1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Take a Couple/Leave a Couple" Passaround Box, Vol. 2.1 - The saga continues!

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Blitzwing, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Midnight

Midnight Loaded Pockets

Lol the leather was from me. It came from a hipster store in a town near me. Said it was blemished cuts from a leather repair shop. Still nice stuff though.

Plexabit likes this.
  2. Midnight

Midnight Loaded Pockets

here's the tracking #9405 9036 9930 0340 7360 93

3. Plexabit

Plexabit Loaded Pockets

Well...I'm busy all day tomorrow and there's a slim chance I'll get it mailed out, but I haven't received the boxes I ordered from USPS as this box definitely needs replacing. I might have to wait until Monday. Does that sound ok to you Sachmo or do you want me to go ahead and send it in the damaged box?

4. Sachmo

Sachmo EDC Junkie!!!

I'm in no hurry. Monday is fine by me.

5. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

I can't speak for every location but my local Office Depot store has the free USPS boxes near their shipping and printing center. They didn't have all the sizes, but quite a stock of the commonly used ones.

6. Sachmo

Sachmo EDC Junkie!!!

Ya I grabbed a few of each size last time I was at the post office. No biggie for me though, I have five post offices within 10 minutes of where I live.

kertap75 likes this.
  7. Plexabit

Plexabit Loaded Pockets

5? Wow...seems like overkill.

The closest post office for me is actually inside a supermarket so they don't have any of the supplies like a normal post office.

8. Sachmo

Sachmo EDC Junkie!!!

The area where I live is a sprawling city after city conglomerate, each one has at least one post office some have two. There are probably 20 post offices within 30 minutes of me, I'm curious now, I'll have to look at a 10 mile radius of me and see just how many there are.

9. Sachmo

Sachmo EDC Junkie!!!

Wow there are 25 post offices within a 10 mile radius of me, I have 0 excuses for ever sending anything out late

kertap75 likes this.
  10. Plexabit

Plexabit Loaded Pockets

Wow...

The boxes haven't arrived yet. I'm gonna throw in the towel and go to the post office a little farther away tomorrow hopefully. Will update.

11. Midnight

Midnight Loaded Pockets

Pretty sure you might get them tomorrow, due to no post today cause of MLK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sachmo and kertap75 like this.
  12. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

As I recall, the last time I got the boxes there was a sexy handmade knife you'd made, and some lovely handmade brass beads (I claimed two of them :p ). I seem to recall that there was some excitement when people saw the beads in the pictures.

So I'd suggest that you don't sell yourself short. I've seen a lot less cool items in the box than the stuff you put in.

But if you must bow out, I hope to see you join us again when you have the opportunity!

13. Sachmo

Sachmo EDC Junkie!!!

What he said

AK Adventurer and Tegan's Dad like this.
  14. Tegan's Dad
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Tegan's Dad Loaded Pockets

I really wanted that sexy handmade knife, but didn't have anything worthy enough to replace it with so I was forced to leave it for someone else.

AK Adventurer likes this.
  15. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

:oops::oops: Thanks Slipjoint, means a lot!
    I dunno... Its always a dilemma for me with stuff like that, since everyone else seems to value it, yet to me it has absolutely no monetary value... So I have a hard time swapping it for stuff I want to take out of the boxes..

But my biggest issue the last few times has been literally not having any money to mail the box with... Yes, things have been that tight around here at times. :( I'll see how the spring goes, and try to get back in with you guys again ASAP!

16. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

If it wasn't for the CBSA and border control I would offer to have you in for the Canada Passaround after it leaves Vancouver, B.C.

I would assume that it would be closer, however after doing the USA Passaround a couple years ago I just realized that shipping across border might be a bit more expensive than keeping it in Country ( for yourself ). It's hard to say. I just don't like having to fill out the Customs form for cross border shipping on so many items in the box.

Canadian shipping can be expensive at times. I just shipped the Canada Passaround to Nova Scotia from Ontario and it cost me about $30.00 CA. Is that good or expensive? Weight came in a 12 Kg.

What does it costs you's guys on average?

Cheers,
    FACE

AK Adventurer likes this.
  17. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

Ours are in medium, flat-rate priority boxes. As long as we keep our boxes confined to that exact size and the weight below 70 lb., the rate is exactly $12.65 anywhere in the US (and the box is free). Flat rate boxes are a great deal.

AK Adventurer and Plexabit like this.
  18. Plexabit

Plexabit Loaded Pockets

Last edited by Plexabit, Jan 21, 2015
    AK Adventurer, kertap75 and Sachmo like this.
  19. Sachmo

Sachmo EDC Junkie!!!

Plexabit and kertap75 like this.
  20. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

I really wanted to take that knife and give it a deluxe cordwrap job, but I felt that the recipient should have that honor. I also didn't want to be a greedy piggy and take the knife as well as the lovely beads I snatched (since I grabbed the two sexiest ones of the bunch, lol).

I think you'll find that quality homemade projects like that are well-appreciated. Not only are they functional, but there's a special charm in owning a well-built tool that was made by another member.

I do sympathize with your financial woes though. Hopefully, things will be looking up for you soon. Best wishes! :happy: