten any of their pants yet, but plan to soon. I've been trying to wear out a pair or two of my tru spec cargos first.

9. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

Carhartt is all I wear, heck 80% of the folks here where I live wear the same :D

10. Rebel

Rebel Loaded Pockets

I've used their stuff for decades. Good stuff.