1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD Litespeed or Javelin Vslinger

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by D.Car, Jan 21, 2014.

?

Which pack would you prefer?

1. TAD Fast Pack Litespeed

66.7%
  2. Javelin Vslinger

22.2%
  3. Other

11.1%
  1. D.Car

D.Car Loaded Pockets

So i decide that i want to get a bag for EDC/ Keep in my truck with everything i need in it. I've been all over the forums and these two packs are the ones i like the best. They seem like they are similar in size. I know TAD is well TAD, well known great quality and also very well hyped. At the same time the VSlinger is loved on here and i really dig the pack except the bright orange liners.

Does anyone have pictures of the two packs side by side or have had experience with both?

Any help would be great!

2. mbakes

mbakes Loaded Pockets

If you are not in a rush, you may want to add the Vanquest Trident to the list. Not sure when it is coming out but from the youtube video looks to be close in size: http://edcforums.com/threads/vanquest-trident.117204/. Just thought I would throw it out there.

3. Mester

Mester Loaded Pockets

Maybe not size comparison but there a a lot and really god videos on the Vanquest slinger bag on YouTube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. tattoosteve99
    • In Omnia Paratus

tattoosteve99 EDC Junkie!!!

My vote goes for TAD but I'm biased as I own a litespeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BrianEDC

BrianEDC Loaded Pockets

I don't see them as the same bag "class". I have both a Javelin & and Fast Pack (not quite an LS).

6. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

One of the things I like about the Javelin is the orange liners. Its great for contrasting color to locate items. For me the Javelin is the perfect truck bag/day pack. It has great storage. The sling design makes it easy to get on and off. It stays on securly. It is padded so my I feel confident taking my dslr everywhere I take my Javelin (not something that will appeal to everyone, I know).

I'd love to have a Litespeed as well. I typically prefer backpacks as they are more comfortable for longer periods of wear, but for my typical day to day, I'd probably still take the Javelin.

7. Convoy

Convoy Loaded Pockets

I'm a Litespeed owner, too.

Before buying the Litespeed, I'd go looking for new bags all the time. Now, the only new bag I'm interested in is the FAST Pack.

8. Bauzen

Bauzen Loaded Pockets

TAD are good-looking, durable bags... But that's where it begins and ends.
    I had both TAD packs for a few weeks before realizing how impractical they were.

First I had the Litespeed, but I had to open and close it frequently throughout the day, making the beavertail incredibly annoying to put on and take off every time I had to access the bag's contents. After you adjust your load, you then need to adjust the straps on the beavertail clips so it doesn't sag. Again, very annoying.

I then tried the FastPack EDC, and it was better because it had a bigger carrying capacity, but far too heavy on its own and still suffers from the beavertail-tinkering every time you adjust the contents. Perhaps your needs are different than mine, but with a water bladder, you can't fit more than $25-$35 of groceries in either one (respectively).

Doesn't translate well into hiking gear either. Both bags are overbuilt for most outdoor needs, therefore heavier than you want to carry at full capacity. Ounces count when you're carrying a bag all day, and these one annoyed me after only a few hours. It's also frustrating that the bags don't sit upright when you try to sit it up. For someone like me who rides the subway frequently, all I want is a bag that I don't have to tightly wedge between my legs at all times.

Again, needs vary from person to person and while TAD makes the best looking bags (IMO), they leave a lot to be desired when it comes to weight and functionality for someone who has to open/close the bag frequently.

CNeal likes this.