1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Take a Couple/Leave a Couple" Passaround Box, Vol. 2.1 - The saga continues!

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Blitzwing, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the "Take a Couple/Leave a Couple" - Passaround Box of Fun, Vol. 2.1! :D :dance:

This original project started in June 2012 and the box has been travelling around the world since. This is a continuation of the original thread (here), cleaned up and with new rules.

RULES/Reminders:
    1. There are TWO boxes (Box A and Box B) that are going around; participant list for Box A is in Post #2, participant list for Box B is in Post #3 of this thread.
    2. When you sign up in this thread (no PM's), declare box A, Box B, or Both A and B.. failure to do so and you will not be added!
    3. If you have no way of taking pictures, don't bother signing up.. photos are required.
    4. The box will be shipped via USPS Flat Rate Priority, MEDIUM (~$12.00).
    5. When the box gets to you, pick out a few items for yourself and add a few back in for the next recipient, of equal or greater value.
    6. You must take three photos.. The first two, one of the box's contents as received and one of what you added (both of these are pm'd to me only) the third is of what you took which is to be posted to this thread.All are to be done asap!
    7. A fourth photo is to be taken of the receipt from usps with the tracking number and sent in a pm to me. This is to avoid issues later on down the road if something happens.
    8. To keep things rolling, please keep the box for only a maximum of 3 business days.
    9. Each participant is responsible for contacting the next person on the list to ship out. Some members may go MIA from EDCF, so I suggest you hold off on contacting the next recipient until you've received the box yourself, or shortly before.
    10. The most important rule: HAVE FUN! Don't forget to subscribe to this thread to see updates on where the boxes are and what has been taken. :D
    11. If you're currently on a list,do not ask to be added a 2nd time until you've gotten it first (it gives everyone a chance)
    12. When you contact the next person in line, they have 24 hours to respond then go to the next person on the list Any variation from the list needs to be approved by me! when someone is skipped pls post in the thread.
    13. When you have the box and are in the process of shipping you are required to post here who you are actually sending the box to and any people you had to skip.
    14. These rules are MANDATORY and failure to follow will be grounds for removal and denial of participating again.
      [/B][/COLOR]
    Notes:
    • To join in all you need to do is post in this thread that you want to be added to the list and wether you want to be on box A, box B, or Both A and B.. that's it! Only posting in this thread will get you on the list! NO PM's! This is done to ensure fairness.
    • I update the list every few months. Do not keep posting asking when you will be put on the list, do not pm me either. Repeated badgering about this and instead of using the date of the original request I will do a 5 slot penalty for each time you ask.
    • If you see your name next,be proactive.. send that person your address,it makes things go smoother.
    • If you cant directly post pics to edcforums ,pm me and I will direct you to email me (do not just send them) and be sure to state who you are and what box you have,Ive gotten emails out of the blue with no screen name with them.
    • If you get skipped for any reason, you need to request to be put on the list again.
    • Have a replacement medium box on hand, theyre free and these boxes do take a beating to the point there were some losses.. just replacing it every time ensures it'll make it to the next person.
    • We're more than happy to accommodate our international friends. :) But also keep in mind that we have the UK Passaround as well as the EU Passaround box as well. :D This saves our members on shipping and helps to avoid local restrictions and customs.
      When it comes to what you're taking out and putting in. think as if the roles were reversed .If you are trading what you took out do you think what you're putting in the box would be a fair trade and something you want?
      Thanks, Blitz

A little tale of Caution...

On another note..

After looking at all the photos after the rule change and the random ones from before ive noticed two things..

There are some people who scammed from the box (not after the big clean.. Yet)

The big reason why the box tends to go downhill is not malicious but more of a mentality.. and we all suffer from it sadly.

The Upgrade mentality!

We're all guilty of it, wanting bigger and better... jumping from an enlan to a spyderco to a ZT to a sebenza for example or a maglite to a sunwayman v10r ti or a generic eastpak to a maxped to a tad bag. and it's not a bad thing, most of the time.

When you open the box and see a (i'm not citing a issue just a theorhetical issue) zero tolerance knife and your eyes bug out and say MINE! Your grail knife is there in front of you when you could never pull the trigger on it. So now its yours and ready to upgrade.. what do you put in.. well most times youll throw in a couple of smaller things to equal or overcompensate to get your grail. Which is perfectly ok..because in some cases the zt was out of your reach budget wise to spend that kind of cash on one knife, so you throw in a spydie persistance, microstream, and a brass zippo to cover.. sweet! and it goes to the next guy who goes.. Wow! I always wanted a persistance so he takes it and with the same mentality throws in a buck knife and a maxped pouch.. then its off to the next.

What inadvertently happens the singular value of items decline over time.. think of it like a pyramid with the zt at top.. it splits to a spydie,zippo and microstream which may equal the value of the zt but lessen the average value of individual items overall and at the next take the par level drops to a buck knife and maxped pouch and then the same happens for the next guy and so on and so on. Thats the main reason why after 20 or so passes we're so far down the pyramid that we end up with paracord, toothbrushes and bic lighters.

it's not anyone's fault nor is it a totally bad thing but this just shows sometimes that throwing in 12 different smaller things totaling more $$ than the one thing you took can throw the box into a tailspin... Sometimes a one on one swap of equal value can help the box imeasurbly.

I'm not blaming anyone. Hell i'm guilty of it too, i just wanted to throw my observation out there (since i see the behind the scenes stuff) to make us more aware that when the box degrades it may not be an attempt of someone to screw the rest of us and get everyones dander up about it.. but us just succumbing to a natural need to upgrade!

Tally ho!

Blitzwing[/b][/color]

Last edited by Blitzwing, Aug 4, 2015
    #1 Blitzwing, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  2. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

On hold

Last edited by Blitzwing, Jan 31, 2015
    #2 Blitzwing, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  3. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Box A (The New box) list: 09/20/17

Gunsmoke609
    Midnight
    Haljordon
    Cbisch
    Landwire
    Dcmassena
    Pacrawshaw
    Thesteve_global
    _mg_
    aasoverteakettle
    The_Turner
    Menace2sobriety
    Slipjoint
    Cervantes
    Zlindee
    Omega man
    Blitzwing

Last edited by Blitzwing, Jan 31, 2015
    #3 Blitzwing, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  4. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Just a couple of words of advice..

Don't be a dick. Put in what you take out.. And I'm not talking about a heap of paracord weaves for some higher end stuff.. Rule of thumb: if there's two or three paracord things.. Don't put in more, find something different .. Be kind to your fellow brethren further down the list. This only works if you follow the spirit of this passaround.

No broken stuff or pieces of stuff or general crap you find under the fridge.. If it could be easily broken, take the time to wrap it a bit.. Now I'm not saying expensive stuff.. Just things in generally working order.. So this doesn't turn into a box of trash.

Pictures, we all want to see them.. Not only to have the people coming up salivate and see what cool stuff you got but the people who contributed your take get to see where it goes which is part of the fun! So if you can't take or post pics.. Pull yourself off the list.. It's not fair to everyone.. I never got to see where half of the goodies I put in the last time around went to because people didn't follow thru with their obligations and I know several others had the same happen.. So if you can't, pull yourself out..

Be expedient, don't hold it a week.. Try to contact the next person ahead of time so we aren't sitting on a box for a week. I'd say when someone ships to you, you should be hitting the next person up and if they're not getting back to you (was it 24hrs?) go to the next.. Post when you get it and when you ship so everyone knows.. USPS now gives tracking free of charge.. Post the number or the pic of the receipt. That way we know where it is.

For peace of mind I'd take a pic of what you sent, don't post it.. Just hold on to it just in case if this happens again.

Now let's get back to the fun!

And a quote from tower..

A good rule of thumb (I think) is to put in something you think is MORE valuable than what you take out. Valuable doesn't necessarily mean higher dollar item, but high utility and something most other people would want. That would be fitting to the spirit in which Moosh began this gig.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, guys.. we're ready to rock.. I posted the lists,edited for people not wanting to participate and just generally cleaned it up and added #8 in the rules to take affect now.. just so everyone gets a fair chance.

If you don't want to participate anymore.. pm me so i can remove you from the list

5. voxelpete

voxelpete Banned

I am still here, and ready to participate. Thanks for doing this blitzwing!

6. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm not in this round

Blitzwing likes this.
  7. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Minibear453 Loaded Pockets

Would it be possible for the box to get to me in the middle of October or afterwards? If so, I'm in. Or I'll just wait until enough people have signed up. Thanks!

Blitzwing likes this.
  8. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

I'll still be in. Thanks for taking this on, Blitzwing! You rock!

9. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

I added you to box A as you asked.. cant give you definite timeframe but definitely after october

Minibear453 likes this.
  10. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Ok ac7ss is the first contestant for box A! Going out Wednesday

Waiting for jnsn to respond.. I'll give him 48hrs since this has stalled for so long then off to the next person..

I want to ship both Wednesday

scbubba and kertap75 like this.
  11. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Yay! I'm still in!!! And I still have 3 or 4 things that I KNOW will please someone!

12. jnsn

jnsn Loaded Pockets

im 1st? lol i have to come up with more than i thought if i have to fill a med flat rate box. time to start diggin!

13. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I can think of two or three more precious things to put in the box.

14. Tegan's Dad
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Tegan's Dad Loaded Pockets

Thanks Blitz! I'm still in!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

15. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Check your pm's.. Need your addy.. You don't have to fill the whole thing..

16. jnsn

jnsn Loaded Pockets

gotcha, i accidentally replied to the notification email earlier lol.. will send now.

17. bud760
    • In Omnia Paratus

bud760 Loaded Pockets

thank you for keeping the pass arounds alive blitzwing.

Minibear453 likes this.
  18. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

Glad I checked in time!

19. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Both boxes shipped today! Delivery dates of Thursday!

And it all begins! Again...

20. voxelpete

voxelpete Banned

You know, might as well throw me on box B.

Blitzwing likes this.