1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD Gear replicas: Stealth and Ranger Hoodies from Dragon Red

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by jlomein, Nov 30, 2009.

1. VoodooChicken

VoodooChicken Loaded Pockets

One thing I've noticed about the TAD I own is that it fits awesome and looks awesome.I get compliments almost everytime I wear something from them.This may not be an important aspect in a knock off purchase but If you spent the money on the real deal it will not look like this!

[​IMG]
    I think this looks horrendous ..sleeves way to long,not fitted at all etc.
    That may not be important to some but my tad is a 3 season jacket where I live and it handles everything I throw at it .i love that it looks great while doing everything it should .

2. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

You know, that looks more fitted than my genuine Stealth hoodie does. It really does have very long sleeves. I had a medium one at first but that was too short in the front and way too fitted overall, especially around the shoulders, so I switched it to a large one, which fits me much better, but at the cost of no longer being "fitted". :) But that's ok, it allows me to wear more than a t-shirt under it. My wife said it's a nice color, but that's the only compliment that any of my TAD garments have ever received.

Btw, have you ever seen their Force 10 cargoes? Those are some extremely baggy and unfitted pants! :eek:

socaldsal, VoodooChicken and PsychRN like this.
  3. VoodooChicken

VoodooChicken Loaded Pockets

Wow ,really? How old is your stealth? The cut on my stealth is fantastic right down to how the arms hang as you can see in this pic.

[​IMG]
    I don't mean to come off like a douchy fashionista but I will say that any of the tad I own have a large amount of small things that set it apart from any of the knock offs.:) YMMV.

4. Valerian

Dang, I just figured that out for some other thread and now I forgot already... 2008 I think, it's a v3.0. Old pic, but this is how it fits:
    [​IMG]

5. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

I think fit is really going to depend on the person wearing it, it might fit one person perfectly and another person really badly. Where most knock-off seem to suffer in the durability department. I have never had a TAD garment, but my guess is that a copy of one would not be as durable as the real deal.

6. Valerian

Yes, fit naturally depends on the person wearing it as well, but that goes for any garment. It is also dependent on the particular garment you happen to get. You see, no two jackets are exactly the same, there are tolerances involved in all manufacturing. Part of the reason some stuff is more expensive is that it's made to more demanding tolerances. On an more expensive jacket, the chest measurement might be 22 inches +/- 0.5 inches, on a cheaper one it might be +/- 2 inches and so forth. I have no idea what kind of tolerance specs TAD has, that's just a random example. The sloppier the specs are, the cheaper it is to make. And quality control means that someone actually inspects the stuff before it gets shipped to the stores, and if it doesn't meet the specs, it get's fixed or rejected. But even if it gets rejected, somebody still has to pay for the materials, possibly also wages for the people who make the jackets. That's factored into the cost. On the cheaper ones, they'll probably sell anything that has enough stiches to hold it together long enough to get it to the customer.