1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tactical Notebook Covers Military iPad Protector Case

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by JonSidneyB, Oct 20, 2013.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

military_ipad_holder_zoom.jpg

The Tactical iPad Protection Case was designed by a bunch of tech savvy, ambitious, nit-picky Canadians.
    • Works with all versions of IPads
    • Made using Military Grade 1000 denier cordura nylon.
    • Is padded with 1/4" of close cell foam throughout for extra shock resistance
    • Field tested and proven.
    • Provides easy access to all other documents such as Maps or SOPS you may need in a hurry.
    • Each IPad protector is made by one of our highly experienced seamstresses here in Canada.
    This IPad Proctector works as an extrem ely rugged, functional and well padded outdoor carrying case for your Personal Computing Device. Mostly used as an iPad case but any device that is 10" x 7" in size or smaller will fit quite nicely.There are simply so many features that have been designed into this case, that you will need to go to the "Details"tab to read an inch by inch description.
    Believe it or not, this product is actually not made overseas. It's made right here in my Factory, in New Brunswick Canada, by some pretty impressive ladies that have been working with me for over 20 years!

[​IMG]

Weight of Cover - 400g (without iPad)
    Front of Case - Large pocket located underneath the pocket flap has pleated loops to hold pens and markers securely. Pocket flap has a quick view map envelope incorporated below the flap itself. Great for quick viewing of important information like maps without having to go into your case. Pocket flap also has a zippered hidden pocket to hold small tools, cell phone etc. Large velcro area on top of pocket flap for badges, crests, nametapes etc.

Interior of Case - On left side there are 10 Vinyl Envelope Checklists that hold paper that is 4" x 8" in size. The checklists are held in place by velcro that is removable and or replaceable if damaged. The checklists are an amazing way to access information quickly. By simply flipping the pages you can view maps and occupation essential checklist notes. For example, aircrew personnel have a variety of checklists they need on the job.
    - In addition, there are 2 pockets underneath the checklists for further storage of extra paperwork.
    - On the right side is a 10" x 7" area for placement of your device. Sticky backed adhesive velcro is included so you can adhere it to your device.
    Rear of Case - One of the most amazing features of this case is the zippered open, 12" x 9", Vinyl Map Case that has been designed into the rear of the case. The Map Case also acts as a full length pocket with a secure velcroed flap to keep it's contents safe.
    Overall - The case is padded with 1/4" of close cell foam throughout for extra shock resistance. Believe me, you will get a nice warm fuzzy feeling all over after you have installed your $700 iPad into this $60 case, because you'll know it will take more than an accidental drop to damage it.

army_ipad_protector_case_zoom.jpg ipad_bag_zoom.jpg ipad_checklist_case_zoom.jpg ipad_map_case_zoom.jpg ipad_map_case_zoom.jpg ipad_mapcase_zoom.jpg ipad_protector_zoom.jpg military_notebook_case_zoom.jpg

Please post your questions.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Oct 21, 2013
  2. theprepared_com

theprepared_com Loaded Pockets

I ordered one of these after seeing your intro post. Can't wait to get it.

zenpunk likes this.
  3. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Thanks, let use know what you think when you get it.

zenpunk likes this.
  4. Xiii
    • In Omnia Paratus

Xiii Loaded Pockets

It looks good but i would need more protection, just incase i dropped the ipad, i know its says foam protection but i would be cautious. I will look forward to your review. let us know if it provides enough protection for out doors use.
    Xiii

5. Ramrod87

Ramrod87 Loaded Pockets

What are the overall dimensions of the bag with an iPad inside?

6. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I am sending a message to find out.

7. theprepared_com

I suppose you could always slide in a piece of Kydex on the screen side for more protection. I'm not that concerned about it.

8. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

One of the issues I have had with these in general (not necessarily this version) is if you have a screen protector with edge protection the iPad will not fit in the case.

9. neginfluence04

neginfluence04 Loaded Pockets

I wonder if the iPad case will accommodate my Microsoft surface?

Mark D. likes this.
  10. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

Is this case the same model that you simply velcro a "naked" ipad into?

11. Wheels
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

Wheels Loaded Pockets

ppfd - thanks for ordering one. Let me know what you think when you get it please.

12. Wheels
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

Wheels Loaded Pockets

Yes this is the same case. Just a tip but it's a good idea to clean the backside of the ipad with alcohol before attaching the velcro for a really good permanent stick. I can't say everyone likes this method of attaching the ipad. Personally, I like it a lot because I'm constantly ripping it out of the case when I use mine and I also like having free access to the volume control and so on.

No it won't fit a surface. We may be adding that size later on.

10.5" x 8.5" x 1.5"

Question for you - what method of holding the ipad inside the case do most prefer? Velcro strips, corner holders, other...

13. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

One of the other fellas ordered not me.

Are you planning any other mounting options? I'd prefer something other than the velcro myself.

14. Ramrod87

Ramrod87 Loaded Pockets

Personally I'm okay with the Velcro on the back. Will prob be ordering on of these soon to go along with my bag. Right now my iPad is completely unprotected and it worries me if I toss the bag around.

15. Wheels
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

Wheels Loaded Pockets

What would you recommend as the best mounting method?
    Yeh, I know what you mean - it's a bummer when you drop it!

16. theprepared_com

I received mine and really like it so far. It is built solid and is a quality case. I like the fact that the back velcro pouch fits a Molskine notebook perfectly.

I don't mind the velcro mounting. I think it's the best option for a case like this. I suppose you could go with some sort of slip in mount or put in elastic material around all four sides but you would lose access to the controls.

The only suggestion I have is to add a magnet to the cover so it shuts off the iPad when the cover is closed.

Ramrod87 likes this.
  17. n3ydn

n3ydn Empty Pockets

How's the fit with the mini iPad ?

18. Wheels
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

Wheels Loaded Pockets

Magnets a cool idea - I'll have to play with that idea a bit and see if we can make it work
    Sorry but it does not fit the mini very well. We do have a mini ipad case coming out. Probably be online within a month. Thanks

19. Elg

Elg Loaded Pockets

this is definitely going on my wishlist!

20. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

A word of caution on the magnets. If there is to much play in the case, the magnets moving away from the iPad will also wake it from sleep, causing a decrease in battery life. I don't know the exact spec, but the magnet only has to come off the surface of the iPad a very short distance before causing it to wake.

It doesn't seem like it should be an issue using an Apple smart cover (or similar) while it in the case. That would give the extra screen protection some have wondered about.

Mark D. and thePlumbah like this.