1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Take a Couple/Leave a Couple" Passaround Box, Vol. 2

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by mooshi, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gambit88
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gambit88 Loaded Pockets

I've slooowly been gathering extra little things to put in the box when it gets to me. I don't have much of an EDC collection now, but I'm hoping to have a few pieces to spare by the time I get the box. I'm planning ahead!!

scbubba likes this.
  2. Zargon

Zargon Loaded Pockets

No problem ;)

3. Fucifino
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fucifino Loaded Pockets

I would love to get on either (or both) lists! I know it will be while before I see a box, but that is good. It will give a chance to stash some goodies and cash for shipping. Did I read correctly that the US boxes and the Canadian one are now seperated?

mooshi likes this.
  4. GrayMouser

GrayMouser EDC Junkie!!!!!

Mooshi, I would like to be in for both boxes. If I may?

mooshi likes this.
  5. trickcarey

trickcarey EDC Junkie!!!!!

Whats the deal Mod-u-Lar? You got the box??

6. sbakker
    • In Omnia Paratus

sbakker Loaded Pockets

This is a really neat idea! We geocache a lot with our kids, and this is sort of like that (well, without my trusty GPS anyway). I would like to be on the list, thanks!

Edit: I'll clarify a few things. List B please... It's shorter! Also, I have Canadian and Us shipping addresses so whomever ships to me, please let me know where you're shipping from and I'll send the appropriate addy.

Last edited by sbakker, May 25, 2013
    mooshi likes this.
  7. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

He did have it. I got a message from him, It should get to my house Tuesday. With any kind of luck at all I should be able to send it out again NLT Thursday AM.

mooshi, kertap75 and trickcunningham like this.
  8. Omega Man
    • In Omnia Paratus

Omega Man Loaded Pockets

May I get back on Box A, list 2 please? I'll need some time to gather more cool stuff.

mooshi likes this.
  9. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Well, we have hit a snag which I think we should discuss. I received box A, and the sum total value of the items in it totals less than the ~ $15 cost of shipping. I DO NOT think this is indicative of most members here. However, in the Secret Santa Exchange, for example, I think virtually everyone went out of their way to make certain to put well over the minimum value into each gift. In this one, with total anonymity, it would appear that almost everyone put back something of low value, e.g. an empty Altoids box or a paracord something-er-other, zipper-pulley sort of thing. (There are tons of those.) So I have a couple of ideas to bounce off of you. 1. We could put the very best items into the Supporter badge GAW. Or 2. We could put everything up for grabs on BST with all proceeds going to EDCF. First offer wins, minimum bid = bidder pays postage. This second option woul;d require a good amount of photography on my part, but what the heck. Te alternative , of course, is for the remaining recipients to put in a total of ~ $155 to keep shipping around a box of crap. I would especially like to hear from those on the list after myself as they will be affected by the outcome. Better ideas are appreciated as well.

voxelpete likes this.
  10. voxelpete

voxelpete Banned

Well, that's a little dissapointing. Just auction the box off and start over, filling the new box with the auction money, but with edc stuff.

Sent from Pete

mooshi likes this.
  11. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

Don't know what to say about that. I have a really nice gem to put in when it gets to me (box b) and a few good items that don't cost much but. Am sure someone will appreciate. (Think necker) :)

12. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

+1. I don't see why we should have to start over completely. There's no reason to.
    1. Put all the best stuff in the new box and continue, disregarding the ones of "lesser value."
    2. Auction it off and put the proceeds toward new goodies for the box.

Badger375 likes this.
  13. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

I suggest we wait on Mooshi to make any decisions since its her baby, but I do know that with it being cut in half made the value go down. Me personally I put in more value than I took, and was disappointed with seeing broken items. I would have taken them out myself, but since Mooshi was next I left it up to her. To just up and stop this project would be a disappointment to many people and we need to step our game up. Also I'd hate to think this, but I hope people aren't just taking without putting back.

Badger375 and SAKplumber like this.
  14. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I'll be honest and say that I was disappointed upon receipt. I divied up things as best I could between the two boxes and took out all of the broken ones. I took a few items and I tossed in a few. Little did I know that the next people up on each list took my items right away. They were like $15.00 knives and a few trinkets, but to know that they were taken right away as opposed to whatever else was in the box speaks volumes.

I know that on my own I cannot restock the box with a great deal of items, but I'll take a stab at it if Tower will to ship it back to me. I'll sort through everything again and go on a mini shopping spree.

I also want to add another element to it as well. Since we're working with a larger box, now. I'd like to toss in a notebook/sketchbook so that we could have a travelling notebook for each member to write in a message/doodle.

Mighty Max, scbubba and Myth90045 like this.
  15. Mighty Max
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mighty Max Loaded Pockets

I'm not in, but I'll pitch in for some goodies.

mooshi and kertap75 like this.
  16. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

Mooshi take me off both lists but pm me your address so i can send a couple good things you can throw in the box.

mooshi, Mighty Max and kertap75 like this.
  17. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm a little disappointed that the box has degenerated:(. Personally, the appeal of the box was mostly the small interesting things. Mini magnets, glow inserts from tec fobs etc. but it was nice to know there was items of value in the box also. Please, if you are going to contribute to the box, please play fair.

That being said, I think the vast majority of those who have contributed have been wonderful. I've seen some neat stuff come out of the box. The simple fact that it hasn't disappeared speaks volumes about the members of this community.

Mighty Max and Fucifino like this.
  18. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I'll reply to some of these posts when I get the chance.

I just wanted to say that the items I personally appreciated most were the more sentimental ones. Defuse Kit added small toys. Another member had some patches that I enjoyed.

While we did try to place a monetary value on things to keep the playing field fair, the other aspect of "putting yourself" in there was the best part for me.

One more thing is that a well loved piece of gear is much different than a broken one.

I also asked that you're aware of what you're putting in there due to state and local laws. I got automatic knives in there which is illegal here in CA. I was concerned about the filled lighters as well. I took those out for myself since I didn't have the time to empty them and toss it back in. Then I found out one was broken anyway.

I'm leaving this project up to you all as to if you want to continue. If it means restocking the box then I'll take that upon myself to do as it is my project. But if it goes down the crapper again, I'm unsure what I'd do at that point. I'd love for this to be an ongoing project. But it seems that some members are getting gipped and that is unfair.

I've seen some very nice things pulled out if the box though. That PocketRef one might just be my favorite. ;)

I think it's just a matter of starting fresh, perhaps. From what I've been told its accumulated again with more broken items, paracord bracelets and fobs, tins, and stuff that generally everybody has. Those items are fine. It's just that they have accumulated to the point where there's not much else to choose from. Granted, I don't have the box in front of me to see what's its become, that's just the majority f the comments I've gotten from those who have received the box.

scbubba likes this.
  19. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

NOTE: Everything I have discussed applies to box A only. I have no idea how box B is doing.

Well, moosh, I think it entirely unfair for you to keep restocking the box out of your own pocket. You have already done that and, after all, you started this kind gesture. So, if people want to keep this going, I will not take anything out and I will try to find some goodies to put in (though Im a little low right now, I'm sure I can find something). If we send it to you, I will send you some PayPal for toys and postage. Unless anyone has a better idea, I think that's the route I'll follow.

20. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

As requested I had crossed you off the list, though I kept your name there. In the case that you'd want back in, I'd like to be able to give you back your original spots. :)

PM inbound.

scbubba and Jerry L like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.