1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Thanks AT&T

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Peruvianmagic, May 12, 2012.

1. Peruvianmagic

Peruvianmagic Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Anyone got this? This is what happens when AT&T regrets that they gave you an Unlimited plan.

2. IMWILSON
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON EDC Wizard

I don't have AT&T wireless, but most providers do something like this. Seems the new 4G speeds really let you burn through your monthly GB allowance. One option in the future is to set your phone to 3G if possible.

3. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

>_< I've only got the 200mb plan.

4. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

I turn on my wifi a lot and don't usually come anywhere near my cap. Nice to know I have the extra space though. What to you do that uses so much data?

5. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

I've kept my unlimited plan since I bought the original iPhone. I do try to use WiFi when possible, mostly just for the speed, so I haven't seen that message yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, though.

6. Peruvianmagic

I was trying to figure it out and then I realized way it was. In the spirit of loving tv and movies but wanting to workout, I watch Netflix on my phone while I cardio at the gym. My gym used to let me use their wifi and they don't anymore. Take that multitasker! Also us top users aren't hurting their network as one of the options they suggested for me to keep my speed was "go on a tiered plan and pay for it". A study was done that shows that people who aren't on the unlimited plan still use close to the same data...they just pay more to do it.

7. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

only fair that the bandwidth hogs pay more...pay to play

8. Peruvianmagic

I have have been paying for the last 4 years when I opted for an UNLIMITED plan. And obviously "hogging" their system does not hurt them much if they can allow my "hogging" for more money which I shouldnt have to pay since im already on an UNLIMITED plan.

9. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

yeah "unlimited" is misleading to say the least. The problem is that the cell companies for the most part have not brought their infrastructure up to support the new technology. Same goes for the net in many places. I remember hearing that netflixs was causing huge problems in parts of Canada because it was drawing some much bandwidth.

10. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

ATT is also being the harderst to convince that we are not a spam server.

11. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've never been served spam here, not even once. I hear it can be good for BOBs though

SAKplumber likes this.
  12. Peruvianmagic

EDC vs. AT&T lets do this!

13. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

Your plan may give you unlimited data but it probably doesn't say at what speed. Throttling is pretty common practice unfortunately.

14. herosemblem

herosemblem Loaded Pockets

Hmmm... I seem to remember hearing something in the news within the past couple months or so RE: a court ruling that "unlimited" in cellular plans must actually mean unlimited. I don't know; I'm sure someone can locate the story and the details.

15. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

16. herosemblem

herosemblem Loaded Pockets

Thanks, Soulriot :).

17. AirMech74

AirMech74 Loaded Pockets

I'm with AT&T.....I've got to ask, how much do you use your phone to reach that limit?....I use mine A LOT, and i've never received that message...I've got the 4GB plan for my Skyrocket.

18. Peruvianmagic

I believe it's from streaming Netflix at my gym while I'm on the cardio machines. I hear 3gb is like 10 hours of streaming and I go to the gym 3 to 6 times a week and I'll hit up the cardio machines for 30mins to an hour each time.

19. ThreeWulfMoon

ThreeWulfMoon Loaded Pockets

I've had it with AT&T's hypocrisy. I did away with my smartphone and went back to an unlocked messaging phone that doesn't require data. The carriers can change the terms of service at anytime without me being able to do anything about it. I was grandfathered into an unlimited smartphone data package. There was no asterisk in the agreement I signed that said "throttled speeds after 3 GB of usage." That's something they cooked up after they realized that there was no way they could provide bandwith to all of the smartphone users who were required to take data packages. Cellphone carriers need to either make unlimited mean unlimited or they need to drop the mandatory requirement for all smartphones to have data packages and let user use wi-fi to access data. I would say that AT&T needs to be subject to a class action lawsuit, but they force customers into binding arbitration as part of their user agreement. Danged if you, danged if you don't...

Peruvianmagic likes this.
  20. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

I'd just prefer a good dumb phone with no data usage but not much out there anymore. Thats why I'll keep my old Nokia till it dies.