1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Techiebags.com reviews (latest: Jeroboam, Methuselah, Balthazar gear bags)

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Splusmer, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Exmasonite

Exmasonite Loaded Pockets

Re: Kodiak and Sitka Gearslingers Side-by-Side

balog-

I wonder if a lefty version (S-type) of the Sitka (smaller bag) would help... you could tighten the strap enough so that it rides more to your left and keep the pistol access free.

Now we just need maxped to make one.

2. johnsoax

johnsoax Empty Pockets

One thing that helped me out when I was taking web development classes was the professor to point out that you should program every page to be read on a machine 800 wide.

3. JPTP

JPTP Empty Pockets

I have had no problems with the strap getting caught on my side arm.

4. Exmasonite

Exmasonite Loaded Pockets

i think it's less the strap and more the bag itself for anybody who carries behind 3:00

5. Balog

Balog Loaded Pockets

Splusmer: I need to scroll to see the full width of every page, but the text overlap becomes an issue starting on page 2.

Jptp: do you carry behind the hip? Maybe my holster just isn't doing it's job to pull the butt into my back, but it's very noticeable with a standard backpack.

6. JPTP

JPTP Empty Pockets

At work I carry at 3 off the clock I carry at 4. I rode the bus with my G 17 at 4 IWB and the pack slung in front with no issues. Funny I can't drive because of a messed up shoulder but still required to carry. Just so you get the whole height thing down I'm 6' and 190 lbs. I'm not a huge guy but I qualify as athletic. I have walked several mile in this pack and had to bus it quite a bit. I have an additional firearm in the main ccw part of the Kodiak. I have the ccw part set up left handed. I can't say anything bad about it. My Dr even approves of it and is considering one for himself. The selling point was the extra strap, because it takes a bunch of the weight off the left shoulder. He is maybe 5'7' and 160lbs could get to his sidearm as well.

7. Jiman

Jiman Empty Pockets

Thats it for me anyway. The area where the strap and PALS/MOLLE webbing starts is where the butt of my G22 can get caught. I say "can" even though it has happened to me yet. My issue is exacerbated by the fact that I keep the Volt case attached to that same area.

I hate to say it but I think its a question of individual proportions and size. Everyone is build differently, and how one adjusts the pack to fit is going to determine where certain parts of the pack contact the body. In addition to all that are the hundreds of carry options :brickwall:

I get it, I'm the dumba$$...I knew I misread your comment. After I read it another time I got what you meant by "may pull the trigger".

Keep your head down, Ji

8. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

Pocket Organzier Comparison

I've just posted a short pocket organizer comparison on my site. Here's one image from the article:

[img width=640 height=354]http://www.techiebags.com/images/stories/reviews/multiple/pockets/pockets_comp_front_1.jpg[/img]

9. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

Re: *ARRIVED* Foliage Maxpedition EDC organizer...UPDATE - MORE PICS

Here's a short comparison I just posted that includes the Maxpedition E.D.C. Organizer. I plan to do a more specific review of the Maxpedition model after I've played around with it some more.

10. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Re: Pocket Organzier Comparison

Thanks for the comparisons.

Looks like the MaxPed guys spent some time thinking about EDC judging how the Swisstool is able to fit into the elastic loops. The double layer of elastic is a great idea, allows you to hold more. BTW how do you like the notebook cover?

Got the Condor organizer and most the the time it sits in my pack. Does what it was designed for, holding pens etc. Wouldn't really EDC it in my pockets as its a bit large for most cargo pants. Also about the clip being on the outside, both clips in mines are on the inside.

I liked the comparison shot between the pocket organizers and the notebook cover.

11. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

I like the notebook cover--I've had it EDC every work day for several weeks now (especially on the days when I wear my cargo pants, which is most days). I did a write-up on it a bit ago: 4x6 Notebook Cover.

12. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the link.

13. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

Shotgun Ammo Pouch as a mini-gadget holder/organizer

I just posted another article (getting a lot of small stuff written up tonight) on adapting Maxpedition's 12 Rnd Shotgun Ammo Pouch as a mini-gadget holder/organizer.

Here's a pic from the article:
    [img width=640 height=426]http://www.techiebags.com/images/stories/reviews/maxpedition/shotgun_shell_case_pics/shotgun_contents.jpg[/img]

14. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

Re: Shotgun Ammo Pouch as a mini-gadget holder/organizer

Wow, look like a pretty good way to organize & carry all the small key chain type goodies.

15. balldboy

balldboy Loaded Pockets

I keep an H&R Topper single shot 12ga. with an Uncle Mikes 5 shell holder in our work truck.

I could carry some possibles and another 6 rounds of ammo in that pouch.

Have you considered adding a candle?

Much Thanx,
    Pete

16. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

You know, a candle is a great idea... at one point I think I already had a box of matches in there, and a candle would only fit along with that. Hmm... and maybe a fire starter of some other kind. Flat compass would also fit between the gadgets, not that I have much use for such in my own daily use.

17. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

Individual First Aid Pouch

I debated on whether to post this here where I usually "hang out" or over in the "First Aid Station" area, but I decided since I focused as much on non-FAK uses as FAK uses, I'd go ahead and post here. Anyway, I just put up another short article, this one on Maxpedition's "Individual First Aid Pouch".

[​IMG]

18. Nater

Nater Loaded Pockets

Yeah thats pretty neat.. oh hell.. I just say it.. RAD! O0

19. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Re: Individual First Aid Pouch

Would you mind listing the contents of the pouch? Looks like it can hold a lot in such a small pouch.

20. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

Re: Individual First Aid Pouch

I haven't tried stuffing mine with much yet. Like I mentioned in the article, it held a standard-sized paperback (about 350 pages) with room to spare. I'll try to see what it can hold in terms of First Aid supplies.