1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD Gear (PICTURES)

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by RAM.45, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Fundillo

Fundillo Loaded Pockets

My first piece of TAD gear, Covert RS pants
    I love them. The color, the fit (after inseam altering and adding blousing drawstrings), and most of all the weight (I can definitely see still being comfy in the upcoming AZ summer).

[​IMG]

2. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

How would you describe the weight? I have no experience with their pants and am curious about the fabric.

3. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

The AC material is nice and light, perfect for summer wear. The RS fabric is thicker and sturdier, more suited to fall, winter, and spring wear. The DC material is like Carhartt material on steroids. It's bombproof!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk!

amdmaxx and VoodooChicken like this.
  4. UsubM

UsubM Loaded Pockets

Am I the only one who wishes they made a Covert AC pant? I'm in the market for some new pants and I just keep going between the Covert RS and another Amphib. cargo and can't decide between the merits of either...

Could anyone compare the TAD ripstop fabric in the Covert RS to a 50/50 BDU fabric in terms or weight, stiffness etc? I'm just wondering about that because it's what I'm most used to in terms of field pant fabrics.

5. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the reply riot! I am in the same camp as UsubM. Always trying to decide between Covert RS and Amphib Cargos. Any further info contrasting the 2 fabrics would be very helpful. Is there a more frequently used fabric they feel similar to in terms of weight, durability, or temperature range?

6. UsubM

UsubM Loaded Pockets

Well I just went ahead and got a pair of Covert RS in tan. I figured I may as well before they go out of stock for a while, and I already have the Amphib so I'll try something new.
    Will post my thoughts on them when it comes in if no one hasn't yet.

7. Fundillo

Fundillo Loaded Pockets

I would say the BDU 50/50 material is heavier than the RS fabric.
    The pants themselves weigh less for sure but that might also have to do with them not having the cargo pockets on the legs

8. thegut

thegut Loaded Pockets

I was out ice climbing the other day in my Ranger LT. I sat around, climbed, and slept in it for 3 days and it did wonderfully. I used it almost always as a base layer but when I was climbing it did a good job keeping my warm but not so warm that I was dripping sweat.
    [​IMG]

9. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Wow! Uh... I am significantly less athletic. Well done, sir!

thegut likes this.
  10. UsubM

UsubM Loaded Pockets

I got my Covert RS pants earlier this week, and I have to say that I love them. They're my 3rd pair of TAD pants after an Amphibian pant and Covert DC, and it's just about the best combination of those two. Lightweight cotton/nylon blend between those two extremes and the same pocket orientation that I love on the DC pants. I'm very glad that I went with these pants over a second set of Amphibian pants or a new pair of jeans.

11. UsubM

UsubM Loaded Pockets

double post

12. thatguy

thatguy Loaded Pockets

For those that complain about them being out of stock on items - you really have to be checking hourly for some stuff.. I snagged a Large, gray Shag Master last week by just being at the right place (their website) at the right time (when they put a few up for sale).. Within minutes they were sold out of all the larges..

I have a ranger hoodie and love it.. I put off buying TAD because of the price, but after dropping cash here and there looking for the 'perfect' fleece jacket i decided to treat myself to a Ranger.. they used premium fabric and I like the style of the jackets..

there are other alternatives (like TNF) but prices are comparable - except the others go on sale at times..

Ill try to get some pics of my Shag posted when i get it

brian

13. twogunmojo

twogunmojo Banned

seems to me that the big bang theory crowd is the only group that has time to do that...i am nobodies fan boy...my work keeps me away from home 12 hours a day...i just checked their website for a warden scarf...still out of stock...at this rate it will be winter again before they get them back in stock...

14. thatguy

thatguy Loaded Pockets

Twogunmojo - i agree - the ppl that are online all day do have a better chance of catching restocks.. I was just randomly looking something up (just like i did the warden scarf - I hadnt seen it before) and they had shags in stock - it appears that you cant even hesitate though, otherwise its will be gone..

Im not sure if their demand/supply idea is good or bad -I prefer the idea of 'im going to buy this today' and then do it versus 'hope they have it in stock' but it seems to work with ppl always wanting stuff

Have you tried asking on the 'tad junkies' fb page if anyone has one to sell?

brian

15. twogunmojo

twogunmojo Banned

personally i need a new hobby..i think i will revisit my youth and try my crocheting/knitting skills again...i least i will have a scarf in the color and size i want...

16. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

Just got a Ranger Hoodie and I love it!

[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk!

thegut likes this.
  17. Peruvianmagic

Peruvianmagic Loaded Pockets

What they say about TAD gear is true. It's even so awesome that it transcends time and space. From a long time ago...in a galaxy far far away... a praetorian hoodie.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAKplumber and jeepsrjason like this.
  18. Peruvianmagic

Peruvianmagic Loaded Pockets

Did not mean to post that picture twice.

19. volcomonix

volcomonix Loaded Pockets

I just ordered a pair of Force 10 AC pants. I hope they fit true to size

20. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Please report back and let us know.