1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tactile Turn Bolt Pen Revealed!

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Nusm, Sep 1, 2016.

1. MKLight

MKLight Loaded Pockets

I currently use the Ti Maxmadco and the Tactile Turns Shaker Ti. I've also been using the Machines Era Pocket Pen in SS (not pictured) since it takes the Uniball Signo 207/307...which I like. The Max is a little thin, but fits well in a short, jacket, or pants pocket. The Tactile Turn Shaker in Ti is nice, too. I like the Fellhoelter, but can be a bit large (in length) depending on where I'm at. Jim at Maxmadco, Will at Tactile Turn, and Chadwick at BigIDesign all provide excellent customer service. I haven't had any communication with Fellhoelter or Machine Era. I think any of these pens are great...but if you're into pens...none will be your last...;-) Sorry about that...and enjoy!!!

gnibur likes this.
  2. MKLight

MKLight Loaded Pockets

The Maxmadco Ti (I also have an original in SS) is extremely well made and has an amazing lifetime warranty. The cost is worth it with the excellent customer service Jim provides.

I agree with you about the TiBolt. I like it, but not sure if it works for me as an EDC.

I tried to get in with the SS at $39, but hit the $49 level. I tried ordering both the SS and Ti, but ended up going with the Ti since I know I would order it eventually...if all feels good, I'll go for the SS, too.

3. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I know with one of my emails with Will he mention how the ti bolt bolt digs the hand and he was designing his not to.

MKLight likes this.
  4. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

I just pledged for an SS as well as a Ti. I have always had an excellent customer service experience from Will. He runs a tight business machine.

MKLight likes this.
  5. AgileElephant667

AgileElephant667 Empty Pockets

I pledged for a copper glider. I couldn't help myself. This will be my first bolt action pen and I'm pretty excited.

Hi-up Lineman likes this.
  6. BLeon

BLeon Loaded Pockets

Pledged for the Ti pen and can't wait! I have the Maxmadco SS and love it. Want the Ti version of it, but the price is the only thing stopping me. Hopefully this pen will satisfy me for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Bad Company

There are very few if any bolt action pens that will accept a Pilot G2 refill.
    Used to have the Fellhoelter, but sold it due to the lack of refill compatability, plus that gear shift sized bolt was just plain too large and kept digging into my paws.
    The Pilot G2 is my absolute favorite gel ink refill.
    That is why I'm backing Will's campaign.
    His bolt pens will accept the G2. Glider with no mods/Slider with a small mod.

8. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

How heavy is your SS Maxmadco? The SS Glider is 2.1oz (60g), which is very heavy for my liking. I don't think I can write with it for a very long period of time. But at $39, I just want to try it out.

9. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

According to Jim Madrid's page where he sells them, the stainless Maxmadco pens are 1.75 oz. So the stainless Glider comes in at just over a quarter of an ounce heavier.

10. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

Thanks. The difference (10g) is the weight of a normal Pilot G2.

11. BLeon

BLeon Loaded Pockets

The maxmadco is heavy but not too bad. Everyone who handles it talks about the weight. I don't write for long periods of time so it hasn't been an issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Slacker

Slacker Loaded Pockets

Just got my hands on a aluminum Shaker from our very own pen guru RMinNJ. I like it so much I wanted a Ti version but had to settle for a Ti Slider because the Shaker and Mover are no longer produced. Boo! If anyone knows or is done with a Ti shaker or Mover please send me a pm.

Last edited by Slacker, Sep 18, 2016
  13. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Glad to hear the Shaker is loved. You can ask will why he doesn't make them anymore...I know he worked hard on the glider/slider design ..hoping it's an evolution from his shaker/mover.

14. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

15. Bad Company

I have an older Mover in aluminum. I'm in the market for a Shaker in aluminum or titanium.

16. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

penaddict has his short review up.. says the refill tip does not extend enough.. I know people get annoyed (me also) with tip extension and tip wiggle. We will see.. I'm more annoyed if it doesnt retract far enough.

clickypost has a video review up. Tip looks like like it extends fine there. ..and oh..at 12:49 in...you can see how the tip on the Shaker does not retract far at all.

Last edited by RMinNJ, Sep 19, 2016
  17. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

What a fat nose it has!

18. Bad Company

@TiBoy-

Fatter nose? What do you mean? The new Slider/Glider are actually "smaller/thinner " in diameter than the older Mover/Shaker. New nose looks slimmer than Mover/ Shaker.

19. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

20. Bad Company

Too much ado about nothing !
    Not going to stop me from buying Will's products!
    He's a good guy, and makes excellent products!