1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tactile Turn Bolt Pen Revealed!

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Nusm, Sep 1, 2016.

1. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Fat nose is good. It won't do as much (permanent) damage if you jab an annoying supervisor so you can finish your paperwork in peace. :p

Seeing if I can scratch together enough to responsibly pull off a zirconium on top of the copper one I'm already in for. But there's no holidays coming up til October!

2. Slacker

Slacker Loaded Pockets

Sorry Bad Company, I'm taking the Shaker to the grave with me unless the Ti Slider works out. I really like the diameter of the Shaker and hope the Slider fits the same way in my hand. I'm on the hunt for a Ti Shaker myself but looks like no one wants to part with one.

3. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Slacker
    No worries brother! I would not get rid of mine either.
    Me thinks that you'll like Will's new pens.
    Cheers and Beers

4. EricV

EricV Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the heads up on these! Been looking for a nice brass bolt pen and these look fantastic!

5. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I know some think this is just another machined/bolt pen but I think these are the most interesting pens on planet at the moment. Parker and the other pen companies should really take note of the pen, demand, and marketing etc.. .you don't see anyone getting excited over say Parker's new lineup where they changed all the clips on their existing pens to look cheaper..any new models from Parker and Cross are just another finish and more internal plastic.

6. Bad Company

RMinNJ
    I don't think that this is just another bolt pen. It's apparent that Will looked at all the other bolt pens out there. He evaluated what does and doesn't work, and came up with his own unique spin on the pen. He chose a "C- shaped " action, as opposed to the "J-slot " that literally everyone else is doing. In my opinion, Will machines his pens "better " than anyone else out there. There are fancier pens with more slots, bevels, dimples, ridges than his, but his simple design is better machined than theirs.

7. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Yeah..it's not just another pen.. we're all saying Will please take our money.

Bad Company likes this.
  8. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

• SS Backers ~350
    • Br Backers ~180
    • Cu Backers ~280
    • Ti Backers ~600
    • DLC Ti Backers ~100
    • Zirc Backers ~120
    • Damascus Steel Backers ~34
    • ------------------------------------------
    • $157,840
    What a run!

TV09 likes this.
  9. bj warkentin

bj warkentin Loaded Pockets

and one of the Titanium Gliders is mine, all mine (mwhaaahaha...). Not bad for a 2 week campaign with a 50K goal, and the BEST part is Will is most of the way through making them and will be shipping them out towards the end of October!

10. jpwaffles
    • In Omnia Paratus

jpwaffles Loaded Pockets

This might just be the pen I was looking for. I've only had experience with Karas Kustoms pens, love copper and the G2 refill. The Karas Kustoms Bolt G2 was too long. Fountain K Cu was too heavy. Found my ideal length/weight in the brass Retrakt. The Cu Glider is the same length and .2 oz lighter :frantic:

11. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

More backers chose Gliders over Sliders.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  12. Bad Company

2037....that's a lot of pens for one man to make.
    Good luck Will!

13. bj warkentin

bj warkentin Loaded Pockets

Will and 2 temp machinists... He is running his shop 24/7 right now.

14. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

15. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Nice review..it's a bit more critical than even I am about my pens..it knocks off points because he can see the seam in the middle of the pen. I agree that's a cool feature not to see it but hardly a show stopper for even a pen it like me...I'm sure Wills seam transition is smooth even it can be seen. The seam on my Jotter sticks out 1mm on one side i swear and I can always feel a seam variance on the Retro Tornadoes, Cross etc. Its interesting how Will has kept the price down...100 dollars will get you a plastic filled Cross or Parker with many pressed on pieces..

16. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

Tony likes his Maxmadco more.

[​IMG]
    (Tony's pic)

17. DGGoingUphill

DGGoingUphill Loaded Pockets

I'm really looking forward to the amount of throw the Glider has compared to other clicky's and bolts. I love the feel of the Maxmadco, but I'd never put a gel or rollerball refill in it because of the possibility of the retracted tip coming into contact with some lint or fabric in my pocket, sucking out ink (I've had it happen). While it may not be as smooth, the Glider's bolt track should prevent more accidental extension in the pocket (it looks sort of locked when retracted) and also keep the tip much further back into the pen.

18. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    (Tony's pic)

Glider in Zinc

19. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

I have a MMC and Glider on order and a Fellhoelter mini. I carry the Fellhoelter mini as my EDC because it is small. The MMC stays in my notebook holder and a Slider on the way. I have 4 TT pens already and I love them (two of them are currently on loan, one to my son in college, one to my brother). I do like the bolt action on the MMC better than the Fellhoelter. The bolt action on the MMC is...amazing.

Eskerbillion likes this.
  20. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

Fellhoelter's Tibolt mini is so cute & expensive!