1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tacti-Cool problems

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by jester02k, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spyguy

spyguy Loaded Pockets

The thing about that that got me was they did it in like 10 cities Boston was the only city that reacted at all
    and people still got upset with them, no one in the media or anywhere else realized that had that been what they thought it was
    nine cities would have been victimized not ten,
    and hey better safe than than sorry right?

2. DSC

DSC Banned

Looks too aggressive? This is the same type of thinking that gets AR-15's banned because people try to say they "look too aggressive"

"Unacceptable"? To the contrary...what we need to be doing is trying to encourage as many people as possible to carry similar type bags so that they become so commonplace people will not be able to draw incorrect conclusions about those that carry them.

3. knestle

knestle Banned

You are talking about the way the world SHOULD work(and I agree).
    I am talking about the way the world DOES WORK.
    If you want to walk into a security concious high rise, or an airport, carrying a bag of obviously tactical/military design . . .
    You can be as indignant as you want, but that won't change the result.

If you insist on attracting attention by wearing or carrying something that seems out of place, then you WILL get attention.

Unfortunately, appearance counts.

You do not appear for a corporate CEO job interview dressed in a Grateful Dead t-shirt and torn jeans.
    You don't compete in the Tour de France wearing a tuxedo.

You can protest all you want, waste all the time and effort you want trying to change people's attitudes about the way things SHOULD be, with very little result. Or you can exercise some common sense, anticipate how your appearance will be perceived by those you will encounter, and dress(carry) accordingly.

Like I said before: I LIKE the bag. But not for a professional in a service/business setting.

4. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

Maybe this will keep them calm.

http://www.diaperbags.com/diaper-bags/5354+5356.cfm

5. Schattenwolf

Schattenwolf Empty Pockets

To much pouches on the back. Looks in my eyes uncool.

6. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

Why?! How is the bad bag scary? What a nation of wimps we have raised. Bags scare people, the US flag scares people, etc. When can't a man in a free country not carry what he wants without threat of being searched by a rent a cop. It's :censored: :mad:

7. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Okay, the OP's question was had this happened to anyone else. We've strayed a bit, and this thread has run its course.

:peg2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.