1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tactical pen?

Discussion in 'Personal Security Devices & Self-Defense' started by irnstad, Feb 1, 2011.

1. irnstad

irnstad Loaded Pockets

I'm looking for a tactical pen that still functions well as a normal pen. Trying to keep price under $40 and I think I'd prefer click as opposed to screw on cap?

2. FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying a Smith & Wesson Pen.
    It is a screw top.
    Not my primary writing instrument but I do use it and am happy with it.

3. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

The only clickie tactical pen I am aware of is the Surefire pen and it is way over $40. Your other choice would be the Zebra pen from Staples. If you are open to twisty pens there are models by UZI, Tom Anderson and Azan that are under $20.

4. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

I have one of the S&W Pens with the snap on cap, and the smooth, not fluted body. Love it, writes well, great price. However, because of the weight, it usually stays tucked in my zippered portfolio, and a Zebra F-701 stays clipped to my shirt collar.

5. Bullosa

Bullosa Loaded Pockets

I have the S&W MP Pen...it is very affordable at $22.95 and strong enough to inflict serious damage in a defensive situation. The ballpoint ink works great but I want to point out that it will take the Fisher SPR4 refill which works great in lesser than ideal conditions. I just dont see why Benchmade and Surefire pens costs so much more when there isnt any engineering feat involve in this type of writing instruments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the best.

6. TheMadTrucker

TheMadTrucker Loaded Pockets

I don't know if this would be considered a tactical pen or not, but I have been carrying a County Comm Embassy pen. It's a screw top with a Fisher space pen med point refill. I LOVE this pen.

Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

7. Cobra4246
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cobra4246 Loaded Pockets

I have the S&W MP Pen I bought it at the forum store. It writes great I would recommend getting one. Also would work very well if needed in a defensive situation.

8. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

I hated the S&W pen - it was noticeably lighter than the CC Embassy pen and the Zebra 701. I ended up giving it away.

As far as the OP's request for a clickie tactical - the Zebra 701, mentioned previously, is an excellent performer with a clickie. And push come to shove, it feels like it'll hold up under abuse.

-Trevor

9. popedandy

popedandy Loaded Pockets

I think you are out of luck if you have to have a clickie with a tactical look at that price. However, if you can live with a stout pen that doesn't scream "tactical" you could probably go to Office Depot and find something that would work well. I picked up an Aldo Domani Razzo at Office Depot that is pretty stout and is a clickie. Nothing against the tactical look - I have several tactical pens - but sometimes I want something that looks more run-of-the-mill.

10. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Loaded Pockets

11. Eric.So

Eric.So Empty Pockets

Expensive, but I carry a rOtring 600 on me... machined out of a piece of solid brass. Very "technical" looking too.

12. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

I have the pull top as well as the screw top S&W pens, a best buy for the money IMHO. Fitted mine with the Fisher fine point refills that I prefer.

13. koolranch

koolranch Loaded Pockets

I own both the cc pen and the sw. I like the cc pen better, the sw is way to long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

I've used Parker Jotters for many years. My current favorite is an all-stainless-steel model. Writes nicely also. You can also get
    gel refills if the ballpoint refill isn't bold enough for you. I like both.

However for SD they don't have the blunt ends that are the best. For that I like the CC or the Hinderer Ti XD pen.

The Hinderer is nice because with the correct attachment you can put it on a keychain.

15. cutter17

cutter17 Empty Pockets

16. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Loaded Pockets

I've got the stainless model. Significantly stronger than the plastic/metal combo. As to blunt ends, I wasn't referring to that for locks, pressure points, etc. I was referring to using it as a piercing item if need be. If one does it right, a Jotter can be just as effective wth the points as can others.