1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Targus Military?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Aonghus, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Aonghus

Aonghus Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have this pack? Targus Military

I've had pretty good luck with Targus bags. I had a briefcase from them for a couple of years and currently carry one of thier backs on a daily basis. I now want something a little larger for EDC / GHB use. This pack may be it, but I'm interested in any reviews anyone has on it.

2. jma78

jma78 Loaded Pockets

Clever... They add a 3x4 Pals matrix into it, and call it "military", thus attracting certain type of customers.. No mention about the materials used, either.

3. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Appears to be a messenger bag version as well

4. Aonghus

Aonghus Loaded Pockets

Yeah, the PALS doesn't really make it military, but I have to say, I've been very happy with the Targus bag I now own. I've had it for about 4 years now and have carried it daily during that time (minus a breif time I used a wheeled breifcase...didn't like that and went back to the Targus pack). It's held up pretty well. I would just like to move up to something a big bigger so I can stop carrying two bags every day.

5. Goliath

Goliath Loaded Pockets

It's way more efficient and inconspicuous to get a normal backpack and a seperate laptop sleeve. That way, people won't assume you're carrying an expensive laptop.
    Also, it's easier to use the bag for other purposes.

6. Eric

Eric Empty Pockets

While I don't have experience with that bag I have sold targus accessories and they are good stuff.

7. RvdH

RvdH Empty Pockets

Targus has some good stuff, my laptop travels in one nowadays. However the Military aspect is in this case somewhat exaggerated, add some MOLLE/PALS et voila...

8. Aonghus

Aonghus Loaded Pockets

I guess I should have stated my intent a little better. I wanted to see if anyone had a review of this pack…I’m not sold on it either and I wanted to see if anyone had any firsthand experience. :)

I don’t want it because of the PALS or because it’s “military” (which, really, it isn’t). I’m considering it because I’d like a pack that can hold all the stuff I want it to hold and I’ve had past experience with Targus packs…the EDC pack I have now is a Targus and I’ve had it for four years with no complaints. My current pack IS looking a little ragged at this point though and I’m looking for a new one. The PALS on this pack will never be used. The webbing is not in a place that would be useful to me. What I wanted to know about the pack is its overall size, how it’s divided internally, and how much MORE stuff I can cram into it after I put a computer and a text book or two into it.

I have other packs for other things, so this will not be my be-all-end-all pack. I also own a hiking pack (or 3) and a couple of tactical packs and use them for those purposes (well, I don’t use the ALICE and the Assault pack anymore for their purposes; I’m no longer a guard member). What I would like now is a new EDC / GHB capable pack that I can carry daily and shove stuff in from my car in case of an emergency or break down.
    I am now an off campus grad student with a full time job. I work long days and pair that with some long nights in the library or away from home. I’d like a pack that can carry all my daily stuff which generally includes a computer (and cables/cords/storage media), a few books (school) and a few files (work) + what I need in a day, like a lunch, water and snacks, a FAK, a jacket and my CCW.

I’m also looking at some Maxped packs, but I’d like a bigger group of choices before I buy a new one…so I’ve been doing my research online and here to see what else is out there. So, that being said, has anyone handled the Targus Military or does anyone actually own one :).

9. SemperFly

SemperFly Loaded Pockets

Honestly, if I see someone carrying a backpack I always assume there's a laptop in there. And I'd bet 3/4 of the time I would be right. :p