1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

sXeBLADE EDC and stuff

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by sXeBLADE, Aug 6, 2015.

1. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

Made my first payment for the k'roo :D

2. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

Haven't heared anything from Willem about the knife yet not even that he received payment:/

3. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

New edc additions!! A swisscard classic in blue and the infamous but oh so well build maglite solitaire.

The box it came in is nice, I don't know if all maglites come like this but I like it.
    [​IMG]

The contents:
    [​IMG]

The tools in the swisscard fit nice and snug and won't fall out the scissors are as nice as you would find in any Victorinox. The blade was dull but I fixed that quickly.

The Solitaire feels nice and solid and although it is hated by flashaholics it gives enough light for most.

Couple o'beam shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

Got a email from Willem. In about 4 weeks my knife will be ready. :D

After this one I'll have to take it easy for a while or my best friend (a lady who doesn't like knives but is the sweetest person in the world) will cause me serious bodily harm with her hulklike powers :eek: ;)

2016 looks like the year of the ka-bar, buck 112 and 4 or 6 D-cell maglite though

5. Gallows
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gallows EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well, you know the most impotprtant lesson if life. Keep the lady happy:D

6. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

Seems like I do, too bad it never got further than good friends. But on the other hand now I have more spare money for gear ;)

7. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

I saw a review of the Zero Tolerance emerson 0620cf. I think I'm in love....

8. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

Any opinions on a small sebenza 21 (next year will be expensive lol)

9. Antithetik
    • In Omnia Paratus

Antithetik EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG]Go for the Insingo Blade![​IMG]

10. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

I know you like that one xD but I like a sharp tip so I will buy a regular one first, a micarta inlayed small insingo is nice tho ;) any experiences with your sebbie you want to share?

I will go for the Zero Tolerance/Emerson 0620cf first, then a ka-bar and then the big saving of money for the sebbies will have to start. Have to pay off my K'roo first though, I'm so exited for that one!! :D

theirishboxer and Gallows like this.
  11. Antithetik
    • In Omnia Paratus

Antithetik EDC Junkie!!!!!

Learned the hard way:

Use the Allen Wrench to dismantle the knife on the pins in the back, not the screws up front. Keeps your screws from getting screwed up, the pins offer a lot more depth for the AW to slide in...

12. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

That's very usefull information right there, going to need to write that down.

13. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

I designed a new knife!! Next year this one needs to come alive

[​IMG]

8cm blade
    10.5cm handle
    Thick, sandblasted 6al4v Ti-liner lock, liners, pocketclip and bolsters
    Carbonfiber scales
    M390 steel
    Stonewashed tanto-droppoint fusion blade with swedge
    Purple anodized 6al4v titanium thumb plate and backspacer

How do you guys like it?

Nick4305, sliverhawk, Gallows and 7 others like this.
  14. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

I'm deciding to have a fixed blade made which is based on the design of the Cold Steel master tanto a design I really like but find too expensive (unless you guys can talk me into it ;) ) 5160 springsteel instead off the San Mai III, black micarta instead of kraton and brass guard and pommel instead of stainless steel. the sheath is meant to be a shoulder holster rig with the knife under my left shoulder so I can cross draw it (I'm ambidextrous but consider right my stronger side) I don't aspire to be a knife fighter, it is just a sheath design to carry a larger fixed blade around the woods without been frowned upon, that and a jacket over it, firesteel and pocket knife in my pocket and I'm comfortable that I could get trough the night if I need to stay out :D

Good idea? :D

PS a knife like that wouldn't be edc off course, I'd carry it if I'd go to the woods etc.

15. rangetroop

rangetroop Loaded Pockets

He he he , you've been bitten by the Knife bug there Brother! :frantic: youll fit in just fine!

I have the same carry concerns with large fixed blades but just mount them in a quick to reach spot in whatever bag or backpack im using at the time. If Im not carrying a bag for my outing I just carry a small fixed blade in my pocket.

With the small Sebenza question, I only have a real old one and its a classy, well made knife. I have had it about 17 years and although i dont carry it every day anymore I use it as my going out knife. I did edc it for the first 10 years or so and then had it refurbished at CRK. If I could only keep one folder it would be the Seb. I just like to freshen things up a bit with new knives occasionally but its my favorite.
    Basically people love em or just dont get it. Either way its all good each to there own. :)

ManVsLawn, masofnos, Gallows and 3 others like this.
  16. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

I found a site that sells the master tanto reasanobaly "cheap" so I think I might grab one and carry it from time to time when I go walking the country side at night. I mailed them about the steel if it ain't vg1 san mai iii I'm not going to buy it.
    I love fixed blades though I only own five (2 small ones, 2 mora's and a glock 81 knife) now I want a Cold Steel tanto and I do want a custom version of it later. The Cold Steel tanto, whether you like the company or not,is a good knife.

Glad to hear that the sebbie is great too :)

17. rangetroop

rangetroop Loaded Pockets

Have a few Cold Steel myself, all old ones though and still doin the job. Large Voyager, XL Voyager, SRK and Trailmaster.
    No complaints here, I like em. SRK is just right.

I just cant imagine myself carrying one on my belt!

Antithetik likes this.
  18. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

I hear ya, I rarely even carry my recon 1 folder, But I'd like to have a good fixed blade around 6-8" in my posession just in case all hell breaks loose ;) for utility I have my mora.

I did carry my super edge a lot but I gifted it to my best friend 2 weeks ago. She feels a lot safer going out alone in the dark now, she carries it attached with a little cord between the cups of her bra. I wish every girl was open to carrying a knife. The other is a mini pendelton hunter in vg1 which I carried inside the waistband.

At the monent I carry my SS delica and most times it is my case canoe unless I'm working, then I carry my TL-29. In a few weeks I'll probably only carry my K'roo knife tho :)

ManVsLawn, Antithetik and Gallows like this.
  19. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

I broke down and ordered lots of stuff, think you guys will like it. Updates will follow soon!!

20. sXeBLADE

sXeBLADE Loaded Pockets

Gifted my tenacious to another girl friend of mine. I never loved the knife but I think she will, she's s not a knife nut but does find em kind of cool. For me I highly prefer the RAT 1 in this price category, my favorite folder I have is my stainless delica with spyder edge.

speaking of spydies, my salt 1 with spyderedge will arrive this afternoon, same proportions of the delica and half the weight. Now my eye is set on a spyderco dragonfly salt in plain edge, a CE vg-10 endura and either a ZDP-189 dragonfly or endura.

I also wish spyderco would come out with a CE pacific salt, the blade is long enough for CE in my opinion.

I've being bit by the bug!!