1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tabletop Role Playing Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Lugsalot, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

not any more but the dice come in handy in my classroom. What is the probablity of a 20 sided dice? 100? good times.

2. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

Just finished a 4e campaign this summer and am currently running a 2e Vampire the Masquerade story. Playing tonight as a matter of fact.

3. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

I combined my booze and women with my gaming...gets interesting quick.

4. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

I've played a number of role-playing games, but never (A)D&D. Still got the books and lots of dice, but no time nor anyone to play with.

We have an older thread about RPGs in general (see here), do you want to keep this one specifically about D&D or should I merge the two?

5. knuckleduster1

knuckleduster1 Loaded Pockets

Yeah we tried that. Thats how I ended up in rehab. Note to self: Keep live blades out of gaming room.

6. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Loaded Pockets

No D&D, but I do play WoW and SWTOR. Does that count?

7. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Loaded Pockets

You could try one of these: http://www.mintproducts.com/velvet-coin_pouch-choose-from-three-colors-save-on-quantities.html , only $.49...but shipping might make it less cost-effective, unless you happen to be in the market for some silver or gold. However, you might also try some coin shops in your area.

Tim

8. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I say go with the classic crown royal bag. I have a leather bag that I got at a ren fest a few years back. I've seen some leather workers on the forum. (sorry I don't do names well, and I'm still new here or I would post some names) Maybe they could make you a custom bag?

P.S. the coolest dice bag I've ever seen was a gold fish bowl

9. darth_guy101

darth_guy101 Loaded Pockets

I have no preference either way.

10. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Merged then, since folks seemed to talk about various non-D&D games as well.

I use the pouch that came with my only Benchmade knife. Thinkgeek sells a chainmail pouch, which is pretty cool. And dang it, I want those high precision dice even if I haven't played any RPGs for a couple of years.

11. Moonduck

Moonduck Loaded Pockets

Chainmail pouches are cool, but I've seen them chip dice pretty badly. I had one completely eat a Zocchi die set by wrecking the points. The points are there for a reason :(

12. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

I has gots me two sets of these;

[​IMG]

One in brushed stainless and one gold set in a sweet leather pouch. I just love the looks on peoples faces when i first play with em, when i empty my bag on the table it looks like im emptying a bag of gold coins :D

1 person likes this.
  13. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

That's a nice set! I've got one similar :) Don't have the leather pouch though.

The other day, I brought my percentage dice into work just to have fun.. Co-worker comes over and says "We need you to do this.. " I say "You have a 35% chance that I'll do it for you" and then roll the dice. ;)

Made for a fun day :)

14. Crco

Crco Loaded Pockets

I carry those same metal dice ... but in brushed copper. A warmer look. They've been holding up quite well over the years ...

15. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

I've decided to take a shot at resurrecting this thread.

[​IMG]

I've been missing tabletop games pretty hard lately. I find myself wandering around Roll20 often, but ultimately I give up. Something about joining a game with people I don't know at all is just off-putting, and none of my friends in this area are actually into gaming. I'm semi-tempted to aim for an EDCF group, but that sounds like a lot of work. :)

16. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

What kind of games?

I was into M:tG for a while. But, my passion was for vintage and legacy. And there's just less of it here....almost no vintage at all. The last time I played it was at dragoncon in 2011....I did win that tournament, though. In a 73/75 card mirror match, both differently evolved from the vintage world champion deck. It was a lot of fun. And the Legacy crowd here leaves a bit to be desired...it's very clicky.

I also really enjoy Talisman. But, I very rarely get to play it.

I'm not sure if either of these are what you're into, but I miss gaming.

kertap75 and wrath0r like this.
  17. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

MTG went through my little gaming community like crack cocaine through a -- we'll never mind. I played a few times but found the whole thing very uninspiring. And as no one else was playing a proper RPG neither was I, and I basically never played again since then. So, I do have a grudge against MTG...

Before that apocalypse, I played AD&D 1ed, Shadowrun, Champions.

I have a complete set of Talisman 2ed which I haven't played in decades. I've got a couple of nephews tall enough for it now, though...maybe I'll dust it off.

Treya, kertap75 and wrath0r like this.
  18. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

My favorite was always D&D, but I've also fooled around with some other stuff like 7th Sea, Spycraft, Wheel of Time, and even some Vampire: The Masquerade.

Part of the issue is also the maturity of people in general. I tried out a D&D group on Roll20 one time. Let me just say that it was... extremely distasteful.

kertap75 likes this.
  19. BubbaFett
    • In Omnia Paratus

BubbaFett Loaded Pockets

That was my one experience with D&D as well (with co-workers). I am a fan of board games, but the only RPGs I've played seriously have been the MMO variety.

kertap75 and wrath0r like this.
  20. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

Oh I've played plenty of D&D. I've just re-learned that looking for maturity on the internet is a fool's errand. So I sit here building the occasional character sheet when I get ideas and then doing nothing with them.

kd7dvd and kertap75 like this.