1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

T10 question

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by RossHoss, Mar 23, 2015.

?

Which version do you prefer

1. Thrunite T10

33.3%
  2. Thrunite T10S

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Thrunite T10T

66.7%
  1. RossHoss

RossHoss Loaded Pockets

How does the standard thrunite t10 compare to the t10s and t10t in terms of quality, usability, and cool factor

ManVsLawn likes this.
  2. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

I have the original T10 (twisty - cool white), and the T10 2014 Edition (clicky/twisty - neutral white). I EDC both of them, alongside a SolarForce, with a Sportac Triple Nichia 219 2-mode drop-in.

The ThruNite Lights:
    [​IMG]
    Left to Right:
    1. T10 - original (cool white)
    2. T10 2014 Edition (neutral white)
    3. TN30
    4. Catapult V3
    EDC Lights (on-person):
    [​IMG]
    Left to Right:
    1. ThruNite T10
    2. ThruNite T10 2014 Edition
    3. EagleTac TX25C@ (unfortunately, I lost this one :(
    4. SolarForce L21P with Sportac Triple Nichia 219 2-mode drop-in
    Smaller Lights:
    [​IMG]
    The ITP and the Olight are the second and eighth lights from the left.

I'm afraid I can't speak to the differences in feel, or function, as compared to the stainless or titanium versions of these T10 lights; but I believe any light this small, that puts out this amount of light, has a cool factor of its own :D - and they're very reasonably priced, for what they deliver.

While I do own a couple of stainless lights (an ITP A1 EOS, and an Olight TC15 SS - pictured above), pretty much just for the hell of it, and because I got great deals on both of them), I'm not a big proponent of stainless or titanium lights this small - because they lack the kind of heat sinking necessary to keep them cool, after prolonged periods.

Yes - they're definitely conversation pieces; but it's a known fact that, neither stainless steel, nor titanium allow for the transfer of heat, away from a light, as well as the tried and true aluminum.

True - both of those alternate metals look absolutely beautiful (especially when they have a polished finish); but if you want a workhorse light, and not just a conversation piece, and you want something this small, you would probably be better served with the traditional aluminum body. It will stay cooler, especially with hard use, at the highest output. Heat and moisture (inside the flashlight) are a flashlights worst enemies.

ThruNite make a pretty nice light. I also have one of their TN30 lights, and it is a monster light. Love all of 'em!

That's my $.10 worth.

Last edited by david57strat, Mar 24, 2015
    RossHoss and REDDEVIL like this.
  3. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

It's all about what you want it to. IMO, the frugal part of me says t10, the fancy lustful me says t10t, the hardcore user in me says t10s. The latter two have the added feature of being polished up if scratched, if that matters to you. Otherwise, the all have same ui and quality. Once again, IMO, the cool factor is the ti version. But the cool factor probably truly lies in what you need as far as material and personal preference

ManVsLawn, RossHoss and david57strat like this.
  4. Andrew.C

Andrew.C Loaded Pockets

Interested in this comparison as well, not sure if I want to spend the extra for stainless

ManVsLawn likes this.
  5. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

Honestly, my suggestion is to with the ti over the stainless if that clean metal look is what appeals to you because it is lighter, otherwise I cannot justify the price over the aluminum version for a stainless unless the added heft appeals to you or you cannot stomach the thought of scratched anodizing. I highly doubt that the untrained eye can differentiate between ti and ss. that's why I say it is personal preference, however, if u want the right answer,... Get all three or turn in your membership cardsand don't let me catch you giving the secret EDCF handshake ;):p

RossHoss and ManVsLawn like this.
  6. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

I owned the T10S until I upgraded to the T10T...

Both are awesome. Both are great quality, reliable lights.

I wouldn't personally buy the T10S again because it was heavy. But some people like the 'heft in hand' feel, which it did feel great in the palm.

The T10T is awesome - super light weight.

I'd say the T10 (aluminum body) is pretty nice, though. I like the knurling and you'd save half the price from the titanium model; it wold still be lightweight. Maybe even lighter than Ti.

Good EDC light. I carried the stainless version for half a year until I upgraded to the titanium version. I almost wished I got the regular aluminum body, instead - black and silver look good together. ;)

RossHoss likes this.
  7. RossHoss

RossHoss Loaded Pockets

I will get all 3 as time progresses, and if you've seen my missing maglite you'd know I don't care if it's scratched and you should tell me where it is :)

REDDEVIL likes this.