1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tactical Pants help

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MarineLEO, Apr 30, 2019.

1. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

So I have been looking for some new pants for work. I am looking for a combination of both jeans and “dressier” looking pants. I don’t want cargo pants as they stand out a bit to much in the area I work. I work as a federal officer for the State Department, I don’t want to go into much more than that do to PERSEC. I’m new to this as previously my occupation consisted of military and then contractor so being overt in what I wore wasn't such a problem. I have tried to look through all the threads but most of the pants spoken about on the forums were a bit too “tactical” if you know what I mean.
    As for the features I would like the material to be stretchy, I have seen several brands with hidden mag pockets, the one feature I really want the pants to have hidden cuff key pockets on the inside of the leg openings or wherever. The price isn’t a problem as I need them for work and am willing to pay for quality, albeit not $500 or more hahaha.

JHGM likes this.
  2. maillet282

maillet282 Loaded Pockets

I know 511 tactical makes a more covert style clothing. I have a couple pairs of their jeans, super stretchy and comfortable, with multiple various pockets, and decently affordable. they also make a couple different styles in their covert lineup. it's worth a look at least.

good luck finding something that works for you

LivingUpNorth, huntnow and MarineLEO like this.
  3. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

Hey thanks Maillet282 I didn’t know they made these types of pants. I’m familiar with their taclight pants as Ive used them for years. I will take a look when I have a bigger screen to look at.

4. maillet282

maillet282 Loaded Pockets

the jeans fall into their Everyday 5 pocket pants style.

5. huntnow

huntnow Loaded Pockets

Can’t go wrong with 5.11. I have never been disappointed with their clothing. Boots on the other hand... As for the hidden cuff key, can you explain why that is a requirement? Just curious.

6. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

Huntnow well as I work overseas in the capacity of my job, its nice to have E&E gear spread over your body. I keep hidden cuff keys, ceramic razor, etc. on me at all times being an American and a government agent at that being prepared for the worst case scenario is why I want the pocket. You would be surprised the amount of Americans especially government employees that are kidnaped even if only for a very short time, that you never hear about in the media. Obviously I hope I never need it but I like to live my life prepared for the worst so I can handle anything just short of that.

JHGM likes this.
  7. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

+1 on 5.11 pants. I just received a pair of their Defender Flex slim fit pants and they're low profile and extremely comfortable. Little bit of stretch built in; AR mag pocket, too. They're not "skinny jeans" unless you have really muscular legs and never skip leg day.

Check out Vertx, too. Jeans and regular pants, an addition to traditional tactical pants.

nursetim 40 likes this.
  8. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't limit my search to pants with a cuff key pocket; too limiting. A small pocket can easily be added on anywhere you like.

nursetim 40 likes this.
  9. nursetim 40

nursetim 40 Empty Pockets

You can have a tailor place hidden cuff key anywhere you want. Find the material you like and pants. You can also have them put security pockets on either side as well.

10. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

nursetim 40 and MarineLEO like this.
  11. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

Karlito and Nursetim40 I am embarrassed to admit that I didn’t even think about having a tailor put a hidden pocket in the pants. That makes this such an easier search.

nursetim 40 likes this.
  12. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

These should work, quite well...

https://tripleaughtdesign.com/shop/agent-st-chino/

Best of luck in your search!

13. McNasty

McNasty Loaded Pockets

Take a look at Duluth Trading chinos..

14. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys!! I love this community!

15. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Though I work in a fairly casually dressed office these days, I didn't feel that my usual 5.11 tacticals were smart enough so I bought a lighter-weight 5.11 trouser in jean-cut pattern and they're brilliant.
    Lightweight, cool, look smart, easy to iron and still have added extra covert pockets. Can even add kneepads internally if you like.i bought 2 pairs, one blue and one charcoal.

16. Jean

Jean Loaded Pockets

JoS. A Bank, and others, will add features to dress slacks and blazers or suits. My kids call my suits cut to wear over stuff my fat guy suits. Mens Warehouse in Tyson's Corner
    used do whole Marine embassy guard classes in suits with accomodations. Asking a chief in that group could help.

17. pks

pks Loaded Pockets

Just bought a pair of 5.11 defender flex slim. Very good and affordable. The fit is good but not great -- at least not compare to uniqlo jeans. But love the organization.

P.K.