1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD gear questions...

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by d.weglarz13, Oct 10, 2015.

1. d.weglarz13

d.weglarz13 Loaded Pockets

Hey guys. So, this will be my first time buying from TAD gear, and really loving the shagmaster hoodie. But, the darn thing is sold out in every color in my size.
    So, how does this whole TAD gear thing work? Just gotta wait until there in stock? Or are you guys getting stuff from them on other sites like FB groups or something?

Sorry for all the questions, but really new to TAD as a company, and that hoodie looks real nice to me.

Also, for anyone familiar with their products, how do the sizes run?
    I am 5'11", regular build, a bit slim I guess with kind of long arms. Any recommendations on what size I should go for if I find it?

Thanks for any help
    dave

2. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

They make small batches that sell out in hours to keep the demand going, :censored:s buy them up and sell them on eBay at grossly inflated prices (more so than the manufacturer does)

They do make good quality stuff tho.

3. d.weglarz13

Darn, I was hoping it wasn't something along those lines. Oh well, maybe one day then. I hear so many great things about all their gear. Thanks for the info.
    dave

4. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Sign up for their email list. Then just wait until you see a restock. The larger items tend to be announced there...less so patches and stuff.

5. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

Yeah, you have to be a little patient. They do a product release every Friday morning, but no guarantee of what product they're dropping.

6. Mr.Fox

Mr.Fox Loaded Pockets

Hey I live in san francisco which is where they've got both of their retail stores, pm me if you'd like me to pick you up something.
    They say they're sold out of things online but they've always got their retail stores stocked.

karlito likes this.
  7. d.weglarz13

Man guys, thanks for the help.. Already signed up for the mailing list.
    Mr.Fox I will pm you thank you.
    dave

8. d.weglarz13

Any idea on fit? I usually take between a size large and medium. It it helps at all, I'm 5'11" with slim build.
    The fit guide on the site says I'm right between the M and L sizes, so any suggestions? Thanks guys!
    dave

9. Mr.Fox

Mr.Fox Loaded Pockets

I'd get a Large, just because you dont want to get a medium and it fits but the length is too short

10. Mr.Fox

Mr.Fox Loaded Pockets

Glad you ended up getting that jacket!!

11. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

I find that their stuff runs a little small. Although, maybe it's just very form fitting. I recommend you get two sizes and then keep the one that fits better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

The sizes run a bit big in pants in my experience, their 30 inseam is actually a 33 inseam and run bigger in the waist as well for the Inceptor PD jeans. For the jackets and hoodies they run a tad small. I usually wear a size Med in Mountain Hardwear, Marmot, Northface, and Acr'Teryx but a size large in TAD.

Be well

13. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

When I wanted to buy a Stealth jacket, I had no problem buying a Stealth jacket. Yes, there are certain things that are dropped in small batches. I LOVE my Stealth jacket by the way.

14. d.weglarz13

Haha thanks for the help guys this thread is a few months old now. I did end up getting a medium, as I take mostly medium sweaters, and it fit perfect, even got another in a different color too. Now I gotta get me some of the interceptor PD jeans. I usually use waist 34, length 32. Any recommendations for what size I should go for with the jeans?

hal_chase likes this.
  15. hal_chase
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

hal_chase EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm around 33" waist and I went for the 34-32 size and they fit me perfectly. Also the most comfortable pair of jeans I've ever owned and very well made (lots of triple stitching and bar tacking)

8 pockets is proper awesome too....you can stash a bunch of **neat** stuff in the rear yoke pockets leaving the patch pockets spare for conventional items

16. d.weglarz13

Those pockets are the main selling point for me! Thanks for the help, may just have to place an order real soon. I'm also about that size, usually 33 or 34, these days seem more like 34w. I'm glad this thread got bumped, I almost forgot about these.

Thanks again

Dave

hal_chase likes this.
  17. hal_chase
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Front Right (coin) = Ridge Ti
    Front Right = Rexford RUT
    Front Left (coin) = EDCF Challenge Coin
    Front Left = IronKey and space!
    Rear Right Yoke = Spyderco PITS
    Rear Right Patch = Triple 7 Micro Pouch
    Rear Left Yoke = McGizmo Haiku
    Rear Left Patch = Surgical gloves and space

Room for lots more too

Lovingly transmitted by Nexus 6 Marshmallow Droid

Locomoco likes this.
  18. d.weglarz13

Hahaha that's great. Hey are they comfortable for jeans? I tend to not like a lot of the stiffer denim, usually do the cargos for this reason. Are the jeans soft? And what about bending down and whatnot with the design? Do you find them to be worth the money? I know it's probably a silly question but I would only be spending the money if I think they are comfortable enough to pull me back from the cargos for every day wearing.

Thanks again. They are out of my size at the moment, I think I will call in the morning to see when they are getting more.
    Dave

hal_chase likes this.
  19. hal_chase
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Very comfortable, very soft denim with a slight elastane stretch (1%), perfect for bending down etc. Most comfortable jeans I've ever owned.

The cut is straight leg but they are much more roomy than Levi 501's for example

If it helps I've spent the last 30 years wearing cargos of one sort or another and now I wear the TAD jeans as much as possible, Mon-Fri at work (12 hours a day) and weekends too if I'm not out on SAR Ops.

I'm going to buy a second pair :D

4rmless likes this.
  20. 4rmless
    • In Omnia Paratus

4rmless Loaded Pockets

Similar experience here, wonderful fit, very tough, loads of pockets. I'm a convert.