1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD Gear replicas: Stealth and Ranger Hoodies from Dragon Red

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by jlomein, Nov 30, 2009.

1. PsychRN

PsychRN Loaded Pockets

Definitely, I'm glad I could help inform your decision. For me, the shells have a place when I travel to colder regions. I'm thinking a ScottE-Vest is the way to go for climes like ours. I'm considering it strongly among North Face M Apex Elixir vest.

2. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

Just purchased one of these hoodies...I like it so far!

3. TNRonin

TNRonin Loaded Pockets

Sadly they don't have XXL, I have a 50+" chest. I like TAD stuff, but the sizing is an issue. I'm not apline, but I'm not fat either. I'm not going to drop that kind of TAD coin to have to just sent it back.

4. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

So, is the TAD Gear stuff made in China now or what?

5. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Some is, yes. Some is still made in the US. The company line is, the things that are made in China are made there because there are either no factories in the US that can make them the way they are designed (welded seams and such) or the use of US factories would be prohibitively expensive.

Take that with as much salt as you prefer.

Sent from my A854

6. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

They sure aren't passing on those slave labor savings to their customers with those prices.

7. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

What? There's no company in the US that can weld seams?

Poppycock.

8. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

I agree. It's the same old stuff we hear from all businesses now when it comes to outsourcing. Either sending jobs overseas or hiring illegal aliens here. Home builders - their representatives and apologists - are fond of saying, "Well, if we had to pay American workers, you wouldn't be able to afford a house." Well, then you would go out of business! Of course, they would not go out of business, they just like to cry about going out of business because they are childish. If they were prevented from hiring illegal aliens to build the houses, they would adjust their prices, as the market is supposed to do, and the houses would be what the market could bear, Americans would have the jobs and the guys on the upper end of the scheme would have to take the pay cut. They wouldn't go out of business because the truth is, these people always sing the same song, but they make a lot of money even when they pay Americans to do the work. I'm really sick of hearing this nonsense, oil company execs and power company execs and car company execs, they all sing the same, sad song...all the time. Have you ever known in the history of automobiles a "poor" oil man or president of a car company? Nope. They sing a good song though...if you fancy melancholy music. :cool:

9. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Loaded Pockets

Think I might pick one of these up. 40 degrees in FL aint cuttin it!!

10. brano8
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

brano8 Loaded Pockets

More pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Keep in mind that the stealth hoodies are mainly shell garments, and I wouldn't consider the Ranger to be a heavy fleece.

The TAD store is located in San Francisco, where the low is 50 and the high is 70. The joke is that it has, at most, 2 seasons. My third-gen Stealth provides very little warmth by itself under 60 degrees, and is much too hot to wear over 80. You'll have to layer considerably for 40 degree weather.

12. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

True, if it's just a shell, the only thing it does is cut the wind chill. You'll still have to layer up for warmth.

The Ranger, however, is the heaviest fleece I have. I often wear it down to -10 to -15 C with just a shirt or two underneath and it's quite warm enough, provided I remain somewhat active (i.e. for just standing around, it's not warm enough).

13. haunted

haunted Empty Pockets

I know this thread is a year old, but has anyone ordered one of the Stealth replicas from Dragon Red recently? Is the quality still fairly high?

14. Flexxx

Flexxx BST/Marketplace ban

Edited..

Had a question but nevermind...

15. Nkelly226

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

I found another source selling these for $49 but your shipping from them is free making it a cheaper than the airsoft store the only thing is their shipping to us is kinda slow to say the least but if you don't mind waiting then deff worth it! I plan to order one soon to try out I fig for $50 can't go wrong even if the quality isn't top notch ill have a beater jacket

http://dx.com/p/men-s-waterproof-windproof-polyester-spandex-outdoor-jacket-army-green-size-m-218506
    http://dx.com/p/men-s-waterproof-windproof-polyester-spandex-outdoor-jacket-black-size-l-219618
    http://dx.com/p/outdoor-men-s-waterproof-windproof-polyester-spandex-jacket-brown-size-m-219696

16. Amator

Amator Loaded Pockets

Hmm, I've always been a bit wary about ordering from deal extreme. Anyone ordered from them before?

17. kaiman

kaiman Loaded Pockets

I got 2 laser pointers from them early this year, took a mth to come. As described online but 1 died within 2 weeks. The other is still going strong.

Sent from my INO_ONE using Tapatalk 4

18. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Like a 100 times :p.. Never lost anything and they always go through customs without any problems.. Only have experience with small items like led's drivers, small random electronic spareparts

19. Wolfhound0023

Wolfhound0023 Loaded Pockets

Look exactly like my Condor Sumitt Softshell Jacket.

20. Amator

Amator Loaded Pockets

Ah, nevermind. It looks like the copy from Deal Extreme only goes up to XL and I need a 3XL. I guess I will order the Condor.