1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD's F.A.S.T packs are back in stock...

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Pineapple Devil, Dec 4, 2010.

1. derangboy

derangboy Loaded Pockets

The back of a Maxped. Falcon II
    [​IMG]
    The back of a TAD Litespeed
    [​IMG]

Can you guess which I would rather have on my back for six hours?

2. KDOG08

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

Hasn't TAD moved all of their product manufacturing to China?

3. Igor01

Igor01 Loaded Pockets

The latest FASTPACKS (EDC and Litespeed) are still made in the US, according to the tags on the packs from the most recent batch. TAD were talking abou a new line of packs called C.O.R.E. which was supposed to be manufactured in China and was expected to be more affordable than the US-made FASTPACKs. There used to be a thread on USN with some advance info on the C.O.R.E. line but TAD has removed it a while ago as they didn't want to give too much info and answer too many questions, the designs are not fully finalized yet. A couple of weeks ago they said that the C.O.R.E. packs are still a long way away, perhaps not to hurt the sales of the latest FASTPACK batch, perhaps to stop the constant deluge of questions for ETA on C.O.R.E.

4. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Does anybody know what the acronym C.O.R.E. stands for? Just curious.

5. Igor01

Igor01 Loaded Pockets

No idea what the acronym stands for, but heres' some info from an old post on USN, not sure how much of this is still relevant today:

the CORE line will have all the DNA of our FAST line. new design directions will be strategic use of laser cut hypalon in a new way which hasn't be done before in effect replacing PALs webbing for MOLLE compatibility, thermomolded foam back panels with air flow channels, dual flashlight caves, DWR treated reverse zippers which have the nice matte look of a covert reverse BUT with water repellant properties, improved suspension with full size pack type elements of 2mm HDPE framesheets-precurved T6016 stays and applied even to daypacks for robust load bearing, lined with light gray 420 oxford for improved interior visibility, and more...

also, the victory pack design is finally very close to where i need it to be and is looking bad ***!

you will find the tolerances better and more refines, all the top name components such as ITW, DURAFLEX, Cordura, YKK; DWR finishes and more...

got word today that we may see delivery of the CORE line by sept 2010

my first love is still the fast line, but this is like having a really hot mistress too

6. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Empty Pockets

More than $300.00 for a tacticool pack?

I think TAD has seen fit to fool the foolish.

Gear at that price is just a waste of money.

In my opinion, of course.

7. Loon66

Loon66 Loaded Pockets

I agree and I've had mine on for hours and the padding and venting work.

I have the EDCv4 and it's the best EDC pack I've ever had. There's really no need to add pouches as everything is designed into the pack. The hip-belt works well to carry the load. Just my opinion but after having one, it is underpriced. Quality of material is right up there with Kifaru and MR. MaxP and other cheaper packs are not even in the same class to me.

8. Flexxx

Flexxx BST/Marketplace ban

What knife is that on your pack?
    Busse?

I personally love the back of the Falcon II, its rough and will never wear out....

9. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if they're wrong.

10. Flexxx

Flexxx BST/Marketplace ban

What am I wrong about?

11. Loon66

Loon66 Loaded Pockets

It is a Busse SFNO LE.

iomatic was probably refering to me about the Tad EDCv4 being underpriced and a high quality bag???

This is how I look at it:

I'm a big fan of Kifaru but by the time you add a belt ($50+) to a comparable sized Kifaru bag with zero organization out of the box, add an Organizer ($65) and a couple side bottle pouches ($40-80 depending on what you buy) your well over $500. Even a MR Tri-Zip Dragon Slayer or Big Horn (both pulled from the MR site until spring 2011 to redesign the back and reinforce the X-Frames) would set you back $300 plus. None of which are meant as EDC bags.

The Tad V4 had a lot of thought put into it with the design that was made for EDC just like the name implies. It has a front upper external access pocket that is a small organizer plus a larger lower front pocket. The two side zip pockets will each hold a 64 Oz Kleen Kanteen (use like mesh bottle pockets) with room to spare or they can be used for other things as they are huge, and it comes with a suspension belt and a Gunbearer/Helmut holder (think Kifaru Grab-it $31). Internal mesh pockets, bladder sleeve, extremely well designed shoulder straps, ice axe loops, molle field on bottom. Pretty much the ultimate EDC bag. The EDCv4 waist belt is removable and can be used on the Litespeed. The bags don't need external pouches. The bags are slick looking. Stuff them or cinch them down for a small profile. Same fabric, 1000 Denier DuPont Cordura®, that other heavy use bag makers use.

I still believe it's underpriced. Haven't heard too many people that bought one say they regret it.

12. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

Fixed misquote. ;)

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if they're wrong.

*Added smiley to make it more friendly and tongue-in-cheek.

13. BriteLumens

BriteLumens Loaded Pockets

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if Tad Gear FASTPack EDC is going to be in stock again? Sorry I mean the Foliage Green. I am currently looking for one unit.

14. RockyMtn303

RockyMtn303 Loaded Pockets

I had a dream about the edc bag last night. I figured that meant I should order one today. I'm not sure I'll sleep enough to dream again over the next week waiting for it... is that weird? ;D

15. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Welcome to EDC Forums RockMonkey!

It isn't weird. :)

16. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

:thumbsup: If that's not the best reason to buy a new bag, I don't know what is!

17. RockyMtn303

18. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

What is that a picture of from Milspec Monkey? You didn't say.

19. RockyMtn303

Sorry, that's inside the stealth admin pouch.

20. retrospeaks

retrospeaks Loaded Pockets

absolutely awesome. i am jealous of you good sir. the litespeeds are out of stock, but i may buy the coyote tan and foliage one when they re-up just to satiate these voices in my head...