1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Take a Couple/Leave a Couple" Passaround Box, Vol. 2.1 - The saga continues!

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Blitzwing, Jul 29, 2013.

1. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Last minute picks [​IMG]2 cabelas. Multi tools. Now to somehow get all this stuff packed back in the box with my contributions lol

2. RazorBoy

RazorBoy Loaded Pockets

Here are my picks from box B[​IMG] pics to blitz coming soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. TreeClimber

TreeClimber Loaded Pockets

Woop whoop, that means I'm next. Hopefully you left some goodies in there for me. That spydie is a nice one, would've liked to seen it stay in the box lol.

4. Omega Man
    • In Omnia Paratus

Omega Man Loaded Pockets

Only 2 things, jeez?! You must be made of STONE!
    Shemag was from me, it's polyester, hope that's not a dealbreaker since you've already taken it...

5. RazorBoy

RazorBoy Loaded Pockets

I've got a list of things I want to play with and while many were tempting, most were not what I'm looking for. The shemag was too interesting to pass up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kertap75 and Omega Man like this.
  6. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

Where did you find a poly shemag? It's the cotton of most that's the deal-breaker for me!

7. Omega Man
    • In Omnia Paratus

Omega Man Loaded Pockets

I got it on ebay years ago. They were a 'fashion item' at the time, and plentiful and inexpensive.

8. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Any chance I could be added to both lists? Seems like fun.

9. Sachmo

Sachmo EDC Junkie!!!

The GITD dice is from me. I intended to drill a hole through it and make a bead out of it, but I never got around to it.

10. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Box B is on the move again. I apologize about the delay. I don't even have a good reason. It was a combination of me being lazy and I couldn't stop shoving more things into the box. My wife made me stop when she caught me putting the tv remote into the box lol.

Roger, dcmassena, eng1nerd and 3 others like this.
  11. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

[​IMG]

MTFatboy, Sachmo and kertap75 like this.
  12. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

After just shy of a year on the list, I'm finally six away :) Of course, I have a month away from home coming up in June; here's hoping Box B keeps moving smothly...:unsure:

Omega Man, kertap75 and BobsBargains like this.
  13. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

I arrived back from an unexpected trip and Box B was waiting for me. I'll go through it tonight and have it turned around in a day or so.

MTFatboy, CStew, Sachmo and 2 others like this.
  14. TreeClimber

Any update on box A, AK47Uprising, haven't received any pm for address or anything so just checking.

15. AK47Uprising

AK47Uprising Loaded Pockets

Yup still have it and have to sent photos to blitz. My work schedule has been hectic recently. You can send me a PM awhile if you like and I'll get it sent out as soon as I can.

16. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Haven't seen any photos yet..

FACE likes this.
  17. tak2w

tak2w Loaded Pockets

Please add me to the list for a & b....thanks!

18. TreeClimber

AK47Uprising any updates yet? I pmed you and got no reply. Just curious on the progress.

19. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Since there's a lull in the action.. I'm going to relate an issue that was had with the box that was a bit of a kick in the balls but has a surprise ending.. You may have seen the vague grumbling but here's the deal..

Awhile back an anonymous donor sent me a box with some nice goodies to throw in the boxes, among the goodies was a shiny new buck 110 knife.. Sheath and all. It went on its way with the other goodies During the last clean out I did. As the rounds were made I wondered who would claim it as their own.

Anyways, my actual "turn" came up and I couldn't wait to see how the box changed.. A lot of goodies resided in the box, so I basically emptied it on the bed. After a good hour of touchy feely seeing what came I saw the sheath. I thought why no one scored the pretty buck 110 since it was a beautiful knife that would remind old folks like me of the younger years where everyone in my school had one on their belt without getting arrested or stabbing each other.. We were more responsible back then.

That's when I noticed the sheath took quite a beating.. More than I'd think in a sealed box.. It looked like a whole different sheath but wrote it off thinking at least it protected the pretty pretty shiny knife.. At least until I opened it. Not in there was the shiny buck 110,but a beat to :censored: imposter.. It was a buck 110 but a used, abused broken heap of a knife.. A blade that was missing about the last half inch of it then fed to a bench grinder for a angry reprofiling that would have been better if it was done by a blind guy using a nail file.. And even with the end of the blade missing it was bent so much it hit the brass liner. The wood must have been exposed to something to make it swell a bit as you could feel the raised grain of the wood like it was once waterlogged.

I went back looking to see if anyone took it and I didn't see it.. Nope. I was a bit angry that someone here was douchy enough to swap it out for crap and then not say a word.. Even to this day.. I was on the verge of pulling both boxes and calling it done, so much for the honor system.

[​IMG]

I took it out for myself just to get that piece of crap outta my sight.. And put some proper gear in fitting of the Spirit if the box and sent it on the way.

A few days after as I was about to chuck it, I was curious about its age so I went to check the date Code. Turns out it was made in the late 70's early 80's like the one I had as a kid so long ago, in fact I always kept an eye out for one at the flea markets and the bay. Too bad it was :censored:.... But something I heard that day gave me an idea... Chuck buck died, and the report mentioned something about his commitment to his company and their forever warranty and I figured it couldn't hurt to try.. So I boxed it up and sent it to them to see what they could do.. I didn't have much hope for it except maybe a new blade, I tracked it to them unfortunately a storm sidetracked it greatly to the point I thought all was lost.. It still says in transit but in written comments stating it was delivered. I called a few times in the past month plus to make sure they got it.. It wasn't until last Friday that they said it was received but not processed yet.. During that Call I mentioned us, the box, how I liked the brass bolsters on the older knives being more squared Off.. The guy was intrigued enough by the passaround that he asked for the site... I hung up at least knowing it arrived at least.. Still not expecting much.

I forward to today coming home after a crappy day at work to a small box waiting for me.. Lo and behold it was from buck.. But they were supposed to call me with the cost of the new blade... My first thought was they couldn't do anything for it.. It was doa and they were sending it back for a proper burial.. My heart sank as I opened it seeing that battered old sheath, my fears confirmed..

I was sooooooo wrong.. When I opened the sheath, I admit I got aroused..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pardon my pics but it's gorgeous! The magic they pulled is unbelievable! I had no idea that this was possible from what I sent them.. It's not a new knife but the old one reborn, with the classic bolsters I love so much intact! The brass, shiny.. Blade sharp as a razor, centered with precision .. The wood smooth and undamaged.. Just beautiful.

Now to the moral of the story.. Even with a dick move being pulled, even with crap filling up the box time to time again.. Hiding in the guise of a beat up trash pile contestant a golden nugget can be found..

20. The_Turner
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

The_Turner Loaded Pockets

I would love to participate in both boxes if possible, can I get on the lists?