1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tactile Turn Bolt Pen Revealed!

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Nusm, Sep 1, 2016.

1. specv510

specv510 Loaded Pockets

I think the TiBolt clip is perfect. I switch between shirt pocket and pants pocket and it handles both well. The Karas clips are way overkill and Tactile Turn clips come in a close second(to me anyway). Not sure if the clip design changed on the glider/slider since I still haven't even got a shipping notice! I'm backer #211, didn't ask for extra machining for the space pen refill, and ordered a copper and a titanium. I'm going out of town for a week and now I'll have to wait even longer! Sorry, rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

Have you ever logged in your Backerkit account? You may find out some useful info there.

3. specv510

specv510 Loaded Pockets

Backerkit just says they're ready to ship. I'm not upset, just impatient. :unsure:

4. BASR

BASR Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I got my titanium Slider in today. The machining quality on it is superb. I took out the included Schmidt EasyFlow 9000 refill and dropped in a shortened Uni-ball Signo 207 refill for now. I tried a Pentel EnerGel refill, but the needle tip caused a little play.

I wouldn't say the pocket clip is overkill. Maybe overbuilt, but in a good "I don't have to worry about it" way. This looks like it'll be a great EDC pen to jot down notes.

TV09, Hi-up Lineman and Eskerbillion like this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Loaded Pockets

O No, looks like the diameter on the slider is much smaller than the shaker! The grip diameter of my aluminum shaker is why I like it so much. Still watching the mail for my new ti slider to arrive.

Still looking for a Ti Shaker if anyone has one that needs a new home!

6. BASR

BASR Loaded Pockets

Anyone else having problems with the bolt unscrewing from normal use? I've tried blue Loctite-ing it twice but it continues to back out from the open/close motion.

7. DGGoingUphill

DGGoingUphill Loaded Pockets

I just got my glider, and immediately came across two issues. The spring is too short and can't be stretched enough to hold the bolt in place in the retracted position (there's a a bit of slop that doesn't effect use, but allows it to jiggle). Also, it may have just eaten my Pilot RT refill because the step inside the nose is catching the plastic part of the refill. The G2 refill seems to be fine, as it has more metal in its construction.

8. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

I received my SS Glider, and it has the same issues as you stated here. I guess the spring was for the slider, not the glider.

The spring is too weak for machined pens.

9. DGGoingUphill

I'm afraid it may also be a design issue -- that the track goes almost horizontal at the top, so it would require a lot of force to keep the bolt in place. I have tried some other springs. A stretched G2 works, but is very, very stiff at the bottom of the stroke. A uniball 307 refill with a Uniball stretched spring actually felt good. That spring won't work with the G2 type refills.

All I really want is a MMC TiBolt that takes G2 sized refills! Guess this may not be it. I do love the aesthetic of the of the Glider, though. The Finial is beautifully shaped and proportioned, and while some say it's stocky, the more abrupt tip gives the pen a jet engine sort of look when a G2 refill is extended, which is interesting and a little different.

10. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

The bolt became loose after one hour play.

11. THX2008

THX2008 Loaded Pockets

Can anyone who's taken their bolt out completely tell me how far it screws into the internal piece. Don't wanna take mine out to loctite it, as it seems pretty solid so far, but also don't want to reach into my pocket and find it's disappeared without warning.
    Love the weight and feel of the pen- ti Slider, but quickly replaced stock spring with a stretched generic I robbed from another pen. Much better. The top "slop" I can live with.

12. DGGoingUphill

This isn't good to hear. Also, my clip was floating above the pen body, so I had to adjust that. I reassembled without adding additional loctite. I hope it holds. I am impressed with Will's ability to get so many out the door so fast, but even though he supposedly checks each one before it goes, he may have stretched himself too thin.

I am a fan of how far it retracts, meaning I can use wetter refills, but when I hold this thing, all I can think is how much more thought out and refined the MaxMadCo is. I wasn't expecting the Glider to be in the same class, especially given the price difference, but I was expecting a closer contest. If only I could find a refill I like for the MMC...

13. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Last edited by TiBoy, Nov 28, 2016
  14. EricV

EricV Loaded Pockets

I see somebody is already flipping one on that popular auction site... my slider should be here later today.

15. BASR

BASR Loaded Pockets

I also have that slop at the top of the track, but I agree with DGGoingUphill. I think the horizontal design of it causes some issue with that. The Signo 207 refill+spring definitely feels a lot better though.

[​IMG]

Last edited by BASR, Nov 26, 2016
    THX2008 and EricV like this.
  16. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

Two pens ($79 & $100) over there already!

17. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

It takes 4 full turns to uncrew the bolt.

THX2008 likes this.
  18. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I would think red loctite or even a dab of super glue would keep the screw attached to the bolt? Do you see any evidence of loctite on
    the screw?

In regards to the springs I could have swore in the comments he originally said he may ship the pens (glider anyway) with both springs?
    I know the KK Retrakt comes with 2 springs and a Parker refill spacer.

19. EricV

EricV Loaded Pockets

Very happy with my brass glider and upgraded Damascus thumb bolt. I do think the design would be improved by flattening out the arc to keep spring tensions higher but on this one it's fine. Beautifully executed though! [​IMG]

Eskerbillion likes this.
  20. DGGoingUphill

My bolt loosened up today. So far, it's needed a new spring, a reset to the clip and thread lock on the bolt peg. Ugh. But it looks and writes so well... Also, I'm concerned that with a spring that provides the needed force for one end of the bolt, it's over stressing the bolt path and the bolt at the other. I'd love for this to be my daily writer, but I'm concerned about reliability.