1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD Gear Stealth Hoodie

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Rocket1, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Rocket1

Rocket1 Loaded Pockets

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Stealth Hoodie and the Stealth Hoodie LT?

I swear I read the description of both but I guess I'm just slow today and can't see what the real difference is. I want to order one but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting

2. AB.AlexB

AB.AlexB Loaded Pockets

Stealth LT is marketed as waterproof. The Stealth is made of a different shell material that is different, and not 100% waterproof, but is also lined, iirc.

3. blueliner

blueliner Empty Pockets

I'm pretty sure when I ordered my Stealth I asked the same question to the TAD rep on the phone and she said it's the same face material, just that the Stealth LT has taped seams and is not insulated, closer to a 'hard shell' setup, like most of the arcteryx hard shells. The regular Stealth has a light fleece backing and no taped seams. If you look at the close-up pics on the site for each item you'll see the difference as far as seams and interior lining go. I just did a comparison video between the regular and the Condor knock-off:

At least that will give you a little better idea of what the non-LT version is. As I mentioned in the video, within the 'soft-shell' world, I'd say the Schoeller fabric TAD uses is a little on the stiffer side. Also, if you look on the site, they mention the same c_change fabric in the descriptions for both. It would be nice if they just listed the features in the same way for both descriptions on the site rather than mixing it up. I guess they want to keep you on your toes.

Last edited by blueliner, Feb 27, 2013
  4. Rocket1

Rocket1 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the replies. Now that I've gone back and looked at them I see the liner. That green looks really nice in the video

Now to decide which I want

5. Locomoco

Locomoco Loaded Pockets

I use the LT much more than the regular lined Stealth. For colder days its no sweat to layer. On cold spring/summer days it's the perfect jacket that because its so thin, folds smaller than the regular TAD jackets when you need to pack em' away.

Of course, I keep hoping TAD does a reloaded version of the jacket. Their choco-brown reloaded jackets were bad-:censored:.

6. happyhead912

happyhead912 Loaded Pockets

I have the LT. I love it and if i need to I can layer it with my ranger hoodie.

7. remdds

remdds Loaded Pockets

Love my LT. Would highly recommend. Very comfy and minimal extra weight.