1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD's new Spectre Pack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by yugotprblms, May 19, 2017.

1. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

Any new feedback on these? I am thinking about the 46L as a replacement for my kifaru Xing. I like that it has the snow collar and can expand to ~60L. I also like that it has torso length adjustment. My torso is just a little too long for the Xing. With 21" stays it should still be airline carry-on-able. I feel like it could be a bit more versatile...

2. Pardner

Pardner Loaded Pockets

Been wanting to like Tad packs since the first ones, love their clothing but can't get into their packs. I have had about seven iterations of their packs but currently own just the Azimuth which I got in a trade and I find surprisingly useful. Just can't get a good fit with the shoulder straps or some other niggle with the litespeeds and edc.

When the spectre came out I went and ordered the smallest one and returned it right away. Belt felt out of place and non-removable on the smallest one. The storage area just felt small for a 22 liter pack, maybe it was the opening. Also not so sure about the fabric, it's plenty tough but did not get a good feel from the texture that I get from 1000d or even 500d. Anyways I admit I did not give it a fair shake or run it through its paces but thought I would share my experience.

Pietroso likes this.
  3. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the feedback, I agree in that regard, I think the smallest version of it makes the least sense, or at best it only suits a pretty specific set of use cases.