1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tactical briefcase convertible backpack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by tigz, Mar 30, 2019.

1. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

At some point we all get tired of all the messengers, backpacks and slings but in the civilian mode, the briefcase convertible backpack have been making it rounds lately and to prove a point I have two of these types - one by Herschel and the other Topodesigns. These bags are highly flexible from the boardroom( two handles and shoulder strap) and to the streets and the trail with the concealable backpack straps. In as much as my variety of tactical bags in the closet from Goruck, 511s and Hazard4, nothing comes out from the tactical brand when it comes to the convertible pack, so I turned to this forum because somehow something will pop out from the closet. Any thoughts?

2. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Actually, Mystery Ranch have the three way briefcase but no miller or Velcro which I think should fill the tactical look!

3. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I'm a big fan of 3-way use, except got my bag down to ~10L and base off a small messenger bag. Covers from Boardroom briefcase to hiking backpack (DIY rig main strap into dual straps).

steeps likes this.
  4. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

I couldn't downsize, my typical load exceeds 15L, because that covers a lunch bag, water and coffee bottle and room for light jacket, plus a little extra for a couple of grocery packages on the way home. I found there's more you can cram on a 3-way I just like any on a 15L backpack.

5. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

6. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I hear ya... we all have to work out our own systems. I don't carry much in the way of grocery stuff, but otherwise carry the same/similar as you, plus stuff like light pants, tent, chair, shower, nap pad, and water filter/purification. No coffee bottle, but I do have a pot/stove to make it.

7. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

Do you have a link as to how you carry those straps?
    Also, do you have a loadout of your carry posted somewhere?

8. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Yes and no.

9. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Check out Topo designs for their commuter briefcase, there's enough photos there to show backpack to shoulder and handle carry. It's my daily bag right now; if only someone can suggest a free photo App I can use to post here since Photobucket is now charging for subscription. Thanks!

10. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Indeed it's something to go for and it's sold out! It will also cost me shipping with the bag coming from UK! Thanks for this, I have something to prey on again! Two cons; the back straps are not split so could be a discomfort in the shoulder and bag may hang low, also the bottle holder cords looks very cluttered and could get you hooked in door handles when passing thru tight quarters.