1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Take a Couple/Leave a Couple" Passaround Box, Vol. 2.1 - The saga continues!

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Blitzwing, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Omega Man
    • In Omnia Paratus

Omega Man Loaded Pockets

Face, yet again you nailed it, and have saved me from expressing myself. I agree with it all. I'm really wondering what's going on with box B, I actually thought I put some decent little items in there,and have only seen the shemag pop up, which was the least of the lot...!
    All in all, I think I'n done with these passarounds. Maybe I'd do a "blind" one where 2 people exchange a small rate box with each other, but for all blitz's incredible dedication, time, hard work, monitoring, and friggin babysitting at times with this, the people who can't or won't follow the rules really DO ruin it for the rest of us.

Blitzwing, FACE, BobsBargains and 2 others like this.
  2. CStew

CStew Loaded Pockets

I'm waiting on Box B. I'm out of town for work but my wife is home. I told her to be looking for it but nothing yet. I'll update when I receive it

3. CStew

CStew Loaded Pockets

Box B has landed at my house. I'll be home tomorrow, go through the box this weekend, and have my wife ship it out Monday.

MTFatboy and FACE like this.
  4. z0mbiSl4y3r

z0mbiSl4y3r Loaded Pockets

Since we are addressing things, there was an item I put in one of the boxes I'd seen people looking to buy in the BST section last year. Not cheap at all, and Noone has ever posted a pic or claimed taking it. I'm not looking for accolades or anything, but when high dollar items vanish with no trace, especially when you get pleasure from someone finding it in the box, it kind of brings you down. Hope things make a turn for the better soon.

FACE likes this.
  5. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

I know it can be seen as disheartening, aggravating, laziness, or just downright rude at times but I've learned to take it in stride.. Sometimes real life does trump our little box, it may make upcoming people pissed.. But it happens. On the other hand some people can be lazy or indifferent because maybe they didn't see what they expected to be in the box and just thought. :censored: it, it's just a box.

There's no way to forsee things like this, trust me I've tried.. I toyed with only allowing tenured members more vested in the forum (had one person try to sign up, registered that day and has only posted once since.. It was the request). I thought about penalizing people that caused undo delay or sent No pics but that's a reaction that doesn't prevent Issues.

The way I see it we can get all pissed and lose interest, or just accept that sometimes people are inconsiderate and don't care or hope that who has real life intervene is OK and afford courtesy to you if Issues come up on your end in the future.

Don't sweat it..

6. CStew

CStew Loaded Pockets

Here's my take from Box B. It is packed up and will be shipped to Slipjoint on Monday.

[​IMG]

7. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

Hey I remember that knife! That was the one AKA made. I passed on it the first time I saw it because I'd already taken a few of his brass beads. If you hadn't grabbed it this time, I would have. :p

Which Victorinox model is that, by the way? I'm a victorinox fan and I'm always interested to see which models are floating around in the box.:happy:

8. CStew

CStew Loaded Pockets

I thought the knife AKA made was really cool so that was the first thing I grabbed. I'm not sure which model SAK it is since this is my first. Any help identifying would be great. Here's a pic.

[​IMG]

9. Tegan's Dad
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Tegan's Dad Loaded Pockets

I almost grabbed the AK Adventurer knife too. I was afraid it fell out when I got a new box to ship out and it had a huge hole when it made its next stop. Glad it made it to someone besides the mailman!

AK Adventurer, kertap75 and CStew like this.
  10. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

It's a tinker I believe.. Nice knife.... The knife AK made is a beautiful little blade!

AK Adventurer, MTFatboy and CStew like this.
  11. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Nope, that one is a Spartan. A Tinker is the same except it has a phillips driver on the back instead of the corkscrew. :)

Glad you like the knife CStew!
    Not sure if I marked it when I put it in, but the steel is 1095. One of only two that I ever made that shape, around 10 years ago... Its been just laying around unused since, so its a 10 y/o knife but you are the first owner. :)

Omega Man, BobsBargains, FACE and 6 others like this.
  12. CStew

CStew Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the SAK identification. It is marked 1095 and it is my first custom knife.

BobsBargains, FACE, MTFatboy and 2 others like this.
  13. Sachmo

Sachmo EDC Junkie!!!

Box A come back, any kind of fool could see
    There was something in everything about you.
    Box A come back, you can blame it all on me
    I was wrong, and I just can't live without you.

AK47Uprising , what's the word on box A......I miss it.

14. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Is it time to put a picture of Box A on a milk carton?

Roger, TreeClimber, Sachmo and 3 others like this.
  15. CStew

CStew Loaded Pockets

It's a day late but Box B is on its way to Slipjoint. PM incoming with tracking number.

16. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Hey, AK47Uprising .............. what gives. Let me take this time to point you to Rule #5. Now I know that it's in green and I'm assuming that it's highlighted in this colour for a reason. Hmmmmmm, I wonder why that might be.

I might be coming off a bit cynical but it gets rather disparaging when you commit to following rules that are set forth by posting an "I'm In" and your integrity goes south as a result of NOT following them.

A few days past most people look past, heck even a week or so ......... but we're coming up to almost a month and no response (in the thread at least) on the whereabouts of BOX A.

Posted on March 30th (incidentally your last post in this thread)
    But you continue to have the time to lurk around and be active in the forum and this very thread. Time to lurk, but no time to post an update. Hmmmmmmm.

Cheers,
    FACE

17. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

That's my bad.. I thought he posted here.. I did receive a pm from him with his pics last week... And he was going to ship this week.. His new work schedule is a bit prohibitive.

18. DEERLORD

DEERLORD Loaded Pockets

I would like to be added to both list please, I have plenty to give.

AK Adventurer likes this.
  19. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

Woohoo! Should be here by Friday! :bounce:

Ive got some since items set aside for the box, but I'm also going to the local gun show on Saturday, so maybe I can find some extra goodies to stick in there.

20. Omega Man
    • In Omnia Paratus

Omega Man Loaded Pockets

Vic was from me, enjoy! It got a trip to Vic Headquarters for a cleaning and scale replacement, and jumped right in the Box on it's own, swear :)