1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tabletop Role Playing Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Lugsalot, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Loaded Pockets

Right now, playing Fantasycraft and Mutants & Masterminds

2. crunchysock

crunchysock Loaded Pockets

That kept me from playing for years, a few years ago I was lucky enough to fall in with a group of like minded, normal, professional, functioning adult gamers and it's been a blast. We usually only get together once a month but it's been some of funnest games ever. We're playing 4E btw.

3. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Shadowrun!!!! How cool is that game, i just LOVE the setting and all the drawings in the book!

And i ofc also play AD&D but like most here i currently lack a nice group to play with on a regular basis.....

4. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Loaded Pockets

Haven't played in many years. Lack of time was a buzz kill.

5. knuckleduster1

knuckleduster1 Loaded Pockets

Played for 10years with my brother and some friends. Then discovered booze and women. Should have stuck with D&D.

6. ketchupgun

ketchupgun Loaded Pockets

I'm the big loser here. Read many of the books from the 1983 stuff to 3.5. To 4.0 and Essetrials. No one to play with though.

7. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Shadowrun!!!! How cool is that game, i just LOVE the setting and all the drawings in the book!

[/QUOTE]
    Shadowrun, like almost all modern systems needed the perfect group, plus a really good GM. In modern, either you make a new character every 5 minutes, or it's very unrealistic. Also it's ahrd not to let technology and gear take over. All the RIFTS games I've ever played in the gear was the most important thing

8. yellowhammer

yellowhammer Loaded Pockets

I used to play a lot (AD&D, Call of Cthulu, Runequest) but, as has been said, it's hard to find sensible people to play with these days. Anyone else use to play Paranoia? I loved that game but none of my friends wolud play it more than once, the miserable bleeders.

Hmmm, all the books are still in the loft...

9. darth_guy101

darth_guy101 Loaded Pockets

I've been playing off and on for about 6 months with some guys I know from working summer camp staff. I've never played any other tabletop RPG's before DnD. I like it more than warcraft-type RPGs because its all face to face communication and teamwork, you actually know the people you play with.

10. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

True story.

11. mightywombat

mightywombat Loaded Pockets

12. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I used to play a couple of different RPG's when I was younger, mainly the d6 Starwars game, but with odd adventures in to D&D and a couple of other odd games.

Would quite like to get into it again (even if somewhat casually) but lack the other players to get it going.

13. FeebleOldMan

FeebleOldMan Loaded Pockets

14. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I had a Minotaur named Toilet Breath. Haha.

I used to love DM-ing. I refused to call it Games Master. DUNGEON MASTER sounded cooler. I still have loads of bits from my AD&D 2nd Ed. Lots of memories.

15. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Loaded Pockets

I bought the game, but never got a chance to play it.

Also, I just remembered one of the other RPGs that I'd played. It was called The Morrow Project.

Tim

16. IronPrayers

IronPrayers Loaded Pockets

I played last Friday.

17. JP

JP Loaded Pockets

lol...It happens to the best of us. I used to play sports before B&W.

18. Atomick

Atomick Loaded Pockets

I've played almost every RPG known to man, from Morrow Project to Gamma World to D&D to GURPS to Marvel Super Heroes to Shadowrun to World of Darkness to Call of Cthulhu to you name it, with eternal soft spots for Car Wars and Warhammer 40k. I've not role-played in many years now due to Real Life, but I do play board games monthly...Adult Life (tm) and My Mortgage (R) keep me away from computer RPGs, too. I play them to see how they're put together - especially for the character and sound design - but never have the commitment or time to finish the games. Regardless, all amazing memories and gained friends that I wouldn't trade for the world. Too little time and too many hobbies, though, nowadays!

19. darth_guy101

darth_guy101 Loaded Pockets

I feel sorry for those of you trapped in "real life" with "responsibilities" and "obligations". Does anyone know a good place to get good dice bags? I have been carrying them (dice, die, whatever...) in my pocket or in a ziploc bag, but I want a little more flair to their vessel of transport, since coolness points are still worth something. Maybe a fleece pouch in blue or purple? or even leather (for my barbarian don't ya know)?

20. Moonduck

Moonduck Loaded Pockets

Guilty as charged. I run a VtM game on BBS, and play in a few different games once or twice a month. It's good stress relief and an outlet for creativity.