1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD Gear F.A.S.T. Pack EDC v4 released

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Cryptic, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Elmo

Elmo Loaded Pockets

this thread may help

long term

2. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

I can get away with a Patagonia MLC for two weeks in Europe; no problem. For tropical climates, a day pack like the EDC does plenty (this includes some camera gear) for me for a week.

3. Rcas

Rcas Loaded Pockets

I have an EDC V3 that I carried every day for the past year and a half both for school and 3 day field training exercises. If the V4 is anything like the V3 then it'll be amazing, mine is comfortable as hell, I can stuff it full of gear and the zippers never have a problem, and if anything goes wrong with it (seam rip, stiching coming up) TAD will repair and ship it back to you at no charge no questions asked (have person experience with this after the bottom compression strap started to come out from me yanking it too hard securing my sleeping bag). Oh ya, its also decently water resistant, I take it skiing and everything stays dry.

4. WoodMotorsports

WoodMotorsports Loaded Pockets

My V4 EDC arrived last week and it is a VERY nice pack, though may be a bit large for my EDC. I had planned to use it for EDC replacing at Max Jumbo that is stuffed to the gills, but I may be rethinking that and making it my "tacticool" bag for shooting sports and for when I ride the bike or motorcycle to work. I am happy the "tail" is removable on this one, though I wish there were PALS on the pocket under it. For the Army guys it's pretty comparable in size to the MOLLE assault pack.

5. Pardner

Pardner Loaded Pockets

Aye, EDC means different things to many people and I agree that the EDC4 is more of a day pack than an EDC bag. Just got it for Christmas. Not really comparable to the Xray which to me is the large end of EDC (Scout would be my medium and E&E my small). The EDC4 is betteer compared to the Express/Mollex or Marauder in the Kifaru line. I'm sure I'll have more to say when I get more use out of it.

6. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

Same, I think the Litespeed is more of an EDC pack.

7. sanddragger28

sanddragger28 Empty Pockets

Are these packs really built any better then mexpeditions to justify such an increase in price????

8. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

I have a ton of Maxped stuff and really like most of it but my Litespeed is a cut above when it comes to materials and hardware.
    Whether that difference is enough to justify the price difference......I can't answer for anyone but myself,but the fact it is noticably nicer and has a tag that says Made in America make it worth it to me.

Mike

9. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

My sentiments are the same (though I only have a few samples of both). TAD is noticeably a cut above. Like I mean, by far.

"Better" is a very subjective term.

10. Proc

Proc Loaded Pockets

The ups man dropped mine off today. I brand spanking new foliage edc pack. I will give a review directly.

11. 1holegrouper

1holegrouper Loaded Pockets

I have both as well and my preference is Kifaru. I can't find another manufacturer that comes even close to matching Kifaru's belt suspension system. As an added bonus the workmanship, materials, fit and finish are second to none. Though I think Mystery Ranch and TAD are basically equal on everything but the suspension system. When you compare brands with Kifaru when carrying a load that is what will sell you.