1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

T.H.E Wallet Questions

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by billybag, Mar 22, 2010.

1. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

I am in need of a new wallet. I was looking at T.H.E. Wallet by Spec Op I have compared size to what I carry now and there is little difference.
    I have checked out the YouTube reviews.
    I am wondering about personal thoughts or experiences.
    Please share and Thank you in advance.

2. berdar

berdar Empty Pockets

I love T.H.E. Wallet. The only problem i've had is that it is too big for some pockets. It is a :censored: to get out of my khaki pockets. I've been thinking about the JR version, just haven't gotten around to buying one yet.

3. ScarletPimpernel

ScarletPimpernel Loaded Pockets

I have both the THE wallet and the JR. I much prefer the JR, precisely because the THE is too big for many trouser pockets. However, THE sits better in a jacket chest pocket (mine is a Rohan Assignment), and it can hold a passport, so for travelling I'd take THE; for EDC the JR wins hands down.

4. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

I also have the JR. I love it and when the time comes to get a new wallet I will get the same one again. In the past one of the greatest weak points of other wallets I've had was the velcro coming off. Won't happen. Only thing that bothers me with the JR is that it doesn't hold a german passport well (not relevant to many) and that sometimes it is not so easy to access the coin compartment. Even though I've had the wallet for years now it is still fun to flip it open. It is a tough wallet built to last.

5. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the thoughts I almost always wear cargo pants so I am not to concerned by the pocket fit.
    Any Pro's to THE over the JR beyond space and is the added space worth it?
    Thanks again hope that there will be more input.

6. jenkinma

jenkinma Loaded Pockets

I think the added space is worth it.

I carry one and have so for a couple of years... it has room for a passport and just about anything else. I carry a challenge coin in the little mesh pouch, several credit cards... my license is on the inside and the outside window is saved for ID when needed. I use the inside zippered pocket for "less frequently" accessed stuff... As mentioned, it is a little larger and does not fit in a couple of my pant rear pockets, but not that many (in my wardrobe).

7. Doctor_Tattoo

Doctor_Tattoo Loaded Pockets

I have the full size one as well, I carry it every day. Fits fine in Army Uniform pockets. My one and only complaint is the zipper pull from the coin pocket wore a hole in my drivers license on the opposite side. Not real sure what my state is going to say about that when it comes time to get a new one.

Shawn

8. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

Been carrying a THE for years. Love it.

9. gdwtvb

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

I actually use THE checkbook wallet. It stays in the max Jumbo most of the time. It's big, I doubt it will ever wear out, and most importantly it holds everything!

can't go wrong if you don't mind the size.

Grizz

10. oly

oly Loaded Pockets

I have the JR version. I just love this wallet. Zipper pockets everywhere! And not having to hear the velcro rip anymore is such a welcome to me. I have had mine for over a year now and it is well constructed and still looks like new! I'm sure the original version is the same quality if not better!

11. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

K So it took awhile but I got T.H. E. Wallet by Spec Op and it is right on for what I wanted. I would recomend this to anyone.
    Thank you for all that gave info.

12. cupioarcanamundi

cupioarcanamundi Empty Pockets

Looks like I got to this thread a little late, but I hope you enjoy your new wallet. I have been carrying T.H.E. wallet for about six years now and I still love it, though the exterior ID window is wearing out and has started to crack a little at the edges. One thing which I really like about this wallet, which has not been mentioned here yet, is the ability to carry it wrapped around a belt; this is how I usually carry mine, as I often lack cargo pockets, and it works out very well for me.

Stephen

13. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

I have tried the belt carry. It worked out well.
    I think that for every day I like my cargo pockets, but for a higher level of activity the belt is the way to go.
    It doesn't seem to get in the way as much I have worn it on my right back hip.

14. bitpusher

bitpusher Loaded Pockets

I've got Jr. & it's big enough for me.

Seriously getting hooked on this overbuilt Maxpedition/Spec-Ops style stuff.

15. TjPippa

TjPippa Loaded Pockets

Just ordered the JR on back of this thread so roll on delivery!