1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TAD Gear colors issue

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by NYguy, Sep 21, 2017.

1. NYguy

NYguy Loaded Pockets

Hi guys,

I feel like I'm the only one who is disappointed with TAD Gear orders. I have 2 base layers and 2 jackets from TAD by now. Each order came with some :censored: reaction because the colors never look like what's advertised on their site. The colors shipped are correct at least on labels but they look very different in person. I do a ton of online clothes shopping and TAD is the only brand I'm having this poor experience with.

This week I ordered a 2nd Pursuit Half zip this time in gunmetal. It came looking not the grey as clearly shown on their site but almost identical in color to my other Pursuit Half zip which is in Slate. I got so frustrated that I decided to post here. The other orders with disappointing colors I kept because the clothes serve their function well, but this time I'm just ticked off for good and I will be returning it.

Anyone with similar experiences?

2. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

First, I really like a lot of the clothing and gear that TAD produces.

With that out of the way, from an operational standpoint, TAD is a very poorly run company. I'm not sure that this issue translates to the product photography on their website, but it does translate into a lot of negatives.

Personally, I've found the best approach to TAD's colors is to look for amateur photos of the items in the real world. You can, of course, post up here in the forum or on a Facebook page like TAD junkies requesting photos of specific items.

On the positive side, TAD's customer service is excellent and returns - for almost any reason - are usually pain-free.

sewer_rat likes this.
  3. NYguy

NYguy Loaded Pockets

I asked TAD to email me pics of what my item should look like for me to make a decision if I should return it or exchange it. After 3 days of waiting for their reply, they didn't send me pics, but did say that my pics kinda look like the right color. They offered for me to ship them the item for evaluation. I'm not interested in losing time and money on back and forth shipments, especially since they're not confident in how their clothes look. I sent this back for a full refund. I'll still be ordering from TAD, but other brands are starting to appeal more, who also make comparative clothes and consumer experience is better.

4. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

The last time I bought stuff from TAD Gear (in person), the staff member mentioned that the shorts I was buying wasn't selling well and on sale because the color looked funny on the website. Their silly color names and lots of slightly different drab colors don't help them at all.

I agree that their pictures tend towards looking cool rather than accurate.

5. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

Doesn't just apply to their clothing - I bought a foliage OP1 to mount on my foliage Litespeed.....Two completely different colours.