1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tell Us About Your Name

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by pipedreams, May 1, 2006.

1. Firegator9

Firegator9 Loaded Pockets

Firefighter-Florida Gators- favorite # is 9
    Firegator9

2. Polygeist

Polygeist Loaded Pockets

My screen name comes from my days of online roleplaying. I was involved in an RP group that was based around Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. One of my characters was a mutant who had the ability to duplicate himself into flesh-and-blood clones. Another of mine was the ghost of a young girl who had died in a farming accident. (She was definitely my favorite. She later got resurrected by another character who had ties to the underworld. Playing a girl readapting to moving a carnal body was too much fun.) So, I devised a screen name based on these two characters to use in the RP group.

"Polygeist" is a portmanteau of "poltergeist" (meaning a mischievous ghost) and the Greek root "poly" (meaning "many"). I like the name so much, I've used it for most of my online screen names since.

Sketch of Novak Newman, the duplicator
    [​IMG]

Sketch and painting of Catherine Airlia

[​IMG][​IMG]

(Click for bigger)

3. Phlebas

Phlebas Loaded Pockets

Studied English Lit in college and was on a path to become a professor for a while. Life took me in another direction, though, so that didn't work out. One one of my favorite poems is TS Eliot's "The Waste Land" which has a section about a character called "Phlebas the Phoenician." I just love the sound of that name, and Phlebas has a nice ring to it. Heck, you can't stay mad at a "Phlebas" :)

4. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

In Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Ron prank calls Veronica pretending to be a doctor with her pregnancy results. When she asks for his name, he responds "Dr. Chim...Dr. Chim Richalds."

5. luckyadjustments

luckyadjustments Loaded Pockets

Professor gave me the name lucky in college because I have bad luck. And I'm a chiropractor. We perform adjustments. HEnce lucky adjustments.

6. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

I played prince of Persia a lot in the past.One day I became interested of the kings that ruled Persia and remembered Artaxerxes, son of Xerxes, the great Persian ruler who attacked the Greeks at Salamis and lost (but otherwise was a feared leader and made many conquests).I like how it sounded (also like the Hebrew version-Ahashverosh, as he was known in the Bible), so I figured why not ?

7. homebrw

homebrw Loaded Pockets

Mine comes from when I first started Homebrewing beer when I first got out of college in 91. I guess it was fairly rare back then to know someone who made their own beer (it's commonplace now. I have 4 neighbors in a small neighborhood who brew). My friends started calling me 'homebrew' not just for the beer making, but because I was always Modding or making something.
    Chris

8. Bullitt3401

Bullitt3401 Loaded Pockets

It's the build number on my '01 Bullitt Mustang GT. (3,401 of 5,582 made)

9. tattoosteve99
    • In Omnia Paratus

tattoosteve99 EDC Junkie!!!

Mines easy. My name is Steven and yes I have lots of tattoos. The 99 part came when I got my first email. Tattoosteve 1-98 was taken so I got tattoosteve99. Lol

10. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice ride!!

11. Jakala

Jakala Loaded Pockets

Jakala is the "Dutchification" of Jacala, the crocodile from "the junglebook" by Rudyard Kipling

And yes, I teach kids how to set fire to their house, Tie-up the girl-next-door, and cut down your neighbours favorite tree.....

12. Krustofski

Krustofski Loaded Pockets

Sounds like fun.

As for my name, my favourite cartoon character is

[​IMG]

Krusty the Clown, a.k.a. Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski.
    My father's last name is almost exactly the same, hence I use this name on the internet. (I bear my mother's surname, because of stupid Czechoslovakian-EastGerman-WestGerman diplomatic troubles about my father's and my citizenship.)

13. hafpit

hafpit Loaded Pockets

Like Cobra4246, my screen name is canine inspired. Our dog is a pitbull mix.

14. bushidomosquito

bushidomosquito Removed from forum.

When I was starting Aikido I was getting thrown around a lot. I realized that I was learning more from getting thrown than from throwing others so I always volunteered to hit the mat. We would do this thing where we would surround the instructor and come at him one at a time and he would effortlessly and repeatedly put us on the mat. The others would have enough and sit out eventually but I really liked rolling across that mat and I was getting the subtle nuances of the throws that way so I just kept coming back at him like a kid going down a slide over and over. Eventually it got to the point where he had to tell me to stop because he wanted to move on to something else and he said that I was like a mosquito, no matter how many times he swatted me away I kept coming back. Somebody else said, "He's the Aikidomosquito!" and everybody laughed but the name stuck.

Many years later I was much more into kendo and all things Japanese blades and I went to sign onto my first forum so I googled my old nickname but it was the name of a short story so I tried Bushidomosquito and there was nothing so now it's all mine.

15. rockingthe2

rockingthe2 Loaded Pockets

rockingthe2 is in reference to my old car, a Toyota MR2. Not much, but I love MR2's. People refer to them as Mr. two or just the 2, so rocking the 2 shortened for internet use. Simple.

16. A.D.D.i.c.t.

A.D.D.i.c.t. Loaded Pockets

My user name is sourced from my inner struggles. Those being that I fight with an addictive personality and that I live with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (a.d.d.) unmedicated on a daily basis. Certainly manageable, but still a part of my life that is different from others and that affects me in some way or another. Creating a username that highlights both of these helps me to stay focused on doing what I need to do instead of letting my impulses get carried away with themselves. A little strange I know, but this username really describes my personality and that is why I chose it.

17. photoboy2005

photoboy2005 Loaded Pockets

they aint nothin like some good ole' carolina grits

18. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

If all that is true. You need to log off and never return. ;)

19. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Not too imaginative I know, but I'm married to a famous guy, so anonymity is impossible, so might as well not try.

20. srm450v2

srm450v2 Empty Pockets

It's a loudspeaker made by Mackie. They're cheap but work well and I'm rather fond of them due to it being the first system I ever mixed on back in middle school.