1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tactile Turn Bolt Pen Revealed!

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Nusm, Sep 1, 2016.

1. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

Yes, I almost didn't buy it because of the cost, but I'm glad I did. The size is perfect for EDC. It carries in my "5th" pocket in my jeans and I tend to forget about it. I've always avoided pens this expensive but I'm glad I bought it. It is my first Fellhoelter pen and if I'm being honest the bolt action on my Maxmadco Pen is smoother/better. The Fellhoelter Mini is incredible though.

I can't wait for my Tactile Turn bolt action!

Eskerbillion likes this.
  2. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

I can't wait for your thoughts on MaxMadco vs Glider.

Last edited by TiBoy, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

What are your thoughts on the Lamy m22? That's what holds me back from purchasing the TiNyBolt - that it will only take that one refill and nothing else. I've never used that refill, but I haven't heard great things about it.

4. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I had one Lamy pen...doesn't take the M22 but the larger, also proprietary, refill ..for the blue I hated it..so light and dry. I've stayed away from all Lamy ballpoints since. If you write in black you may do better. Maybe new fresh Lamy refills are better these days.

5. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

I've heard that from others too - that they don't like the way the refill writes, and it's so proprietary that nothing else can be hacked to work.

Such a shame. If the TiNyBolt took or could be hacked for a different refill (like say the space pen refill), I'd jump on it in a second. I salivate over the the pen, and I've kept the sale page in a tab on my browser trying to talk myself into buying, but I just can't pull the trigger.

Eskerbillion likes this.
  6. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

This is my first experience with it. It isn't messy, writes pretty well. It performs as I would expect a pen to. Every time I've deployed the pen to write it has done so without any failure. It hasn't leaked. I hasn't picked up any dirt or lint. It isn't the smoothest refill, but honestly I like it better than the G2 which I find to be, messy. Every G2 I've used has had a messy tip. So far I'd put it about on par with my experience with the schmidt easy flow 900...well, maybe a step below that.

Eskerbillion likes this.
  7. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

I don't really care for the fisher space pen refill. Its nice because it is pressurized but it doesn't write any better than the Lamy M22, at least in my experience over the last two weeks.

8. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

Will plans to start shipping next week.

9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I've had decent experience with the Lamy M22 in blue or black. Just stay away from red. Dries out way too quick. Meaning it stops writing far sooner than I would expect for what I used it for.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

10. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

Yep, it was supposed to be this week, but he's running a week behind. That's really no big deal, but I can't WAIT to get my hot little hands on my DLC titanium Slider!

11. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

What made you choose DLC coating?

12. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

I don't know really, I just thought it would be cool. I have several anodized pens, but the anodizing always seems to scratch or chip off. Will answered a question on Kickstarter about DLC coating, and how it's different from anodizing, really tough, and not prone to scratch. I have a DLC Fellhoelter that I never use because I feel like the pen is too big, but I do like the DLC coating on it, so I decided to go in on a DLC Slider. Just to hedge my bets (and because I just couldn't help myself at that price), I went ahead and got a regular titanium Glider too, so...

13. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

Anyone got a pen in their hands yet? I know Will said he was a week behind, but I was wondering if anyone has received theirs yet. If so, post pics.

Funny, I checked my mailbox eight times today, and it wasn't there a single time. Hang on, going to check again......

14. Hi-up Lineman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hi-up Lineman Loaded Pockets

Waiting on mine as well. I funded a Cu Slider for myself and a Stainless Slider for my son. Can't wait to get them in my sweaty palms!

PLUS, I'm in Texas, so shipping shouldn't take as long. He's only a few hours from me!

15. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

No update on KS, so no shipping yet.

16. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

He posted a picture of the ti bolts on his instagram today..he's assembling pens.

17. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I'm looking forward to deciding how I feel about the Slider vs. my EDC Maxmadco Ti. And because I'm a sucker for black DLC, how I feel about the uncoated titanium Slider vs. the black DLC titanium Slider.

18. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

One more week to wait.

19. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

I'm trying not to be impatient, but patience isn't one of my better virtues.... :)

chaosmagnet likes this.
  20. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

Monday again