1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tactical

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Karmakanic, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Sharaz_Jek

Sharaz_Jek Loaded Pockets

When I bought my Red Rock assault pack for EDC, I chose black. Even though it's molle and all that, black seems to neutralize it a bit. I don't think it stands out nearly as much as OD green, coyote tan, camo, etc. Not that I have to worry about it in my area but I've been doing more travelling lately so it seemed prudent.

2. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

i thought i would add a bumpy here, just saw a comercial for a "semi automatic" screw driver from lowes, it has a slide to load new bits and has phoney picatiny rail on it. ROFLMAO!!!

Orlando Marquez, Dedrich and Doraemon like this.
  3. Dedrich

Dedrich Loaded Pockets

What about "extreme tactical" items?

CountyComm has extreme tactical flashlights. :bounce:

Moco likes this.
  4. BalancedEdge

BalancedEdge Loaded Pockets

Found this while looking at sling bags. Tactical concealed man purse.
    [​IMG]

Doraemon and Dedrich like this.
  5. Dedrich

Dedrich Loaded Pockets

this is so funny i might just die laughing.

6. BalancedEdge

BalancedEdge Loaded Pockets

Anyone else seen the "Survival Grenade?" Bunch of altoid kit stuff wrapped in paracord, marketed as designed by a military sniper and cornering the mall ninja market. Perfect to pair with your "pocket ninja." :p
    [​IMG]

Doraemon likes this.
  7. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Several manufacturers offer several variations of the "Survival Grenade".... some at the lower tier of $9.95 all the way up to $50-$70.

This immediately springs to mind

[​IMG]

Heaven forbid all you need out of the "grenade at some point is the needle and thread or fishing line/hooks. You get to disassemble the grenade and search for what you need with a pile of paracord around your ankles... in the dark.... with misty rain setting it... as you drop bits and pieces in the leaves of late Fall.

In a hummingbird's heartbeat, I think I would have opted for all the gear nicely organized in one of the many pocket organizers available on the market. In many cases, some of the marginal contents replaced with better alternatives that just take a modicum more space (replacing the ITW buckle whistle with a Fox40 Howler, instance).

What's really disturbing is some of the ad verbiage that accompanies some of these offerings....
    One claims that the carabiner pictured is rated for 500 lbs.

[​IMG]

Yeah. Apparently this is for use... when your are being airlifted out of a ravine by flying pigs.

Another extolls the virtues of using some of that spare paracord as a tourniquet.... oh let's not be worrying about things like vascular damage.

Sigh....

[​IMG]

ATB,
    Sam

de Vries, tooiewah, Doraemon and 3 others like this.
  8. Gilatabar
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gilatabar Loaded Pockets

I think the saddest things in this kit are the matches. If you're ever in real trouble/survival situation/wathever, these matches won't help your situation :banghead:

9. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

But...but...marketing! ;)

10. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Designed to appeal to those who don't know any better, and are relying on it in a real emergency. The creators should be fricking ashamed of themselves. Especially if someone dies of hypothermia due to relying on that B.S. thing.

Gilatabar likes this.
  11. Gilatabar
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gilatabar Loaded Pockets

Everybody knows that in this "business", knowledge is more important. I don't really know what you could do with a scalpel blade in an emergency situation. Sure, you can cut some rope or open a letter, but then what?
    But I think it's just for fun. You can carry that but don't rely on it, otherwise it's sad and dangerous as you said. :rolleyes:

Monocrom likes this.
  12. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Sadly, plenty of folks still rely on the "Experts" for making things easy on them. In this busy world, that mentality is actually somewhat understandable.

One thing that always puzzled me.... Doug Ritter is hugely respected in this area. With his small survival kits being some of the best commercially available ones out there. Yet, he too includes a scalpel blade as the only included cutting tool in his smaller kits. Those blades are designed to be attached to plastic handles. But you don't get one. So there's nothing to actually hold onto. You're almost guaranteed to cut into the fingers holding the bare blade. Why?!?!.... Just makes no sense. Hell, a single-edged razor blade with a thin cardboard cover is incredibly thin but actually has a spot you can hold onto it.

GRH likes this.