1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD OP1 on 5.11 Triab 18?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ghostyjack, Apr 21, 2014.

1. ghostyjack
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

ghostyjack Loaded Pockets

Just got a good deal on a midnight ash coloured 5.11 Triab 18 for £100 including a black 5.11 Brokos belt and a black 5.11 TDU 1.5" Tactical belt and am now waiting for them to arrive.

But I've just been offered a TAD OP1 pouch in black for £40. It's not a cheap pouch but it does seem pretty nicely laid out and has a less tactical look to it than my TT Advanced pouch or my Maxpedition EDC pouch.

I'm tempted to get it to mount on the front of the Triab to reduce the tactical look and provide more admin capability but I'm not sure it it will mount on the front between the two useless looking bottle pouches.

Does anyone know if it will fit?

2. GQP

GQP Loaded Pockets

The bottle pouches will fold flat against the bag (and yeah, they are practically usless). I don't have any personal experience with OP1 pouch, but it looks lilt it would fit just fine.

3. ghostyjack
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thanks for that, I think I might just go ahead and buy it then.

4. Day Tripper

Day Tripper Loaded Pockets

I've been wanting to get one of those pouches for awhile... I really like the larger, flat, layout style of the OP1 pouch as it would possible eliminate the need for me to carry 2 separate maxped organizers.

5. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Why not mount it inside?

Also, Tactical Taylor stealth admin is probably the narrowest of all admin pouches.

6. ghostyjack
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

What Tactical Tailor Stealth Admin pouch? The only pouch I can find with the word stealth in is is the Mil-Spec Monkey one.

One of the problems I have is the fact I'm in the UK, so this can be a bit restrictive on what gear I can get. Brands like 5.11, Maxpedition and Hazard 4 are relatively easy to get hold of, but other brands are either difficult to nigh on impossible to get hold of.

TAD is possible to get here, but the range is restrictive, the OP1 is normally only available in the coyote colour, I was lucky and managed to find a black one on eBay. MSM can also be hard to get and purchasing direct and make for high shipping costs.

I am looking at internal mounting options, but need to manage them properly or I may loose too much space. Already got a Maxped EDC mounted internally with a grooming and hygeine kit, a Condor EMT pouch is on its way for a IFAK, and I plan on fitting another pouch for cables and other misc. electonic stuff.

I don't need a massive admin pouch, but if I externally mount it, I don't want it giving the pack any more of a tactical feel that it already has. The tactical feel isn't that high, so I'd like to keep it that way. The OP1 is very subdued compared to other admin pouches, hence my question.

I'll have a look at the MSM Stealth, but I may have shipping issues.

7. ghostyjack
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Should have taken a bit longer to do my research, I completely missed the fact that Tactical Taylor made the Stealth Admin for Mil-Spec.

It's a nice small admin pouch that would definitely provide me with enough admin capability, it is a bit more tactical than I wanted for mounting outside, but now that my Condor EMT pouch (the rip-away one) has arrived, I can start designing the layout of my interior molle and Velcro mounted pouches, there might be enough room for an interior mounted admin.

My only issue with purchasing from MSM is what I mentioned in my previous comment, high delivery costs due to not being able to find anyone UK based that sells this.

My OP1 has now arrived so I can see if it is the right one for this bag or not. I think it will be too big to mount internally if I include all my other pouches I want in there, but it might work for external mounting. I'll experiment with what I've got and see what works.