1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

T.H.E. Wallet vs Traveler Deluxe

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Buff, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Buff

Buff Loaded Pockets

I'm looking to get a large wallet for those times when my LAWallet or Maxped C.I.D. don't quite fill the bill. Particularly when I have to travel and need to carry large sums of cash.

I'm thinking one of these carried around my neck under my shirt would be the best idea and then I could discreetly transfer cash to my pocket wallet as needed.

Has anyone here handled both and can give a fair comparison. Looking at the web sites I like the T.H.E. better except that the Traveler has loops to attach a strap around your body to keep the wallet from flopping around.

Also would like to know what retailers carry spec-ops products, their direct prices are way out of my liking. :broke:

2. furbis

furbis Loaded Pockets

I have THE wallet and THE wallet jr. they are both great wallets but I carry jr more often it fits the pocket on my wranglers better THE wallet fits but sticks up a little out of the top of the back pocket and I worry about getting it stolen. as far as wearing it around the neck I have not tried that yet but it should work fine. I use a eagle creek neck wallet when traveling to carry cash and cards in and my shirt holds it against my chest fine.

http://www.eaglecreek.com/product/40022

3. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

I have THE Wallet. Love it plenty of little pockets and places to hide stuff. Even though its bigger than a regular wallet it stays thinner and fits my............Seat..........better. lol

4. Longsword

Longsword Empty Pockets

TAG used to sell Spec Ops, i bought my "the wallet" there when i visited the store on my USA/Westcoast trip.
    (I don't know if they still carry them?)
    I have used it everyday for over 2 years now and it had hold up great. :)
    It can feel large sometimes, but it depends on position or pocket used.
    The + about it have overweight the - about it IMO.

For carrying cash more hidden i have however used a " Fjällräven " (Fjallraven?) travel purse,
    with elastic belt and a fastex buckle you can carry have it high on your pants, over the waistline or just inside the waist.
    Concealed by your shirt if it's not tucked in.
    It have 2 compartments with zippers - not a good wallet by any means but good for cash and cards.
    However problematic if it's warm and you sweat a lot.. ugh! :nervous: