1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

System FAIL. Need a new bag for EDC...

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RogueEDC, Jan 13, 2011.

1. RogueEDC

RogueEDC Loaded Pockets

Hey

I am currently using an Adidas sling bag. My organization is primarily based on the shape of the bag instead of having things where I can get to them readily. I am interested in a backpack or shoulder bag for EDC. My price range is probably $50-75. I don't have a CCW permit and my employer has a very legal posting of the Texas 30.06 statute on the front door. I need to be able to carry things from home to work and other places. I won't be carrying a change of clothes or anything like that usually. A book, journal, camera, FAK, tool pouch, toiletry pouch, insulin, water bottle, maybe some protein bars.

Any advice will help.

Thanks,

R

2. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Loaded Pockets

Take a look at Maxpedition products... maxpedition.com or lapolicegear.com (they usually have MaxP products for cheaper)...

3. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Check out Chrome bags. They are very durable (1000D Cordura, and double/triple-stitched), waterproof, and well-suited for daily carry.

4. spiritof76

spiritof76 Loaded Pockets

Since you mentioned a shoulder bag, consider the LA Police Gear Bail Out Bag. $20 plus shipping.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html

Lots of pockets to organize all the stuff you listed and fairly compact.

5. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

6. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

Depending on where you work (urban/outdoors, professional/casual etc.), a backpack would be better for your back, but not nearly as easily accessible.

As for the mentions above:
    -lapolicegear, countycomm bags are good, the countycomm bags are slightly better in quality, but they're both pretty bottom-middle tier. They are hated by TADGear because of their past ripoff products.
    -Chrome's original owners went on to found Mission Workshop. Chrome messengers really are horrible for walking, but excellent for biking.

I own and use extensively all of the above-mentioned.

You're going to get about 20 brand recommendations, and 40 different styles unless you narrow down with more parameters.

7. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

8. mjadams75

mjadams75 Loaded Pockets

SO TECH has a mission go bag that might fit your needs.

9. Bard

Bard Loaded Pockets

UTG tactical messenger bag.. its a bit on the tacticool side, but its comfortable, and holds books, folders, whatever in vertical rather than horizontal format. area51tactical was where i found mine the cheapest, and it cost around $30 at the time. great bag and pretty well devided. no pen pockets though, but ive come to terms with that. even a few open top pockets you can clip em to. other than that, no complaints... and ive got mine loaded with crap!

10. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets