1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD Gear customer information stolen

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Cryptic, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Cryptic

Cryptic Loaded Pockets

2. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

THIS HAPPENED TO ME 2 WEEKS AGO AFTER I DID AN ORDER ON TAD GEAR.I HAD MY CARD CANCELLED AND LUCKILY MY FRAUD PROTECTION ON MY CARD SPOTTED IT.BE CAREFUL!

3. V a a m Y o b

V a a m Y o b Loaded Pockets

:censored:, I'm one of the lucky that bought something within that timeframe.
    FYI, here's where you can order your free credit report from all 3 bureaus at once.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Georgia (and some other states) residents are allowed 2 free reports per year, everybody else is allowed 1.

4. Akilae

Akilae Loaded Pockets

No sooner I saw this when my cc company called with a fraud alert. All I gotta say is... thank goodness for virtual account numbers! Use them people!

5. Elmo

Elmo Loaded Pockets

TAD Gear security problems

If you are a TAD Gear user I recommend you get to their web site ASAP and check out the security breach. Quoted in part below:

:mad:

6. V a a m Y o b

V a a m Y o b Loaded Pockets

7. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the heads up... also placed an order here within those dates. Now to watch the accounts closely... :police:

Edit: Just for giggles canceled the card used, too. :censored: crooks.

8. BCountryTrekker

BCountryTrekker Loaded Pockets

:iagree:
    Shread, Shread, Shread. Don't tempt the dumpster divers.

Virtual account numbers whenever possible.

Limit the information that is available about you on the internet.

Have a low threshold to cancel account numbers and get a fresh card.

Get the security fob for $5 from paypal.

9. grapple

grapple Empty Pockets

I placed an order within this time frame. I'll have to watch carefully. Maybe I will notify American Express and have them assign me a new card with a new number.

Does anyone know when they posted this to their site? I saw it early this morning...but the link to the statement is in very tiny font on the index page...I feel as if it should be bigger so that it can grab viewers attention more, given the gravity of the situation.

10. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

Just did a credit check and no funny business so far. My check card was compromised and my bank caught it right away.

11. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

That sucks. I had it happen a couple times at a local grocery store chain. (Although I think it was just the CC number, not other information.) Probably best to just order a new card/number as grapple mentions. That's what Mastercard did for me automatically each time it happened.

12. edcer

edcer Loaded Pockets

TAD Gear Customer Data Breach

This notice is to inform our customers of a security incident at TAD Gear. We recently learned that our database was illegally accessed from an external source, and it appears that some customer data were taken, which may include customer names, contact information and credit card data. The possibility of a security breach came to our attention when certain customers notified us that unauthorized charges had appeared on their credit cards. Upon learning of the potential breach of security, TAD Gear immediately initiated an investigation, and took corrective steps based on the advice of an internet security firm. We have also contacted law enforcement.

If you purchased merchandise from TAD Gear on-line between August 6, 2009 and November 16, 2009, and the credit card used to purchase that merchandise is still valid, in order to protect yourself from the possibility of identity theft or misuse of your credit card information, we recommend that you immediately contact the issuer of that credit card and close your account. Tell them that your account may have been compromised. If you want to open a new account, ask your credit card issuer to give you a PIN or password, as this will help control access to the account.

In addition, we recommend that you place a fraud alert on your credit files. A fraud alert lets creditors know to contact you before opening new accounts. Just call any one of the three credit reporting agencies at a number below. This will let you automatically place fraud alerts with all of the agencies. You will then receive letters from all of them, with instructions on how to get a free copy of your credit report from each.

Experian
    888-397-3742 Equifax
    866-640-2273 TransUnion
    877-701-5276
    www.experian.com www.equifax.com www.transunion.com

When you receive your credit reports, look them over carefully. Look for accounts you did not open. Look for inquiries from creditors that you did not initiate. And look for personal information, such as your home address and Social Security number, which is not accurate. If you see anything you do not understand, call the credit reporting agency at the telephone number on the report.

If you do find suspicious activity on your credit reports, call your local police or sheriff’s office and file a police report of identity theft. Get a copy of the police report. You may need to give copies of the police report to creditors to clear up your records. Even if you do not find any signs of fraud on your reports, we recommend that you check your credit report every three months for the next year. Just call one of the numbers above to order your reports and keep the fraud alert in place.

For more information on identity theft, we suggest that you visit the web site of the California Office of Privacy Protection at www.privacy.ca.gov, or the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft. If there is anything TAD Gear can do to assist you, please email us at action@tadgear.com, a special email address that we have set up to help answer your questions.

On a going-forward basis, in order to help assure the security of your information, all users will be required to recreate their usernames and change passwords upon logging onto our newly redesigned, TAD Gear website. Please note that the password change process is only initiated when you come to the TAD Gear website and as a result an email is sent to you. Do not respond to any other unsolicited emails regarding password changes from TAD Gear. TAD Gear will not contact you by email regarding a password change unless you initiate such a change on the TAD Gear website in accordance with the instructions above.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this might have caused you. We take the protection of our customers' personal information very seriously. TAD Gear is making additional, significant investments in enhancing the safety and security features on our website so that you may feel confident using it. While no company can completely prevent unauthorized access to data, we are committed to ensuring that our data is protected by the highest levels of security.

If you have any questions or need further information regarding this incident, please do not hesitate to contact us.

https://www.tadgear.com/content.php?id=38

13. MandM

MandM Loaded Pockets

Oh they got me. :thumbsdown: 4 different charges... about $200. Just called Chase reported the fraud, closed the account and got a new card on the way.

At least I saw the notice and checked. :rant:

14. Bamajay73

Bamajay73 Loaded Pockets

I placed an order with them recently by phone & emailed them to see if I needed to alert my card company. They responded promptly saying that as long as I did not use the credit card on their website, I should be fine. Phone orders are handled through a separate system, the information is not kept online.
    I still called to check my balance & did a free credit report anyway. You can never be too careful. I've had my paypal account hacked into about a year ago and over $2000 worth of purchases made in2 days time.

15. Devil505

Devil505 Empty Pockets

I got nailed the last time this happened to them. I just ordered some patches and that will be it for me, unfortunatley. :thumbsdown:

16. Cryptic

Cryptic Loaded Pockets

Wait- this happened to them before?!?! :mob:

They've posted this in a small section of their site (which is having massive problems), and in a small notice on FaceBook. I don't see why they haven't emailed all of their customers yet.

17. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

:baa: Merged three threads about the same subject and moved to general discussion, since this isn't about clothing or bags.

This is making me glad I've always used Paypal with them, even if it takes an extra month or two. And I think it's been almost a year since I last ordered something from them, but I'll check my CC history all the same. Thanks for the warning.

18. herman30

herman30 Loaded Pockets

Good thing I have made all the TAD buying this year from their finnish dealer Operator.fi.

19. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

unfortunatley i think i'm all set with them also.it was a big pain in the :censored: to go back and update all my accounts, i'm sure i've missed some.also the item i bought -a classic workshirt -did not fit me so i had to send it back but since the card i used was hacked and replaced they could not refund my purchase to that card and i did not recieve my new card and since i will never give these bozos my credit info again i have to wait for a company check.
    should see that check real soon,yeah real soon !!!

20. WoodMotorsports

WoodMotorsports Loaded Pockets

I did get an email from the CEO, but I had emailed them about my account being compromised before they released the above statement. This really sucks, but I still love my Ranger Hoodie.