1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Take a Couple/Leave a Couple" Passaround Box, Vol. 3.0

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by _mg_, Mar 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

Ack!

Something got kerfuffled. I thought i sent out a message a few days ago (maybe I forgot to hit send?) with an update.

The box is on its way to Cannoball, and should be there by Tuesday or Wednesday . I will try and get pictures up tomorrow.

Batsy likes this.
  2. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Relax guys.. :censored: happens.. No big deal.. This is one of the reasons I got fed up doing the box.. If someone was a little bit over the time allotted I would see messages like this and pm's constantly.. I could understand if it was the next guy in line wondering because of their schedule but I would get constant random "where is the box" even if they weren't on the list.. To the point of harassment.. People have real lives and sometimes things happen, don't go all ballastic with the "OMG is the box dead" give it a break... You'll make _mg_ a little less stressed..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

For what it's worth, I've been doing the passaround box for several years now, and have always made sure to send it on. :angel: But on the other hand, I do understand the concern for those who are expecting the box. By way of apology, Here are my pictures:

[​IMG]

My Take:
    Keyrings
    Sticker
    Mini Grappling Hook
    HigoNoKami knife
    Keychain with clips
    Cold Steel Triple Action Folder

What can I say? I am a sucker for weird knives. The CS triple action is as funky as they come. The Higo is also a nice little blade of an unusual style. I have no idea what I'm going to do with a mini grappling hook, but I think it may come in handy on my day job.

[​IMG]

Girlfriend's take:
    M-tech Neck Knife
    Swisscard
    Survival Whistle
    :censored: Sticker

Girlfriend liked the feel of the M-Tech neck knife. She also liked the Swisscard as a sewing kit set. The whistle is for camping.
    NOTE: Girlfriend put some unusual things in the box.

[​IMG]

Brother's Take
    Sunglasses bag
    Swiss Army Knife (2 blades)
    Buck 285
    Bangkok Key
    Leatherman WAVE lanyard hole

My brother likes the Bucklite series, and thought the 285 was a decent pick. He also went for the little Wenger SAK as a keychain knife. The sunglasses bag will come in handy for his reading glasses, and i have no idea what he's going to do with the keychain tool.

Gunsmoke609 and Gary Gross like this.
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball Loaded Pockets

I received the box and will be looking through it today. Thanks!

Gunsmoke609 likes this.
  5. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

Triple action folder and mini grapple from me.
    I used the grapple at work to snag cat6 wire in rafters. Also, the individual tines i used to unlock doors (them weak little inside doors)..
    Triple action folder was in rotation for more than 8 years. I love the sound it makes when it's flipped open.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Journo likes this.
  6. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

Glad you got the box safely!

Yes, the shlickety-shlack of the Triple Action is quite satisfying. I'm getting pretty good at opening it, but closing it is much harder. I haven't quite gotten to the point where I can reliably do it.

As far as the grapple goes, I do low voltage wiring and have to fish things out of tight places on a regular basis. Something like that could be quite useful in grabbing things which is why I picked it.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Loaded Pockets

8. Gunsmoke609

Gunsmoke609 Loaded Pockets

9. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

The sunglasses bag and the Monarchs cards are from me. If you ever seen the movies "Now you see me," the Monarchs are the cards used throughout. Except for the Ace scene in the 2nd one.

Cervantes and Cannonball like this.
  10. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

The Case red teardrop knife is from me. It's new in box. It hadn't made my carry rotation yet.

Just FYI, it's Chrome Vanadium steel. It will take and hold and edge very well, but it needs a little oil on the blades to protect it from rust spots (the salt in your sweat is an oxidizer). The spots won't really hurt it but it can be a surprise if you're used to stainless steel. Over time, it will develop a lovely patina from being carried. A thin coat of oil makes that patina nice and even.

#110 Slipjoint, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Cervantes and Cannonball like this.
  11. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

All right, y'all. The box is back with me and we are starting over. The box is a large one, so I need to whittle it down to a medium. I may even create a second one. Let me know your creative thoughts on that. For example, I thought of putting firearm related stuff in a separate box. Virtually everything else is universally interesting to the EDC community, but only a subset of our members would be interested in scopes and gun cleaning kits -- and while they seem of good quality, they are heavy and take up space.

Let me know your thoughts. Once we figure that out, I'll open up the new sign up.

12. Midnight

Midnight Loaded Pockets

I’d be interested in a firearms related one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cervantes and Gary Gross like this.
  13. Gunsmoke609

Gunsmoke609 Loaded Pockets

I want to thank all of our participants, especially_mg_ for administrating ! It is always a treat to wait my turn and then the excitement of rummaging through all the treasures! Thanks again!

Cervantes, Rivmage and Gary Gross like this.
  14. aasoverteakettle

aasoverteakettle Loaded Pockets

I’ll second this. Thanks @_mg_! Looking forward to next round.

Cervantes likes this.
  15. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

Yes, this was a well done passaround! Glad to have participated and can't wait for the next round!

16. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

Just a quick update. I'm sitting on the box (no not literally) for a bit to let it ferment -- need to allow some time for folks to buy more stuff they don't really want to trade it for other stuff they don't really want. ;-) Also I've got a lot going on at the moment.
    So I'm in no hurry to kick it back up again, but if you're all dying and desperate to getting going ASAP let me know.

Zargon and aasoverteakettle like this.
  17. Zargon

Zargon Loaded Pockets

While I am in no urgent rush for you to start the new box, i'd love to participate this time around but will be flying back to England to continue studies in September. Any chance it could start the rounds before then?

Obviously no worries if not, and thank you for taking it on!

18. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

Several things....

1.) I would like to be included on the next round.
    2.) The list was fairly short vs some on the volume 2 list. If the new list is twice as long with attendees, send it out now. Otherwise, I'm okay with waiting for awhile. A few weeks or so at most. I feel it should be out before September. We want to keep some excitement and anticipation for the next round. If we gotta wait several months before the box goes out, folks will lose interests.

Zargon likes this.
  19. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I’d like to be added to the list - Mrs Fox says I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of...:rolleyes_revamped:

20. Thesteve_global

Thesteve_global Loaded Pockets

I was thinking of signing up for the box again, instead this time I would like to hand deliver to the next person on the list, I figure anyone within an 8 hour drive from Las Vegas, Nevada would be acceptable. Anyone interested?