1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tangram knives

Discussion in 'Knives' started by willb00023, Sep 8, 2018.

1. willb00023

willb00023 Loaded Pockets

Im thinking of giving a few of the kizer tangram line of knives a shot dose anyone have them and what are your thoughts and opinions. Are they bathed in loctite or can you actually take them apart to clean them? Do the pocket clips actually come off to swap them?

2. Linejudgemick

Linejudgemick Loaded Pockets

I have a Kizer Kyre and a Guru. Both are among the favorites in my collection. They're smooth, lock up tightly, have no blade play and have good overall fit and finish. You can take them apart, at least I could mine. I haven't attempted to switch the pocket clip on the Kyre and the Guru only has one position so I can't answer that question. I watched some YouTube reviews of Tangrams with interest. However the 9CR13MOV steel while supposedly much better than the 8CR gives me pause. My Kyre has VG-10 and the Guru has S35VN and I so dislike 8CR13MOV that I'm not willing to take a chance on it yet. Especially when there are other "budget" knives that use D2, or other better known (at least for now) steels. If the 9CR ends up being an adequate steel, my experience with Kizer products is positive and I expect the Tangrams will be built well too. Personally I would just want to be sure I was happy with the materials used. Hope this helps even though not specific to the Tangrams.

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Several of my favorite reviewers on YouTube consistently give Kizer good marks. Which is probably why I've acquired quite a few! :).

No Tangrams - yet! Kind of had to slow down on adding to the collection....

FWIW, I usually pay attention to Nick Shabazz, BirdShot IV, and Zelrick as my top 3.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. Linejudgemick

Linejudgemick Loaded Pockets

I must watch too many video reviews (many from the above mentioned)... I believe I made a mistake here. I think the Kizer Tangrams actually use Acuto 440 and the new CIVIVI brand made by WE Knives use the 9CR13MOV. It would still be a case study in materials, but I believe the Acuto has been out a while and has more track record. Sorry for the mis-information.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets