1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD gear TI Folding Spork Review

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by luigi, Sep 26, 2006.

1. ScarabDrowner

ScarabDrowner Loaded Pockets

just the spoon section. the texturing as it is now is fine for the handle part.

2. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

Take some new Scotch Brite to it.  Just rub it all over. It'll smooth it out. PM me if you need any help. ;)

3. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

Cool, I'm looking forward to getting mine

The reason I wanted folding sporks is the car kit, not for EDC. The wife and I do a lot of road trips and field trips and there has been more than one occasion when a spork would have been useful (one time recently where I ended up eating a messy dinner with my hands). I like the fact they are compact since they will live in the glove box with other compact gear, cheap and made out of my favorite material.

4. ohmygoat

ohmygoat Empty Pockets

Finally had a chance to use mine at work. I'm happy to say, the "fork" tines function much like a fork, and the spoon element works like a spoon. Being left handed, when "cutting" food items with the side of the spoon, I've got to remember to keep finger pressure on the "neck" of the spork to prevent it from folding. It elicited no comments from my co-workers, but I doubt they have any appreciation for things titanium. When folded, it rides nicely and unobtrusively clipped to the divider of my B-O-B.

In addition to heathah for organizing the group buy, a big thanks to TADGear for making these available at a very attractive price.

5. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I am going to order some for Christmas.

6. MatthewVanitas

MatthewVanitas Empty Pockets

n00b here, came over from a sigline in www.thehighroad.org

While reading this thread with rapt attention, I suddenly realized that I was fascinated by a review of a titanium folding spork.

The hysterical laughter lasted a full 30 seconds. Man, I feel better now.

This forum does indeed fulfill a unique niche.

-MV (who now has to get a PryBayb... and a folding spork)

7. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

I know, I laugh at myself too. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I bet you followed Jon's sig, I've seen him at THR. He runs this forum. You will find a number of firearms enthusiasts here as well.

The stuff we carry is a fun subject and a crossroads for a lot of interests.

8. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I order 3 for Christmas. One was for me. I gave my spouse 2; one to keep in the work backpack, and one to leave in the car. I am leaving mine in my Tundra.

9. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

hi great report.
    I got one from group buy and I´m quite happy with it but I´d prefer thicker so stronger titanium in its neck becouse when I have to use as fork it bends by this place when I make pressure to stack some hard food.
    I notice its spring is no titanium and looks like stainless steel becouse I can see any rust after some dishwasher tours ;-)

10. laurent

laurent Empty Pockets

11. spiritof76

spiritof76 Loaded Pockets

I agree with you to a point. Sporks are only useful for a limited number of foods, mainly stuff like mashed potatoes and cole slaw. I wouldn't buy one. I carry a stainless camping flatware set instead. There may be a "neat gadget" factor in having only one utensil, but that will go away the moment you need to cut something, like a small steak, and a single utensil won't, uh, cut it. You could break out your pocket knife or multitool, but how uncouth and unclean is it to eat with that? You might as well be eating with your prybar. You also can't spear food like you can with a real fork. Good luck eating that steak you just cut up, unless you want to look like a weirdo by scooping up the pieces. Sporks are nearly useless for soup. Dedicated utensils for each purpose is the way to go: knife, spoon and fork. I do like carrying my own because take-out plastic utensils are wasteful and usually don't work worth a :censored:.

Edit: BTW, that family tree is also missing the knork.

12. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

I dunno, I like sporks. I have a SnowPeak titanium spork in one of my kits. How about a Ka-Bar Hobo? I got me one and it's been in my EDC bag for about a month now.