1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

switching bags that DID NOT work out

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by solocanoe, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

Really? Wow, now I dont feel like a lunatict anymore. I'm NOT the only one. WOOOOO HOOOO!!!

2. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Load carrier? :) That hurts my E&E's feelings. :) A cardboard box is a "load carrier"; a paper bag is a "load carrier"; "The Kifaru E&E Back Pouch...is crafted to be low profile for all tasks - you'll find it seductively useful for work, travel, or just knocking around too." It is "Made in America", and built to order. I suppose if I wanted to I could order one without molle on the outside. :) It is more then a "load carrier". :) That is just my opinion, of course, others may disagree. :)

Anyways...
    You are right, different bags do have different functions: My E&E is great, but sometimes I don't want the molle on the outside, then my Urban Traveler comes into play. The SO Tech "Go Bag" I just like, and wanted one every since I saw "Transformers". I rotate my EDC junk between the 3 bags.

I have had my Urban Traveler since November of 2008. I used it for 6-8 months, then swapped to other bags, and have used it "off and on" also. I like it because of its smooth, sleek, style. It holds its shape, the pack sides are lightly padded. I can fill it up or leave it empty and it will sit on my floor without falling over. My E&E is packed and if I sit it on the floor it will fall over. I would like it to have nice big zippers like my E&E, but other then that I wouldn't change anything else. The one thing I do like about the zippers is they can be locked together(on 2 of the openings--I took a pic of that and it is posted somewhere around here). I looked at the computer pack also, but back then I didn't have a netbook, and didn't need a computer pack. I don't think you will go wrong with either bag. The other cool thing about the Urban Traveler is it can be expanded. I can add another 500 cubic inches by unzipping one part. 1500 cubic inches to 2000 cubic inches in less then 10 seconds.

Jason

3. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

Hahahaha..............good one Jason.

Mike

4. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

:)

:)

5. Leif

Leif Empty Pockets

I have been using a Maxpedition Lunada as a pack for dayhiking, but am considering moving to a Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon to have a little more room and traditional backpack straps. I don't like how the Lunada rides (can't seem to make it comfortable), and it becomes small quickly once the various pockets get filled.

6. Ironman5517

Ironman5517 Loaded Pockets

My bag was a canvas paratrooper bag, not secure enough. maybe in 2005 i got my maxped jumbo, kept it running till last year when i needed more space for files folders, upgraded to a north face off-site. went from small organized compact to cavernous and gigantic. then i went back to wanting the smaller bag in the so tech mission go bag. now again im gravitating towards something larger. and low and behold the mongo hits the scene. kinda regret the so tech cause it does not hold the water bottle without modification or taking up space in the bag itself. might have to let the two go and get the mongo. after that ill be in the need for a better backpack.

7. Groundpounder

Groundpounder Loaded Pockets

I bought a Pygmy Falcon II, and while it is a good bag, it just didn't work out for me.

8. crunchysock

crunchysock Loaded Pockets

I bought a Colossus, it's a well built bag, I can't fault it at all but wearing it for a couple hours was enough to realize it's just too big for my needs, it just sits in the clost now.